14:29, Sun 19 Nov
For me the two issues are separate anyway; as I see the Rooney thing as a Garry Cook decision, and he’s not Knighthead.

Personally couldn’t be happier with the owners, but the jury is out on Cook and Rooney (who are not the owners), time will tell and they deserve time, it’s also fine to say if you have reservations or haven’t seen progress on that front.
Happy Clapper
14:32, Sun 19 Nov
Yes that’s an important distinction, and I agree on both points 👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:53, Sun 19 Nov
Iain_Gavin
newblue
Super Hans
See this is exactly my point. Posters offer valid criticism of the current owners and the responses almost always contains ‘but what about how it was under TTA!’

Which is a pretty valid if not totally comprehensive response. People should try and remember what it was like.

People can write any criticism that they want on here, in fact I’d say the criticisms are louder than the praise in respect to some things. It doesn’t make some criticism ‘right’, I would say it most certainly isn’t in terms of the capability of the new owners in respect to the poster you feel the need to defend. That plus as people constantly say (which is ignored) a lot of people think it’s far too early to arrive at definitive opinions.

Add in a dose of repetitive posting that is tedious (also shared by dear old ‘Bob’) and frankly it’s no wonder people respond in a ticked-off way.

I’m sorry I trigger you so much. Feel free to make use of the ignore facility xx

I’d not seen the stats the thread starter had shared so felt they were interesting

I don’t follow posters around moaning every time they post, but you do you

‘Trigger’ 😂. You flatter yourself you do you.
14:56, Sun 19 Nov
For me the two issues are separate anyway; as I see the Rooney thing as a Garry Cook decision, and he’s not Knighthead.

Personally couldn’t be happier with the owners, but the jury is out on Cook and Rooney (who are not the owners), time will tell and they deserve time, it’s also fine to say if you have reservations or haven’t seen progress on that front.

Agree - couldn't be happier with the owners.... but they have made 2 poor footballing decisions in my opinion

1.. the timing of the Eustace sacking .... (not Rooney's fault and they could have helped Rooney out on this)

2.. the appointment of Rooney (jury is still out on this, but i've seen absolutely nothing in terms of communication, team spirit, tactics, style, plan or results to change my opinion that, given equal resources, Eustace is a better manager than Rooney)

Good job that i resorted to faith
16:34, Sun 19 Nov
We can only have a grown up conversation when people stop using pejoratives, hyperbole and half-truths when putting their point across.

For example-
Saying the back room staff “aren’t very good” after 5 games, many of which they had limited input into due to them being so poor at their jobs that they’re trusted to coach in the national set up.
Calling the new owners “idiotic” and ignorant about the club/players and calling them out as poor business men who are relying on “blind ambition without a concrete, well-thought out plan”.

If you want a grown up conversation then converse like a grown up. Use facts. Stick to what’s known instead of what might/could happen.

"Stick to what’s known" ... yes - we were 6th when we sacked Eustace - fact

Yes, that’s a fact. There’s no valid point to it but it’s a fact. It’s also a fact that the season doesn’t finish after 11 games so 6th in the table at that point is nothing more than recent history. There are many other things in our recent history that can be pointed out, like our league position under Eustace at the end of each of his seasons in charge. None of them were as high as 6th. Fact.

Your turn…
Tam
16:59, Sun 19 Nov
QBBC2
We can only have a grown up conversation when people stop using pejoratives, hyperbole and half-truths when putting their point across.

For example-
Saying the back room staff “aren’t very good” after 5 games, many of which they had limited input into due to them being so poor at their jobs that they’re trusted to coach in the national set up.
Calling the new owners “idiotic” and ignorant about the club/players and calling them out as poor business men who are relying on “blind ambition without a concrete, well-thought out plan”.

If you want a grown up conversation then converse like a grown up. Use facts. Stick to what’s known instead of what might/could happen.

Yes, that’s a fact. There’s no valid point to it but it’s a fact. It’s also a fact that the season doesn’t finish after 11 games so 6th in the table at that point is nothing more than recent history. There are many other things in our recent history that can be pointed out, like our league position under Eustace at the end of each of his seasons in charge. None of them were as high as 6th. Fact.

