12:32, Mon 15 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA
That's just an opinion though isn't it? That's not me trying to be antagonistic but something being busy is subjective.

If it's going to have trains stopping on matchdays 23 times a season, it's not going to impact the line Monday to Friday, for example.

I don't get this opinion that everything is blocking the mainline so nothing can be built, if you look at current station stopping services do block the mainline and that happens twice an hour, on the second image a platform built on the south side would allow high speed services to pass by, then close the old station.
With a site of this size I'm sure an embankment can be constructed.
Linked Image
Linked Image
12:53, Mon 15 Apr
This is a multi-billion £ investment. We won't just be developing Wheels itself, but the entire infrastructure of the surrounding area, we'll be building new roads, pedestrian accesses, the whole bloody lot. It is absolutely huge. As a Civil Engineer I cannot wait to see the plans and who we appoint to build it, as I'll be whoring myself out for a job.
12:57, Mon 15 Apr
The Devlin Disguise
All of this is on the assumption HS2 happens though right? Once the Midlands Rail Hub or whatever they call it gives more capacity. 2 trains per hour extra coming Leicester/Water Orton/Moor Street, so (assuming they can stop, and it's physically possible in that bit between Landor and Garrison Lane, as you mention) it can be done without touching the WCML. Weren't they already talking about a new station at Castle Vale on that line? Not that long ago since they opened Coleshill Parkway.

HS2 IS happening! Have you not been to town recently? Massive construction site.
13:00, Mon 15 Apr
Yes, you could relocate the platform as that image suggests, but there's a reason why only 2 x 4-car trains stop at Adderley Park per hour, and that is because it really does eff everything else up in the vacinity.

The line speed running through there is 100mph, albeit you're slowing down for the 60mph restriction at the end of that straight. When a train stops all the trains back to Birmingham International get checked and have to slow down. It's a nightmare for express services. The pathing is really tight too, there's absolutely no spare capacity.

No doubt they'll come up with something, and my money would be on something tram related.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
13:08, Mon 15 Apr
This drone footage shows the significant size difference in land compared to what we currently have at St Andrews 👀

13:08, Mon 15 Apr
Haircut1000
The Devlin Disguise
All of this is on the assumption HS2 happens though right? Once the Midlands Rail Hub or whatever they call it gives more capacity. 2 trains per hour extra coming Leicester/Water Orton/Moor Street, so (assuming they can stop, and it's physically possible in that bit between Landor and Garrison Lane, as you mention) it can be done without touching the WCML. Weren't they already talking about a new station at Castle Vale on that line? Not that long ago since they opened Coleshill Parkway.

HS2 IS happening! Have you not been to town recently? Massive construction site.

Yes I know. As I replied to someone else above, people are pointing out the reasons it's not currently possible, but once HS2 is there, and the local stuff that goes with it, there'll be a bit more room.
13:09, Mon 15 Apr
Thank you Sir Topham Hatt.
13:12, Mon 15 Apr
Haircut1000
The Devlin Disguise

Apparently we can't build an embankment or a platform. People need to start thinking BIG, this is going to be fecking massive, new stations, high speed services stopping from London, a maglev link to HS2, a tree lined walkway to the City Centre, canal rejuvenation, hotels, training grounds, state of the art stadium, 60'000 attendance on derby days.
I truly believe these owners will deliver this, even if relegation happens.
I was undecided on the building of HS2 but I think we have HS2 to thank for all of this, I don't think the owners would have come to us if it wasn't for HS2 and the development it will bring.
13:21, Mon 15 Apr
IanT
Yes, you could relocate the platform as that image suggests, but there's a reason why only 2 x 4-car trains stop at Adderley Park per hour, and that is because it really does eff everything else up in the vacinity.

The line speed running through there is 100mph, albeit you're slowing down for the 60mph restriction at the end of that straight. When a train stops all the trains back to Birmingham International get checked and have to slow down. It's a nightmare for express services. The pathing is really tight too, there's absolutely no spare capacity.

No doubt they'll come up with something, and my money would be on something tram related.

Doesn't the proposed route for the Solihull extension go along Bordesley Street, past St Andrews then along one of the Knighthead owned properties (at least going on the green areas on the map) Bordesley St?

I, personally, wouldn't rule out something train related, as unlikely as it seems right now. Wagner seems to be working hard on his links with the right people and clearly the plans are big. We could see something more dramatic perhaps off the back of HS2.
13:23, Mon 15 Apr
This drone footage shows the significant size difference in land compared to what we currently have at St Andrews 👀

To be honest ... i don't think it does .... i don't think he realises the parameters or the extra parcels of land that we've bought
13:34, Mon 15 Apr
ACCESS

I'll leave the trains/stations debates to those who have a greater knowledge than me.

But when i see people discussing access in general i have to laugh ... below is a section i VERY quickly just mocked up of the side of the site away furthest away from the City Centre

Yellow border is what i call "JAP Car Breakers" ... and i didn't realise until last week that this was all BCC owned and was going to be included in the sale. In actuality it is dozens and dozens of scrap yards. Blues own all that land now

The light blue is Raleigh Road .... have a look down there on Google Street View - i'm not saying anything - but if parts of your car disappear when parked at St Andrews .... well. But Blues own that now.

The green boundaries are Medco House which Blues also own ... which came with 2 entrances (Blues owned)

If look at the pink line down Bordesley Green Road then you can see 2 red marks.

Distance between 2 red marks is best part of 80 yards

If people think access onto that side of the site is going to be a problem when you have 80yds clear frontage already then i don't know how much frontage you actually want. People need to stop their imaginations being confined to existing access points/fencing etc

I may mark up the entire site and purchases and their measures at some point.

Full size is here ... [i.ibb.co]

"Thumbnail"

Linked Image
13:46, Mon 15 Apr
Rags

To be honest ... i don't think it does .... i don't think he realises the parameters or the extra parcels of land that we've bought

Current site superimposed into the new site, no scale change

Linked Image
13:48, Mon 15 Apr
With villa not able to extend their stadium is the rumour true that they are looking to buy St Andrews and use it to house their season ticket waiting list fans for live streams of their games?
13:50, Mon 15 Apr
Thongs
With villa not able to extend their stadium is the rumour true that they are looking to buy St Andrews and use it to house their season ticket waiting list fans for live streams of their games?

They will probably all have switched to the Blues waiting list by then.
13:51, Mon 15 Apr
/shudders