10:59, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
HackneyBlue
Didn’t say they were, but a good manager inspires his players to give that effort,

I'm relieved that you at least acknowledge that some players aren't giving their all.

Of course we need good management but I ain't buying the thought that there's no player-power reluctance.

If we had good management there wouldn’t be any reluctance
11:07, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue
Yep, because those shortfalls mostly didnt exist under the previous manager.

And its an injury prone squad thrown together on a shoe string, they are obviously going to have limitations

Until we can spend whatever we like we need a good coach who can get the best out of what we have, anyone pretending we have that currently is denying the evidence in front of them

Equally, anyone pretending that every player is currently giving 100% in terms of either application or effort is blinded to reality.

Who would you pick out as not giving 100%, out of interest?

In no particular order......
Long
Sanderson
Beilik
Dembele
Myoshi
Hogan
Bacuna
Stansfield
Gardner
Replay the last 6 games and tell me honestly that all the above have put in 100% effort .
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
Tam
11:09, Sat 9 Dec
bluer than blues
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

And its an injury prone squad thrown together on a shoe string, they are obviously going to have limitations

Until we can spend whatever we like we need a good coach who can get the best out of what we have, anyone pretending we have that currently is denying the evidence in front of them

Equally, anyone pretending that every player is currently giving 100% in terms of either application or effort is blinded to reality.

Great question.

Thanks! It’s a genuine question, and not a smart arse question - I don’t doubt that application, belief and certainty are lacking, but I don’t know about lack of physical effort. Bielik had a shocker last night, and has been rightly pulled up on it, but I did also see him as being very frustrated. Sanderson has had some criticism lately in that respect, and his body language comes across as certainly lacking in confidence. Just wondering who the players are that people mark down as ‘not trying’.
Make Blues Great Again
11:11, Sat 9 Dec
if its that many players then it suggests a bigger problem doesnt it

one or two bad eggs and you banish them and get rid.

if its nearly the whole team then its a symptom of something else, particuarly when this is a recent problem
11:13, Sat 9 Dec
What load of nonsense...

Lacking in confidence maybe..
But not trying, nah
Tam
11:14, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Long
Sanderson
Beilik
Dembele
Myoshi
Hogan
Bacuna
Stansfield
Gardner
Replay the last 6 games and tell me honestly that all the above have put in 100% effort .

Thanks - that’s fair enough. I don’t think that I’d agree that (with maybe Bielik as an exception last night) that the physical effort hasn’t been there, but there’s no denying that there’s a spark, confidence, belief, unity, whatever missing. Of course, you could well be right. Only the players will know the answer to that.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
I agree, I think it's connected to the 'grow a pair' comments from Rooney, it's not laziness it's fear, probably brought on by not knowing exactly what they are supposed to be doing, which is on the coaches.
HackneyBlue

if its nearly the whole team then its a symptom of something else, particuarly when this is a recent problem

Don't underestimate the ability of professional footballers to manufacture a toxic culture within their club.
Numerous examples over many years at clubs, big and small.
Smell the coffee !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
11:17, Sat 9 Dec
im not saying that at all, what im saying is it usually comes down from the management of that club

same as in any professsion

if the players have created a toxic culture, which im not totally on board with anyway, but if they have, then thats because Rooneys management has created the environment for it
Tam
11:18, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Don't underestimate the ability of professional footballers to manufacture a toxic culture within their club.
Numerous examples over many years at clubs, big and small.
Smell the coffee !

Yeah, I don’t doubt that in the slightest. On the flip side, I imagine that managers and coaching staff can also demotivate - or enthuse! - a playing squad.
Make Blues Great Again
11:20, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Tam
generalBlue
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Long
Sanderson
Beilik
Dembele
Myoshi
Hogan
Bacuna
Stansfield
Gardner

Thanks - that’s fair enough. I don’t think that I’d agree that (with maybe Bielik as an exception last night) that the physical effort hasn’t been there, but there’s no denying that there’s a spark, confidence, belief, unity, whatever missing. Of course, you could well be right. Only the players will know the answer to that.

Watch the players Tam. Feigning fouls, not tracking, can't be arsed to get goal side, no communication, no challenging official's bad decisions, no leadership on the pitch.
All of that takes effort, application and pride.
It's half hearted shit at times and it shouldn't be swept under the carpet !
11:21, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Long
Sanderson
Beilik
Dembele
Myoshi
Hogan
Bacuna
Stansfield
Gardner

Long hasn’t played for the last 7 games, so that’s clearly bollocks you’re typing.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Spot on mate. I'm not making excuses for Rooney either, it's his job to get the effers playing, but aside from Ruddy, Roberts, Dembele and the babby that came on late, the players were a disgrace last night, disgusted me some of the lack of desire.
Up the feckin Blues
11:25, Sat 9 Dec
The didn't seem to be acting like this under the previous management.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:26, Sat 9 Dec
Super Hans
generalBlue
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Long
Sanderson
Beilik
Dembele
Myoshi
Hogan
Bacuna
Stansfield
Gardner

Long hasn’t played for the last 7 games, so that’s clearly bollocks you’re typing.

Behind the scenes suggestion of bust ups. ?
Is he injured ?
Check it out !
He's at training every day.