17:52, Sat 25 Nov
rubywalsh
Positives we won and buchanan is back.

Negatives are that we are really bad and Burke is woeful I really don’t understand how he makes a living as a professional footballer !

I agree, the win is what's important - hopefully the players and staff can take the much needed confidence boost.

I also have concerns about Burke, mainly when in possession, out of possession he's good at chasing around to win it back. I thought he did do better today with the ball, kept things simple and tried to find a Blue shirt. Juke can't play this system so for now Burke is what we've got.
17:53, Sat 25 Nov
rubywalsh
Positives we won and buchanan is back.

Negatives are that we are really bad and Burke is woeful I really don’t understand how he makes a living as a professional footballer !

Obviously why he's been round so many clubs. Must get sussed out at how poor he is after a few months and moved on. Here's hoping :-)
17:54, Sat 25 Nov
Rooney got his substitutions bang on today. Jordan James is turning into a lovely player.

As ugly a win as we’ll see in a long time, and still not good enough if we want to beat anyone other than the garbage they put out. But it stops the rot and there’s a chance we can build on it.

Simply for the second half response and subs, up the Rooney tonight.
17:55, Sat 25 Nov
They looked like they’d been on holiday for 10 days.

Still a win is a win, monkey off the back, confidence returns, team spirit and belief builds.

Felt like some in the crowd were disappointed in this upturn though.
17:58, Sat 25 Nov
666VAN
bluer than blues
Might have been different had he announced Rooney as part of a long term project giving the manager time to grow.

He's given him a Four year contract. Surely that's long term enough ?

FWIW, listening to the press conferences, I get the impression Rooney has written this season off. He mentioned next summers recruitment a couple of times, so I suspect we're expected to judge him on next season's results, rather than this.

I was talking about the rhetoric around Rooney's appointment but I take your point.
17:59, Sat 25 Nov
3 points on the board, happy days. The football in thw build up to the winner was lovely.
18:45, Sat 25 Nov
Surely playing poorly and still winning is incredibly encouraging? 🤷‍♂️

Thought we played OK for most parts today tbh, not pretty and the final ball was much poorer than usual (even under Rooney) but we were obviously better than them and we didn’t resort to long ball after long ball searching for a lucky knockdown, stuck to the plan and it came good in the end with a decent move.
18:47, Sat 25 Nov
It was laboured and lacking any urgency. At one point Myoshi even placed a loose ball back on its cone instead of taking a quick corner. They love to tidy up don’t they.
18:56, Sat 25 Nov
Amy T
Rooney got his substitutions bang on today. Jordan James is turning into a lovely player.

As ugly a win as we’ll see in a long time, and still not good enough if we want to beat anyone other than the garbage they put out. But it stops the rot and there’s a chance we can build on it.

Simply for the second half response and subs, up the Rooney tonight.

I think the Juke substitution stopped us in our tracks, we were dominating the game for those 20 minutes after HT and his introduction almost immediately meant Sheff W had more possession and settled back in to the game, I’m not a Burke fan but he allows us to press.

JJ took his goal really well, we need to find a way of having him on the pitch more often.
18:57, Sat 25 Nov
We played poorly against one of the worst teams that have ever played in the Championship. They will be lucky to get to 25 points. Sorry I am happy with the 3 points but that was a crap performance.
PRBlue
We played poorly against one of the worst teams that have ever played in the Championship. They will be lucky to get to 25 points. Sorry I am happy with the 3 points but that was a crap performance.

Agree, some people will see this result as encouraging, personally 2 months down the line if today was encouraging, compared to where we were before Rooney arrived, I am still to be convinced. Still feels it's been a backward step to me overall 6 games on. I feel he's had enough time now to show at least some improvement in our playing style and overall performance for 90 minutes and it's still not there for me, to justify his appointment.

I will be happy to be proved wrong at the end of the season though.
I'm cold slightly pissed but happy. Absolutely shit performance, don't try to gloss it up against a truely awful team, but we won.
Is it a turning point? I doubt it as I think we will take a wrong turn at the next junction and end up at the end of a cult de sac where the cat lady lives.....
Anyway onwards upwards and to the juices of big John's stink fist!!
19:09, Sat 25 Nov
This is just as much bollix as the other side of the argument though isn't it. So I hope both antagonistic tribes give it a rest. Points and time are what we need, and a bit more calmness. He's here like it or not. Let's crack on.
I’m chuffed to bits that we won. It’s what we needed and to come back from a goal down was promising, albeit against a Wednesday team that isn’t very good. Like others though I'm still not 100% convinced, as although second half was much better, first half was as poor as I’ve seen us this season. Now, I’m just hoping a scrappy win was what was needed to restart our season.
19:11, Sat 25 Nov
Yeah - ‘sorry but I am happy’ is a bit of a weird way to express an opinion.