15:04, Sun 14 Apr
Could anybody kindly post an image of the actual land Knighthead have purchased as it is wheels plus more?
16:28, Sun 14 Apr
People need to think this through a little.

No-one spends £2-3 billion without thinking these things through. Access WILL be sorted. Getting people to and from the SPorts Quarter isn't going to be a match-day thing - it's a 365 days / year thing. So just don't even think in terms of existing entrances, accesses, roads, trams etc

For a start

You can add to this by removing Big Johns from the equation too ... that's going. Replanning that area, that creates obvious routes. Train line ... difficult, why not a tram line running alongside the train line ?
16:30, Sun 14 Apr
Train line ... difficult, why not a tram line running alongside the train line ?

It's not going to happen. There isn't the room and the cost would be phenominal.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
16:30, Sun 14 Apr
Could anybody kindly post an image of the actual land Knighthead have purchased as it is wheels plus more?

What they've purchased from BCC plus Medco House ? or what makes up the 60 acres ? ... or what else they also have got their eyes on ?
16:31, Sun 14 Apr
Train line ... difficult, why not a tram line running alongside the train line ?

It's not going to happen. There isn't the room and the cost would be phenominal.

Ta. ... but the point remains .... people are restricting their thoughts to what currently exists
16:33, Sun 14 Apr
Rags

Ta. ... but the point remains .... people are restricting their thoughts to what currently exists

Oh, I agree.

People need to chill out a bit.
16:33, Sun 14 Apr
Does anyone how they might go about creating access to the Birmingham Wheels site?
I think they will deploy part of the claimed £3 billion budget to build things like pavement and roads, tunnels and bridges, and tram and train lines with stops and stations and so on which will dissolve all the worries that some folks might have.

You can add future grants and funding from BCC and WMCA to the figures too
16:53, Sun 14 Apr
Monorail?
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
17:11, Sun 14 Apr
Rags

It’s mind boggling.

It really is like some people think Wagner is planning to simply move a few piles of old tyres, a few dumped mattresses, and plonk a new stadium in the middle of the wasteland.
mad
17:12, Sun 14 Apr
Skytrain like Seattle or Vancouver or wherever they have that

No it has to be Twin Cities inspired as it will after all be our REPLACEMENT Stadium

Oh, then one day
I saw you walkin' down that little one-way
Where the place I'd catch my ride most every day
There wasn't a damn thing I could do or say
Up in the SKYWAY

A skyway would be fitting if it had that distinctive 1970's feel about it (like the old Bull Ring repurposed for accessing the Sports Village) although I would like the font at all halts to be Paris Metro style pretty please
17:15, Sun 14 Apr
Legal_Bluenose
Monorail?

From where?

It'd be very expensive I'd have thought.
17:15, Sun 14 Apr
mad
Skytrain

Linked Image
17:19, Sun 14 Apr
Couldn't we adapt the old mail bag collection method and have existing trains just scoop up passengers as they went past and eject them in the same way ? (soft flooring to comply with current H&S regs)
17:26, Sun 14 Apr
It was a Simpsons reference joke.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.