08:41, Thu 28 Dec
Lets face it. There has been a minority of fans absolutely obsessed with hating Rooney from the off. They sense that the pendulum of getting rid of him is swinging their way so they invent caustic rumours. That allows their followers to reply with memes of Cook dressed as a clown or Rooney in various childish cartoons.

These stories then become fact on social media. Add clickbait and content hungry media like Birmingham Live and Talksport who love some secondary sources it gathers momentum.

What so called Blues fans think any of this achieves beyond the new owners thinking we are a bunch of cretins I don’t know?!
08:47, Thu 28 Dec
If we are going off rumours he allegedly is renting a house on St Bernard’s Road in Olton. Seems a bit of a waste if you’re only going in one day a week so both rumours can’t be true
Inspector Montalbano
I give this some credence as I have heard from a first team player that Rooney is not at training in the week only appearing the day before a game. If 15 players do want to leave then that will allow Wazzball players to come in which has to be a good thing as the squad is a shambles at the present time.

You think we'd be able to get in 15 players of the standard required? wow.
Up the feckin Blues
08:49, Thu 28 Dec
GBBlue
Lets face it. There has been a minority of fans absolutely obsessed with hating Rooney from the off. They sense that the pendulum of getting rid of him is swinging their way so they invent caustic rumours. That allows their followers to reply with memes of Cook dressed as a clown or Rooney in various childish cartoons.

These stories then become fact on social media. Add clickbait and content hungry media like Birmingham Live and Talksport who love some secondary sources it gathers momentum.

What so called Blues fans think any of this achieves beyond the new owners thinking we are a bunch of cretins I don’t know?!

It's so clearly bollocks it's laughable. People will believe what suits them though, whilst others just want a few minutes of FB ITK fame.
Up the feckin Blues
08:53, Thu 28 Dec
As you say it's clearly bollicks. But even if it were true, why share it? What good would this information being public do?

We have some very, very odd fans.
08:59, Thu 28 Dec
He's renting a flat, not a house.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:04, Thu 28 Dec
bluearmyfaction
WR Blue
El Mayor
So outright bullshit is fine?

I think you're taking social media too seriously 😉
I think the problem is the world isn't taking it seriously enough - the amount of misinformation out there is literally murderous. MMR jabs, 2nd Amendment rights...

I get your point and don't diagree to an extent (my reply above was a running joke). We've gone through an information revolution which has massive upsides and massive downsides. We're also going through another mini revolution with AI which also has upsides and downsides. In my opinion, the key to dealing with this is to understand that we all need to install a BS filter inside our heads and then we can happily benefit from the easy fingertip access to information. We also need to understand that it's perfectly fine to reject most of what we come across - kind of 80/20 rule level (reject 80%).

The key to tuning the BS filter is to try to study as much critical thinking as possible because this is the part of education that 'for some reason' is not incuded in the 'national curriculum' but is available to anyone who cares to look for it and find it. The computer (an information processing system) is based upon how the human mind works and the BS filter is the equivalent of a computer firewall - if the information source is untrustworthy then don't let the information past the wall. We're not getting rid of the internet now, that genie is out of the bottle, therefore we have to learn how to deal with it and teach the young how to deal with it and how to be ahead of the pack by utilising it.
Bluesince62
Inspector Montalbano
I give this some credence as I have heard from a first team player that Rooney is not at training in the week only appearing the day before a game. If 15 players do want to leave then that will allow Wazzball players to come in which has to be a good thing as the squad is a shambles at the present time.

You think we'd be able to get in 15 players of the standard required? wow.

The daft thing is most of our players are adequate for this league as it is. The idea that, save for a handful, these players aren't good enough for the league we are in is a joke tbh.
Inspector Montalbano

I don't disbelief this as heard before he was even at Blues that Rooney would speak to the media at Derby and do match days but the organisation, training ground work etc was all Rosenior.
09:33, Thu 28 Dec
Shaun of Brum
Inspector Montalbano

I don't disbelief this as heard before he was even at Blues that Rooney would speak to the media at Derby and do match days but the organisation, training ground work etc was all Rosenior.

So two rumours therefore make it a fact?
09:42, Thu 28 Dec
It’s well known that Rooney leaves most of the coaching to his coaching staff. Dunno if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. It’s not a surprising thing.

I doubt he’s down the local massage parlour, he will be overseeing.

On the other hand I have read somewhere that he is more involved with our training.

Let’s start that fecking rumour.
09:42, Thu 28 Dec
No chance is he not at training during the week lol
Tha Project OBE
It’s well known that Rooney leaves most of the coaching to his coaching staff. Dunno if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. It’s not a surprising thing.

I doubt he’s down the local massage parlour, he will be overseeing.

On the other hand I have read somewhere that he is more involved with our training.

Let’s start that fecking rumour.

You'd like to think that an excellent Ex player like Rooney would like to get his boots on and be involved
directly with the players day to day. What better way to show the players how to play by doing it yourself.
It would help his fitness too

Mind you Glenn Hoddle did it at Swindon and he was the best player at training! :)
09:58, Thu 28 Dec
El Mayor
Hank Marvin
On Twitter.

Obviously, to be taken with a pinch of salt but, there are one or two things mentioned here that were also mentioned when WR was at Derby…. Probably complete bowlocks.

[x.com]

Mate it’s horse shit.

For example

Rooney didn’t watch us before taking charge cos he was in charge of DC United

Kevin Long has been injured, but is back in training and is potentially available on Friday (as is Drameh).

This has been written by someone on insta searching for some easy social media clout. Simply by sharing it you’re making it worse.

Yes, the football is shit right now and Rooney should be worrying about his continued employment; however sharing crap like this helps no one.

If Drameh and Long are available they need to both go back in.

Sanderson struggling left sided centre back where Long did well and Drameh several levels above Aiwu at full back.
09:58, Thu 28 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Hank Marvin
On Twitter.

Obviously, to be taken with a pinch of salt but, there are one or two things mentioned here that were also mentioned when WR was at Derby…. Probably complete bowlocks.

[x.com]

Tut tut. Didn’t you get the message from the Open House? The CEO has sent his disciples out into the community to spread ONLY good news about how amazing everything is. This sort of thing will not be tolerated

🙄 what a child,