Your turn…

Yes, good point about the grown up conversation. Usually, the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. Facts are great, but they still do what we want them to do at times. As far as '6th' is concerned, yeah, it's only part way through the season, and for reference could use last season's implosion post-World Cup. In fairness, on the other hand, this was the first season that he'd had to work with this squad, and signs were promising overall - and this is subjective, because they were promising to me and I can't vouch for anybody else's view.

I enjoyed watching some of this season's football under Eustace, although others have seen more games and will have a different view, and I do remember saying that 'this was a big week' for him prior to the Huddersfield and Albion games, so we weren't taking the league by storm, obviously, but were doing quite well in my mind, at least. We shouldn't rewrite history, of course, but I would sum up my view FWIW as being pleased at apparent progression, and enjoying what looked like a period of stability on the pitch and between players, fans, Eustace and owners. I think that's what disappointed me, really - that it was ripped up so soon.

And, of course, the successor is always key - in this instance, not one that excited me at all, but what can you do apart from support the club, the team and the manager? It could be (shock horror!) that some of us don't know what we're talking about and it will prove to be an astute appointment - I sincerely hope that it is.
Make Blues Great Again
17:05, Sun 19 Nov
Le Mod

It’s a good point you make and it’s one I think some people have struggled with in the past; the differentiation between an employee of the club and the people who own it. See Dong, Panos and Pannu for a start.

As much as I agree that it’s alarming that there isn’t an obvious style emerging from the football, I do think it’s important to remember it’s still only five games. I doubt very much Rooney would get sacked this side of Christmas; maybe if we’re bottom three or close to that come February that will change.

I think it’s also important to remember that promotion was never the aim this year; a top 12 finish is what the aim is with a view to building for a tilt next year at it.
17:13, Sun 19 Nov

For example-

Your turn…

We have 1 point from a possible 15 since appointing Rooney - that's a fact
17:14, Sun 19 Nov

For example-

Your turn…

We have 1 point from a possible 15 since appointing Rooney - that's a fact

Before the Hudds and Albion game Eustace had 2 points from 5 games with a much easier set of fixtures than Rooney has had.

Fact.
Tam
17:17, Sun 19 Nov
This is going well.
Make Blues Great Again
18:28, Sun 19 Nov
Tam
Tam
This is going well.

It's why I've only been 'dipping in' recently.

Between the WUMs and the genuine but hyperbolists, it's hard work.
Up the feckin Blues
18:31, Sun 19 Nov
Iain_Gavin
newblue
Super Hans
See this is exactly my point. Posters offer valid criticism of the current owners and the responses almost always contains ‘but what about how it was under TTA!’

Which is a pretty valid if not totally comprehensive response. People should try and remember what it was like.

People can write any criticism that they want on here, in fact I’d say the criticisms are louder than the praise in respect to some things. It doesn’t make some criticism ‘right’, I would say it most certainly isn’t in terms of the capability of the new owners in respect to the poster you feel the need to defend. That plus as people constantly say (which is ignored) a lot of people think it’s far too early to arrive at definitive opinions.

Add in a dose of repetitive posting that is tedious (also shared by dear old ‘Bob’) and frankly it’s no wonder people respond in a ticked-off way.

I’m sorry I trigger you so much. Feel free to make use of the ignore facility xx

I’d not seen the stats the thread starter had shared so felt they were interesting

I don’t follow posters around moaning every time they post, but you do you

Oooh - you on to name one of these 'plenty of' posters who would be happy to see us relegated?
Up the feckin Blues
18:35, Sun 19 Nov
True, but 2 of our next 3 games are against the whipping boys of the division, so we'll see where we are after that.
09:35, Tue 21 Nov
Just wondering if any of the prolific posters have jobs, or work night shifts and don’t need sleep. If so, chapeau. Your efficiency and physical resilience are admirable.
10:45, Tue 21 Nov
Wyndcliff
Just wondering if any of the prolific posters have jobs, or work night shifts and don’t need sleep. If so, chapeau. Your efficiency and physical resilience are admirable.

old bastards with nothing better to do I reckon