10:43, Mon 15 Apr
Tandy
(I'd imagine the junction where it meets WCML by Landor Street would be a bigger problem).

That's what I kinda meant, the line neat the WCML will be a no go hence if they we're investigating a new station there it would have to go in the cutting near where St Andrews is now.

Could potentially get away with it on the Garrison Lane bridge with the platforms to the north side but it's logistically very tricky IMO as that's where the points are for the line to split for New St and the line which crosses the WCML. Anything south of Garrison Lane is likely too deep/narrow.

Don’t you realise you’re dealing with Knighthead here? We can do fecking anything
10:50, Mon 15 Apr
They'll be renting out hover pads from behind the HS2 - individual or family size with a pad port at the Sports Quarter. Just behind the 2,000 seater Gladiators amphitheatre and next to the 1,000 seater Maccy D's.
Up the feckin Blues
10:57, Mon 15 Apr
IanT
There is actually room at Adderley Park (there's a disused track bed already in place) but stopping trains there is nigh on impossible because it's just so busy.

Can't see why a new station can't be built off the mainline where the old sidings were then the old Adderley Park phased out & little need for timetable rescheduling, I'm guessing A, B and C will be main access routes into the site from west north and east
Linked Image

Where the old sidings are there is now what is basically a cliff with a great big warehouse on top. Can't imagine National Rail will allow any embankment works either. These Warehouses aren't on the Wheels site either.

Linked Image

And as I and Ian have said, they can't stop more trains here (well, until HS2 is operating at full swing) because the WCML is so full
11:40, Mon 15 Apr
The photo is looking away beyond Adderley Park station (torwards Lea Hall) where the line is in a cutting, the image below shows the segment next to line is owned by Knighthead and is level.
Linked Image
11:47, Mon 15 Apr
Apologies, I misread the old map above.

AFAIK there’s still a steep embankment there but there should be room for a single line/platform. Still doesn’t solve the fact that you can’t have extras stopping there.
12:01, Mon 15 Apr
All of this is on the assumption HS2 happens though right? Once the Midlands Rail Hub or whatever they call it gives more capacity. 2 trains per hour extra coming Leicester/Water Orton/Moor Street, so (assuming they can stop, and it's physically possible in that bit between Landor and Garrison Lane, as you mention) it can be done without touching the WCML. Weren't they already talking about a new station at Castle Vale on that line? Not that long ago since they opened Coleshill Parkway.
12:06, Mon 15 Apr
No worries, the first one was a very old map showing its former rail usage for the brickworks. This one gives more of an indication of the site with (a) being the current station site & (b) being the segment owned by knighthead which could replace the current station & be constructed without to much disruption to the mainline.
Obviously there is no easy answer to it but its clear this a large site with huge potential and will be fascinating to watch its progress over the next decade.
Linked Image
12:10, Mon 15 Apr
That's just an opinion though isn't it? That's not me trying to be antagonistic but something being busy is subjective.

If it's going to have trains stopping on matchdays 23 times a season, it's not going to impact the line Monday to Friday, for example.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:13, Mon 15 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA
That's just an opinion though isn't it? That's not me trying to be antagonistic but something being busy is subjective.

If it's going to have trains stopping on matchdays 23 times a season, it's not going to impact the line Monday to Friday, for example.

It isn't really subjective. It's from people who work on the railway making informed opinions.

It's going to be a 300 day a year venue, not 23 days.

Of course, *anything* can be done if enough money is spent but you're talking several billions to alter the rail infrastructure in that area.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
12:14, Mon 15 Apr
The Devlin Disguise
All of this is on the assumption HS2 happens though right?.

100% its going to happen, its far too late to cancel now, obviously its not going to run north on its scheduled route.
12:15, Mon 15 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA

It isn't really subjective. It's from people who work on the railway making informed opinions.

It's going to be a 300 day a year venue, not 23 days.

Of course, *anything* can be done if enough money is spent but you're talking several billions to alter the rail infrastructure in that area.

So monorails and cable cars it is then. Brilliant!
12:18, Mon 15 Apr
The photo is looking away beyond Adderley Park station (torwards Lea Hall) where the line is in a cutting, the image below shows the segment next to line is owned by Knighthead and is level.
Linked Image

My plan is slightly different to that (and i'm not saying mine is correct).

The bit in greeen that looks like a tap, towards the bottom part of your pic is the very top of Tilton Road, and where it swings left to join Venetia Road. I didn't think Knighthead had bought that.

However i DID think that we'd bought the parcel of land slightly to the right of the top turn on Tilton Road ... ie the grass area between Whitworth Industrial Park (where Eastside Boxing Club is) and LTS Distribution ... ie the parcel of land the goes from Top of Tilton Road over to the right to Century Park
12:23, Mon 15 Apr
No worries, the first one was a very old map showing its former rail usage for the brickworks. This one gives more of an indication of the site with (a) being the current station site & (b) being the segment owned by knighthead which could replace the current station & be constructed without to much disruption to the mainline.
Obviously there is no easy answer to it but its clear this a large site with huge potential and will be fascinating to watch its progress over the next decade.
Linked Image

I'd be shocked if we end up building any thing more than a decent tram connection and an extra platform at Adderley Park (and the latter is still highly unlikely).

You're right though, I really enjoy this stuff and I'm as excited to see how it develops as I am the stadium itself.
12:29, Mon 15 Apr
This first purchase is just the beginning. Now that Wagner has the council in his pocket he will end up developing all the land he can get his hands on. All over vauxhall, duddeston, nechells saltley. Maybe turn star city into a motorsports and crazy golf mish mash.
12:29, Mon 15 Apr
Agreed. I just mean it might be possible once HS2 and Camp Hill etc. happen, whereas people are pointing out why it couldn’t happen now.