18:59, Sun 10 Oct
not sure whether it's been posted but this is the stool fury sat on between rounds

[twitter.com]
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
I’d strongly advise watching the last round of the fight again and looking just at Fury’s feet. For a 19 stone guy his footwork is incredible. He’s got to up there with the best 5 or 10 boxers in history for footwork.
Yeah as you say for a 19st guy he moves so well.

One thing I noticed he did quite a lot was in clinch get his arm over Wilder’s neck and bend resting his whole weight on his back and stretch Wilders hamstrings as he tries to support…… majorly energy sapping
07:48, Mon 11 Oct
Back in the day, boxers used to have wrestlers in their entourage, to train them for that sort of thing. Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey for instance.
Yep. It’s crucial to him. The way he moves gives him access to angles no other boxer in the division bar uysk can get.

He’s phenomenal

An absolute inspiration to many
11:09, Tue 12 Oct
Without knocking AJ…fury and usyk demonstrate the art of boxing and importance of foot/head movement. When you watch AJ he boxes in straight lines.

For the size of him, fury’s speed, movement and stamina is outrageous, whether you like him as a person or not is irrelevant, the attributes he has makes him the greatest of this current crop…by a country mile
12:42, Tue 12 Oct
Super Hans
Wilder is probably the most wasted talent in boxing history, or at least that I can think of.

Devastating one punch power that rivals even the hardest of historical punchers but his technique is awful. If he was well coached and not given easy fights for the large percentage of his career he could’ve been one of the greatest ever.
I don’t think you can coach that type of technique unless there is a certain amount of natural ability there of which there isn’t with Wilder.

Yes he’s got the power but not much else technically.
14:59, Tue 12 Oct
ben sotv
Without knocking AJ…fury and usyk demonstrate the art of boxing and importance of foot/head movement. When you watch AJ he boxes in straight lines.

For the size of him, fury’s speed, movement and stamina is outrageous, whether you like him as a person or not is irrelevant, the attributes he has makes him the greatest of this current crop…by a country mile

AJ boxes in straight lines and his cardio is incredibly poor too. Fury looks out of shape but his fitness is actually terrific. I can’t really figure out how.
ben sotv

AJ boxes in straight lines and his cardio is incredibly poor too. Fury looks out of shape but his fitness is actually terrific. I can’t really figure out how.

Does AJ suffer in the way that Bruno did? almost too perfect a physique , all that muscle burning oxygen and leading to gassing too quick?
09:18, Wed 13 Oct
The other thing that puts Fury above AJ and pretty much anyone else now is the mental side where Fury doesn't believe anyone can beat him. Not in an arrogant or over-confident way, but he just seems to have total belief that no matter what happens, he'll win. Look at the way he comes back from two knockdowns - almost like they didn't happen.

Whereas AJ doesn't have that in him - you could see against Usyk that he didn't want to get up close as he fears getting knocked over. In the rematch he has to throw some caution to the wind or it'll be the same result.

Fury/Usyk would be interesting as I don't think Fury would bother with any mind games or showboating as Usyk would just let it wash over him. He's a machine. Fury wins though, I wish Usyk was a bit bigger as he's every bit as good a boxer as Fury but he hasn't got the power to put him away. It'd have to be by boxing alone and Fury is fine with that.
13:40, Wed 13 Oct
horrid man.nearly every boxer is
13:40, Wed 13 Oct
Hip Op Crissy
horrid man.nearly every boxer is

know a lot personally do you?
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:43, Wed 13 Oct
seen enough yeah.
14:34, Wed 13 Oct
so you dont know any personally?
15:13, Wed 13 Oct
I’ve known a few over the years, great blokes most of em, can’t necessarily say the same of the people that surround them