15:16, Tue 2 Jan
Well for one, the day after the Stoke game the players were told not to come into training, ostensibly due to a virus going around.

Now, it may well have been a virus but to a cynic like me it also felt like a good time to have proper crisis talks with Rooney. Bearing in mind the tone of the rest of the post, I would have thought that person would have thought similar.
15:27, Tue 2 Jan
Wasn't the CEO absent from the game the previous night due to a 'vurus'?
15:31, Tue 2 Jan
Tarquin

Apparently, but did everyone believe that?

It kinda reinforces my point; often there are innocent or simple explanations but that post seemed to take what probably were bits of truth and make them sound as bad as possible.

If that’s the case, and you know everything that’s going on then you’re gonna think something is up if the TG is shut after a shit defeat.
STD
15:32, Tue 2 Jan
Surprised people having been going on about the alleged issues with Rooney and his other business

I wish him well, sadly just not for us at this time
Moist
15:45, Tue 2 Jan
El Mayor
Tarquin

Apparently, but did everyone believe that?

It kinda reinforces my point; often there are innocent or simple explanations but that post seemed to take what probably were bits of truth and make them sound as bad as possible.

If that’s the case, and you know everything that’s going on then you’re gonna think something is up if the TG is shut after a shit defeat.

Yeah, fair points. An unholy mess.
16:09, Tue 2 Jan
If you take each point and word them just slightly differently then there is more than a grain of truth in each of them. Sometimes the devils in the detail.However some of them are now irrelevant due to todays events. But had todays events not occured it would have been fascinating to see January unfold and whether they proved correct.

Will be v v interesting to see if K Long conveniently (and yes I know some will claim he has reached full fitness (its all a coincidence)) appears alongside Sanderson in the starting line up at Hull however.
16:13, Tue 2 Jan
He's been on the bench for the last 2 games.
16:20, Tue 2 Jan
Yes but thats been out of 'need' due to M Roberts being unfit. Do I think WR was ever going to use him (and lets face it there was plenty of opportunity to use him at Leeds alone ) ? No . It was simply to fill seats as there was no other central defender on the books.
16:23, Tue 2 Jan
Green Seamer
Yes but thats been out of 'need' due to M Roberts being unfit. Do I think WR was ever going to use him (and lets face it there was plenty of opportunity to use him at Leeds alone ) ? No . It was simply to fill seats as there was no other central defender on the books.

Sorry but no.

Tommy Fogarty (who has squad number 46) was available and training with the first team, and could have travelled to Leeds but didn’t. If the beef was that big with Long, I’m sure Rooney would have took him.
18:52, Tue 2 Jan
Personally I wouldnt take a young central defensive player to Leeds Utd with the intention to play him (either from the start or off the bench) with a front line of Bamford Summerville Rutter and James.

Just think there are more appropriate games to blood a youngster such as Stoke or Plymouth and he (Fogarty) wasnt on the bench for those either (when Oakley was for instance) which tells me he isnt quite ready in the former managers view. Eitherway when the clock strikes 2pm on 6th Jan we will know more re Long.
14:07, Sat 6 Jan
Green Seamer
Personally I wouldnt take a young central defensive player to Leeds Utd with the intention to play him (either from the start or off the bench) with a front line of Bamford Summerville Rutter and James.

Just think there are more appropriate games to blood a youngster such as Stoke or Plymouth and he (Fogarty) wasnt on the bench for those either (when Oakley was for instance) which tells me he isnt quite ready in the former managers view. Eitherway when the clock strikes 2pm on 6th Jan we will know more re Long.

And there we have the return of the injured Long !
14:08, Sat 6 Jan
Green Seamer
If you take each point and word them just slightly differently then there is more than a grain of truth in each of them. Sometimes the devils in the detail.However some of them are now irrelevant due to todays events. But had todays events not occured it would have been fascinating to see January unfold and whether they proved correct.

Will be v v interesting to see if K Long conveniently (and yes I know some will claim he has reached full fitness (its all a coincidence)) appears alongside Sanderson in the starting line up at Hull however.

And there he is … K LONG
14:10, Sat 6 Jan
Green Seamer
Green Seamer

The injured Long who has been on the bench the last two games?

Hogan was the real bomb squad person. Maybe Gary Gardner
14:29, Sat 6 Jan
El Mayor
Green Seamer
Green Seamer

The injured Long who has been on the bench the last two games?

Hogan was the real bomb squad person. Maybe Gary Gardner

The very same K Long that should have come on at half time at Leeds to shore up a leaky defence was left sat there for a further 45 minutes whilst we were given the run around but he was “fit” - not having it and nor are many others. He just didn’t see eye to eye with the manager.

Think you’ll find he found himself in the same Bomb squad as Hogan for quite while before Hogan was in it. He says it as it is and perhaps our former manager didn’t see things the way Long did. And let’s face it that was the start of the end of our once steady defence and WRs demise - all successful teams are built from the back and we ruined ours !

Anyway let’s hope that we see him back and firing as he was and with renewed confidence that will spread to the once steady Sanderson - we need it
14:33, Sat 6 Jan
So our defensive woes have been Long’s fault for being selfish instead of putting the team first? Nice.