16:21, Sat 25 Nov
Onel Hernandez
Elgeneral
Where I think Cook got it wrong with Rooneys appointment was the timing of it. I don't think Eustace would have fared any better over the last 5 games. Cook would have then had the perfect excuse to get rid and bring in Rooney and look good with the fans as decisive. This would have been the perfect game to start off Rooneys management.

All he has done is manage to undo all the good that has built up.

But then we all make the right decision with the benefit of hindsight. But what’s done is done and we just have to get behind Rooney and the team.

no hindsight involved. many saw this coming

So many did. A huge majority said “WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!” and those people have no knowledge of football coaching whatsoever. You don’t need that to foresee what was going to happen. What a schoolboy error from Cook.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
16:22, Sat 25 Nov
eff me I thought Dembele had scored then.

Big improvement so far second half. I still don't trust us defensively.
16:22, Sat 25 Nov
Started this second half much better. Come on Blues
16:23, Sat 25 Nov
Burke looks so unsure on the ball
16:24, Sat 25 Nov
TrickyBlue
Started this second half much better. Come on Blues

That’s the sign of a good manager. Recognises what’s going badly and puts it right at half time…….

(Only joking).
...yeah much better first 15 of this half so far.
16:25, Sat 25 Nov
Lee Buchanan 😍
16:27, Sat 25 Nov
God I can't wait for Rooney to be sacked.
16:31, Sat 25 Nov
That 10 days off helped enormously Wayne.
16:32, Sat 25 Nov
...gosh, our final ball needs to be so much better 😓
Our passing is atrocious. Every pass is either behind the player or is under/overhit. That little break a couple of minutes ago - Dembele plays a bad simple pass to Miyoshi and the momentum is gone. He tries to create something out of nothing and the ball goes out.
16:36, Sat 25 Nov
Hank Marvin
Onel Hernandez
Elgeneral
Where I think Cook got it wrong with Rooneys appointment was the timing of it. I don't think Eustace would have fared any better over the last 5 games. Cook would have then had the perfect excuse to get rid and bring in Rooney and look good with the fans as decisive. This would have been the perfect game to start off Rooneys management.

All he has done is manage to undo all the good that has built up.

But then we all make the right decision with the benefit of hindsight. But what’s done is done and we just have to get behind Rooney and the team.

no hindsight involved. many saw this coming

So many did. A huge majority said “WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!” and those people have no knowledge of football coaching whatsoever. You don’t need that to foresee what was going to happen. What a schoolboy error from Cook.

Not simply a matter of poor timing but poor choice of replacement. Certainly considering the phrasing of it, which lead many to believe we were going to be attacking the league. Might have been different had he announced Rooney as part of a long term project giving the manager time to grow.
16:39, Sat 25 Nov
Normal service resumed, all Wednesday and we can’t get the ball forward.
16:40, Sat 25 Nov
Wednesday looking the more likley again now. This is going to be a very nervous final 20. Desperate for us to win this.
16:40, Sat 25 Nov
bluer than blues
Might have been different had he announced Rooney as part of a long term project giving the manager time to grow.

He's given him a Four year contract. Surely that's long term enough ?

FWIW, listening to the press conferences, I get the impression Rooney has written this season off. He mentioned next summers recruitment a couple of times, so I suspect we're expected to judge him on next season's results, rather than this.