KES
21:29, Thu 28 Dec
Kings heath blue
Inspector Montalbano
I give this some credence as I have heard from a first team player that Rooney is not at training in the week only appearing the day before a game.
Yep my cousin who is pally with a first team staff member was told exactly the same

Clown show
21:29, Thu 28 Dec
He also has a tendency to make his own travel arrangements from away games - doesn’t always travel on the team coach.

Surely the manager should travel as part of the team?
21:33, Thu 28 Dec
Can’t wait for the article in The Athletic…what went wrong at Wayne Rooneys Birmingham, complete with quotes from anonymous sources
21:38, Thu 28 Dec
Spot on - this breeds an i am better than you attitude which the players won't buy into and only ends one way. Said before when i saw him turn up at Plymouth not on the coach and then surrounded by 4 minders to walk through the same area the players had just strolled through, made me decide he hasn't the right managerial attitude. The fact that he is neing allowed to get away with it is also concerning.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
21:41, Thu 28 Dec
That doesn’t sound good. Was it a one off or is It every game?
21:41, Thu 28 Dec
turley

I think they should. If I was the person interviewing/drawing up the contract for the manager these kind of things would be in there as mandatory, except in special circumstances. It would be raised in the interview that the manager would need to be seen as an integral and important part of the team by the players as much as is possible, that would be the type of manager required. Just as the players ideally need to feel somewhat 'part of the club' as if it is a second family, so does the manager.

It seems that the club may have messed up more than just what we knew about previously.
21:44, Thu 28 Dec
WR Blue
It seems that more and more people are supporting this rumour. If this is true, then a lot of things make sense regaridng the poor performances. Surely a decent manager should be visibly present at training at least for a period of time in the day and also in the general vicinity (even if working out of sight) on most of the days that the players are also present? How can you lead others in this type of situation from a distance? Surely as a new manager you need to build some sort of familiarity with the players in order to be able to influence them?

More and more people are idiots then cos that ain’t true.
21:46, Thu 28 Dec
turley
He also has a tendency to make his own travel arrangements from away games - doesn’t always travel on the team coach.

I am not sure why. Wayne I believe lives in Cheshire. Surely it makes more sense for to make his own way home. He should be at training on Monday morning and all week but what difference would it make for him to be on the team bus on the way home. I believe after the players having given 100% on the training ground all week and then 100% in games then then the journey home should be a relaxing time.
21:47, Thu 28 Dec
Robert Hopkins
Spot on - this breeds an i am better than you attitude which the players won't buy into and only ends one way. Said before when i saw him turn up at Plymouth not on the coach and then surrounded by 4 minders to walk through the same area the players had just strolled through, made me decide he hasn't the right managerial attitude. The fact that he is neing allowed to get away with it is also concerning.

On top of this you've got stuff like yesterday's Daily Mail article, where they've made an article out of Coleen's bragging on social media that their lads got a boxing ring for christmas, constructed inside the gym they've got inside their 'mansion'. Then there's a picture of Wayne playing golf in the background in the living room on one of those golf simulators where you whack the ball at a screen. I think it's all a bit unnecessarily cheesy and show-offy and I doubt that it endears the players to him in these circumstances.
21:48, Thu 28 Dec
not on the coach on the way hone is fine, some players don't do it to go hom either. But they stay over at a hotel the night before so if he isn't on the coach going why ?
21:50, Thu 28 Dec
Tha Project OBE
That doesn’t sound good. Was it a one off or is It every game?

don't know, not normally at the grounds early enough to see team arrive but was for this one.
how do you know its not true?
WR Blue
Robert Hopkins

On top of this you've got stuff like yesterday's Daily Mail article, where they've made an article out of Coleen's bragging on social media that their lads got a boxing ring for christmas, constructed inside the gym they've got inside their 'mansion'. Then there's a picture of Wayne playing golf in the background in the living room on one of those golf simulators where you whack the ball at a screen. I think it's all a bit unnecessarily cheesy and show-offy and I doubt that it endears the players to him in these circumstances.

Just to wind a few more people up then - Craig Gardner had one of these at his old house, not sure about his new one.
21:51, Thu 28 Dec
Bobharford
how do you know its not true?

Cos I have "very reliable sources" ;)

Thing is, a lot of people want to believe its true cos they don't like or rate Rooney so they want to believe stuff that makes him look bad - basically confirmation bias.
21:55, Thu 28 Dec
Madeira Blue
I am not sure why. Wayne I believe lives in Cheshire. Surely it makes more sense for to make his own way home. He should be at training on Monday morning and all week but what difference would it make for him to be on the team bus on the way home. I believe after the players having given 100% on the training ground all week and then 100% in games then then the journey home should be a relaxing time.

The players might live all over the place but I believe the team coach takes them to a single location (the car park?) where they all make their way home from, I don't think the coach drops them off at each of their houses. I presume that the players would appreciate the gaffer joining in with that ritual, as long as he wasn't a nightmare to be around? We're told that the difference between winning or losing can often come down to small margins and attention to detail regarding the small things. Surely the manager spending as much time as possible bonding with the players and being able to influence them (especially just before a game) is more than a small thing and also a perfect opportunity for the manager to do his best work? It breeds a culture of togetherness - 'we're in this together, we win together, lose together, take the coach together'. Precisely what the team seems to be lacking right now.