11:28, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
Players who aren't giving it their best shot while they're wearing our shirt are an effin disgrace.
There may just be an element of 'Rooney v Senior players' encouraging a defiant stance from our manager.
Player power is poisonous and unfortunately our younger players see it and suffer as a result.
All this bollocks about " Rooney is throwing him under a bus " is garbage.
Anyone who can't see what's happening needs to watch that match over and over again with these thoughts in their mind ....... " Did player A fully commit to that challenge ? " ... " Did player B help out his team mate by finding a bit of space and demanding the ball ".... " Did he track back with real intent and energy "

If I was managing some of that shower last night I'd be letting 'em have it with both barrels.

Blame formations, systems, tactics all you like but the crux is the lack of application and determination from some players.
Controlling that poison ain't easy but those with it in them need outing.
Time to prove to supporters that they've got pride in their day job.
I won't hold my breath !

Spot on.
11:29, Sat 9 Dec
Rasputin
The didn't seem to be acting like this under the previous management.

That's a fair point as well.
Somethings wrong that's for sure and I expect the owners to act on it before we are dragged into the bottom 3.
Thing is, have they backed themselves into a corner with the long contracts for Rooney and co? how can we sack them and then have money available to give 'yet another' new manager? I still back Rooney because he's our manager, but he's got to turn this around and fast.
Against Blackburn I was encouraged, last night was a horror show - Rooney, Cole, O'Shea et al have the top level experience to sort this out, they've played under the best managers in the world - it's absolutely baffling.
Up the feckin Blues
Not sure it is a fair point as at times there was a lot of shite served up as well
Tony Fantastico
11:31, Sat 9 Dec
I’d expect him to be at training for rehab on his injury, he’s not going to be sitting on his sofa with a pack of custard creams is he?

It’s funny how a players desire (or lack thereof) is only ever brought up under managers like Zola, Cotterill, Bowyer and Rooney. Almost like they’re all shite managers.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Tam
11:32, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
Tam
generalBlue
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue
Yep, because those shortfalls mostly didnt exist under the previous manager.

And its an injury prone squad thrown together on a shoe string, they are obviously going to have limitations

Until we can spend whatever we like we need a good coach who can get the best out of what we have, anyone pretending we have that currently is denying the evidence in front of them

Equally, anyone pretending that every player is currently giving 100% in terms of either application or effort is blinded to reality.

Who would you pick out as not giving 100%, out of interest?

In no particular order......
Long
Sanderson
Beilik
Dembele
Myoshi
Hogan
Bacuna
Stansfield
Gardner
Replay the last 6 games and tell me honestly that all the above have put in 100% effort .

Thanks - that’s fair enough. I don’t think that I’d agree that (with maybe Bielik as an exception last night) that the physical effort hasn’t been there, but there’s no denying that there’s a spark, confidence, belief, unity, whatever missing. Of course, you could well be right. Only the players will know the answer to that.

Watch the players Tam. Feigning fouls, not tracking, can't be arsed to get goal side, no communication, no challenging official's bad decisions, no leadership on the pitch.
All of that takes effort, application and pride.
It's half hearted shit at times and it shouldn't be swept under the carpet !

I have, of course, and would definitely agree with some of that. We’ve had instances of feigning fouls before (and I can’t tell you how much this annoys me) so that’s not new, and communication is an issue for sure at the moment. I don’t know whether they know what they’re supposed to be doing.. You’re right - there is no leadership on the pitch, and I don’t really think that we’ve got a ‘leader’ type. Maybe Gardner, Juke, Ruddy But two of them shouldn’t really be starting, and the other is in goal!

I can’t help but agree that we don’t look comfortable or sure, but I’m loathe to state that they’re not putting in the physical work - in general, if you pardon the pun. As I mentioned earlier, only the players will know and any that aren’t putting in at least the physical work want an absolute roasting
Make Blues Great Again
11:32, Sat 9 Dec
Super Hans
I’d expect him to be at training for rehab on his injury, he’s not going to be sitting on his sofa with a pack of custard creams is he?

Tell me more about his " injury " ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
Rab C Nesbitt
Not sure it is a fair point as at times there was a lot of shite served up as well

It's arguable and yes, I'm not rewriting history - Johnny DVB boy did indeed serve up long ball shite at times, don't remember the players packing up like last night though - though you go to every game, I don't so you'll know better than me.
Up the feckin Blues
11:34, Sat 9 Dec
stuff tactics, stuff formation and style of play

why can’t the team just do the physical basics to try to win the game of football

run faster
tackle harder
jump higher
win your battles
track your runners

start with the physical, combative basics then go from there

we see precious little of even the basics right now, there is no platform to base winning a game on, we’ve stopped being competitive which is the primary condition
11:35, Sat 9 Dec
It’s a calf injury, as described by Rooney himself:

Rooney confirmed afterwards that Long has sutained an injury. “He hurt his calf and he hasn’t trained for the last few days so he wasn’t available.”

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Ironic that you’re having a go at players for not being arsed when you can’t even be arsed to do a bit of research.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Tam
11:37, Sat 9 Dec
What I’d add as well is that it’s probably not Rooney OR the players - it’s probably a bit, or a lot, of both. We tend to have these conversations where it’s polarised to be either black or white or right or left, etc.

Not many of the management or the playing side are coming out with many honours at the moment.
Make Blues Great Again
11:38, Sat 9 Dec
Super Hans
It’s a calf injury, as described by Rooney himself:

Rooney confirmed afterwards that Long has sutained an injury. “He hurt his calf and he hasn’t trained for the last few days so he wasn’t available.”

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Ironic that you’re having a go at players for not being arsed when you can’t even be arsed to do a bit of research.

Any possibility that the calf injury story allows a " convenient " break ?
If that's what the Birmingham Mail says then it's cast in stone...
Bet you still believe in Father Christmas too !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
11:39, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Tam
What I’d add as well is that it’s probably not Rooney OR the players - it’s probably a bit, or a lot, of both. We tend to have these conversations where it’s polarised to be either black or white or right or left, etc.

Not many of the management or the playing side are coming out with many honours at the moment.

Totally agree mate, like I said, I'm not absolving or making excuses for Rooney and his staff at all - this is in their job description, to get the players playing. It never is black and white, just like life in general.
Up the feckin Blues
11:41, Sat 9 Dec
On last nights game, I didn't think it was a lack of effort, more a lack of fitness to play that style of football.

At one end of the pitch, they're trying to press very high up. Then when we get the ball, they're constantly looking for the forward pass. When we lose the ball, we seem to have Five or Six players wrong side of it, who can't get back. For a neutral, I'd imagine we're great to watch, as there's always something happening.

I can see what he's asking of them, but they can't do it. Yet.
11:43, Sat 9 Dec
If the players dont wanna put the effort in they down tools,such as Beilik etc Sanderson is another example .
Bluesince62
Rab C Nesbitt

It's arguable and yes, I'm not rewriting history - Johnny DVB boy did indeed serve up long ball shite at times, don't remember the players packing up like last night though - though you go to every game, I don't so you'll know better than me.
You would have seen more of last night than me mate
Tony Fantastico