11:50, Sun 14 Apr
Does anyone how they might go about creating access to the Birmingham Wheels site?

At the moment the two railways act like a bit of a blocker accessing it from town. I know that the owners have spoken about it being walking distance from the centre, but I can't see how at the moment you'd realistically be able to walk to the site from, say, the Bull Ring. St Andrews isn't so bad at the moment as you can walk through the backstreets of Digbeth up St Andrews St or go down through Digbeth and then up via McDonalds island.

Coming in from the outside of town it's actually really hemmed in. St Andrews has had the benefit (?) of the Cov Road right there, and even St Andrews is a nightmare. Wheels is worse, its pretty far from any decent road. I guess they must be depending on public transport into town, hence my question above.

Knowing our owners I'm sure there's a plan but just wondering if anyone has any insight. I guess I am being a bit sad and considering our bright new future..!
11:50, Sun 14 Apr
There’ll be a cable car link from the Rotunda.
11:52, Sun 14 Apr
A massive Blue led sky bridge, with food stalls and beer pumps

A few archers taking out away fans

Lovely
12:00, Sun 14 Apr
I like this, a huge walk up “Zulu Way” with a massive Garrison pub at the end… with canons.
12:00, Sun 14 Apr
Erm.... New roads
12:02, Sun 14 Apr
I would have thought the easiest way would be to build a wide pedestrian bridge over the railway and canal at the end of Garrison Street. Probably have to move the electricity pylon though.
12:05, Sun 14 Apr
Sounds perfect
12:08, Sun 14 Apr
I don't think we can really speculate about that until Knighthead's property purchases are complete.

My expectation would be they buy up all/ as many as possible of the premises within the rea defined by the two railway lines, Garrison La and Bordesley Green La. They won't want their £3bn investment to be surrounded by 'chop shops', factory units and pallet yards.

The only premises which may remain would be HMS Forward and the mosque next door. The school will probably be found a new site nearby and a bunch off money to assist in a move to new premises.

That would give them a site of approx 112 acres for the entire 'Sports Quarter' campus (Man Citeh is 80 acres according to t'internet)

The new stadium could then be towards the South side of the site and would barely be any further than Stans from the city centre.
D.S
12:10, Sun 14 Apr
Monorail between New St, Curzon Street, Sports Quarter and Birmingham International.
mad
12:15, Sun 14 Apr
Thongs
There’ll be a cable car link from the Rotunda.

Plans already in place. Also a pedestrian walkway with sweeping views it'll be like the walk from downtown Melbourne to the MCG since they put that bridge thing up. That one has didgeridoo sounds and calming first Nations people voicing nice things at the people who stole their ancestral lands.

Can anyone come up with a suitable soundtrack for the Eastside skywalk that will link Curzon street directly to the sports park?

It'll be a little like the high line in NYC and that other more cycle oriented one in Chicago with several access points up and onto it all the way along linking canals and old railway infrastructure with cool funky spots north of Digbeth
12:16, Sun 14 Apr
At the Open House Wagner said they are expecting other developers to start getting in on the act so it won't just be them doing the building and it seemed like they didn't want to do all the building. I suspect the vast difference between £2 & £3 Billion is due to the costs in putting infrastructre in to make it all work.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:31, Sun 14 Apr
The back of HS2 station will start almost near Curzon Circus on the ringroad. That area will all be shiny and new. So from there need access to Wheels.
12:33, Sun 14 Apr
A covered walk way from Bainsys.
mad
12:36, Sun 14 Apr
Homer

Cage style like how Millwall herd in all the away fans from the station
12:38, Sun 14 Apr
mad
mad
Homer