19:35, Sat 9 Dec
Typhoontechie
Feck off, you weird prick 😉

Just for clarity, this is an ironic, tongue in cheek reply in support of bluesince62 as he came under completely uncalled for criticism
Typhoontechie
Typhoontechie
Feck off, you weird prick 😉

Just for clarity, this is an ironic, tongue in cheek reply in support of bluesince62 as he came under completely uncalled for criticism

I'd have preferred constructive booing tbh, but appreciated all the same.
Up the feckin Blues
08:46, Sun 10 Dec
Just listened to last weeks Gary Lineker podcast. He and Micah Richards talking about player power at Man United, commenting that the players looked like they had downed tools against Newcastle recently

Lineker said his criticism of Ten Hag is that he has repeatedly being critical of his players openly and publicly, and that was the one thing players always found unacceptable - and whilst you could take any kind of bollocking in a dressing room, the minute a manager puts you down publicly, that’s a no-no.

Not debating the rights and wrongs of Rooney’s approach, but definite parallels between the two IMO, and interesting to hear this attitude from an ex pro like Lineker
08:52, Sun 10 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Just listened to last weeks Gary Lineker podcast. He and Micah Richards talking about player power at Man United, commenting that the players looked like they had downed tools against Newcastle recently

Lineker said his criticism of Ten Hag is that he has repeatedly being critical of his players openly and publicly, and that was the one thing players always found unacceptable - and whilst you could take any kind of bollocking in a dressing room, the minute a manager puts you down publicly, that’s a no-no.

Not debating the rights and wrongs of Rooney’s approach, but definite parallels between the two IMO, and interesting to hear this attitude from an ex pro like Lineker

Can definitely see that being the case, tbf.
Up the feckin Blues
08:53, Sun 10 Dec
I’ve always felt managers can get away with calling performances out a couple of times a season max. After that though they’re going to lose respect plus more importantly tell everyone that they can’t manage them well enough to do what the manager is paid to do, and that’s get the players playing well enough to maximise points.
It’s pretty much always been that way
Tony Fantastico
Bluesince62
Iain_Gavin

It's pretty much the first lesson they give you in manager school.

Criticise privately praise publicly
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:16, Sun 10 Dec

I mean, it's so blindingly obvious.

To play at their best players need to feel good mentally, and relaxed and confident.

To be adventurous you need them to have the confidence to take (calculated) risks and try things

If they are in constant fear of being criticised and publicly being accused of being crap and cowards then they will just try and play the safe option and not make themselves available for the ball

It's part of the basics of football management.

... and that's why i couldn't understand the fools on here backing Rooney when he was telling them publicly "to grow a pair" and not being capable ... "oh yeah, you lay into them Wayno" "give 'em what for Wayno" "we love you Wayno" ... idiots, they claim they are "supporting the club" by supporting their hero but they are actually contributing to the damage he is doing.

Managers who lay into players publicly (and i don't mean just criticising) are ignorant bullies.
10:34, Sun 10 Dec
Tell Pocchetino the great big hairy arsed Argie bully.
10:40, Sun 10 Dec
I’ve just seen on Twitter an interesting post. Someone reckons they parked next to Lee Buchanans Dad on Friday. He told them that around 50% of the dressing room are against the WR revolution.

Take that with a pinch of salt if you like, just something I read
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
Bluesince62
Iain_Gavin

It's pretty much the first lesson they give you in manager school.

Criticise privately praise publicly

They tell you a lot of things that in manager school, such as being ahead of the game with problem employees, don't let poisonous individuals control the situation, impose yourself fairly, but early, before an issue becomes a crisis. It's not easy, a skill to be honed and developed over time. Wayne still has his L Plates on.

I'm not sure an MBA in business studies applies too much with elite athletes. Should Bielik be subject to monthly performance reviews, with the PFA present before being dropped? Maybe, maybe not. Fecked if I know.
10:59, Sun 10 Dec
Tha Project OBE
[being ahead of the game with problem employees

Let's hope the owners are on board with this, and replace him ASAP.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:14, Sun 10 Dec
theAtlas
Saw it with Gerrard at Villa and now with Ten Hag at Man Utd. Manager upsets a few with poor man management and players don’t like it.

Players can make a manager/coach look very bad if they choose to, especially if the manager/coach is already doing a good job of being bad anyway!

Yep all of the above. I watched Man U v Bournemouth and was surprised how much the chances Utd concede were similar to the ones we do. Players bombing on get caught out and huge spaces for the opposition to run at your centre halves.Combine that with a lack of effort by players to get back and we all know what happens
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
11:19, Sun 10 Dec
Rags)

... and that's why i couldn't understand the fools on here backing Rooney when he was telling them publicly "to grow a pair" and not being capable ... "oh yeah, you lay into them Wayno" "give 'em what for Wayno" "we love you Wayno" ... idiots, they claim they are "supporting the club" by supporting their hero but they are actually contributing to the damage he is doing.

Managers who lay into players publicly (and i don't mean just criticising) are ignorant bullies. [/quote
As a fan who does openly and quite vocally back Rooney, I accept that some who have a different view might describe me as being called ‘an idiot’. It’s just an opinion that means little to me.

Claiming that I am ‘contributing to the damage being done’ is somewhat naive. Whether I back Rooney or not, makes very little difference, if any at all, to the fact that he’s here until the owners say he’s not.

It seems that you are therefore also accusing the owners of being culpable? I would sincerely suggest you think long and hard about the damage that sort of comment could have on the long term future of our club.
11:26, Sun 10 Dec
Rags
ben sotv
The fans are divided, and that won’t be bud anytime soon. One thing I think most will agree on is JE should’ve been given the season to gives us stability and a platform to build on. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

To be honest, it didn't require hindsight. Just take a look at this thread from the day Eust.ace was sacked, when Rooney was still just a rumour -

[www.smallheathalliance.com]

It's a long thread and I don't know if the link goes straight to what I'm referring to. But on page 17 (for example) there are a few people pointing out what was obvious to some and then you have the usual suspects who have been 'attacking the person', causing division and creating toxicity ever since towards anyone who dares to point out that the sacking itself along with the choice of replacement were terrible, terrible ideas which will take a long time for the club to recover from.

I don't know why you didn't link to the start of that thread - 'cos it's very revealing

[www.smallheathalliance.com]

THere are at least 2 posters now accusing the players of "all being crap" who posted back then that we had the most talented squad for years

Name names Rags ...
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
12:10, Sun 10 Dec
All I’ll say in regards to this is I remember bowyer doing it repeatedly, and that ended with a 6-1 humiliating defeat, with bowyer sulking in the dugout at half time.