10:21, Sat 9 Dec
Players who aren't giving it their best shot while they're wearing our shirt are an effin disgrace.
There may just be an element of 'Rooney v Senior players' encouraging a defiant stance from our manager.
Player power is poisonous and unfortunately our younger players see it and suffer as a result.
All this bollocks about " Rooney is throwing him under a bus " is garbage.
Anyone who can't see what's happening needs to watch that match over and over again with these thoughts in their mind ....... " Did player A fully commit to that challenge ? " ... " Did player B help out his team mate by finding a bit of space and demanding the ball ".... " Did he track back with real intent and energy "

If I was managing some of that shower last night I'd be letting 'em have it with both barrels.

Blame formations, systems, tactics all you like but the crux is the lack of application and determination from some players.
Controlling that poison ain't easy but those with it in them need outing.
Time to prove to supporters that they've got pride in their day job.
I won't hold my breath !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:23, Sat 9 Dec
I’m blaming poor coaching and crap man management
10:34, Sat 9 Dec
I agree 100%

Recently listened to Jon obe mikel on talksport on his time at Chelsea & how the players decided who they wanted to be managed by. They did a number on Benitez for example as he wasn’t a popular choice with the fans & Terry didn’t like him.

After seeing some of the stuff last night i think some of the former managers favourites are doing the same & it’s not acceptable.
10:35, Sat 9 Dec
That suits the players !
It absolves them of any responsibility. That ain't healthy.
Huge salaries , wrapped up in cotton wool, the best medical and nutritional advice, chauffeured in luxury agent protected, bullet proof contracts .......

Blame their shortfalls on somebody else ?

Eff that !!!
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
10:39, Sat 9 Dec
Yep, because those shortfalls mostly didnt exist under the previous manager.

And its an injury prone squad thrown together on a shoe string, they are obviously going to have limitations

Until we can spend whatever we like we need a good coach who can get the best out of what we have, anyone pretending we have that currently is denying the evidence in front of them
10:39, Sat 9 Dec
Saw it with Gerrard at Villa and now with Ten Hag at Man Utd. Manager upsets a few with poor man management and players don’t like it.

Players can make a manager/coach look very bad if they choose to, especially if the manager/coach is already doing a good job of being bad anyway!
Tam
10:41, Sat 9 Dec
Probably not a question of either/or. Players should at least give their effort 100%, but it’s also down to the manager and coaching staff to get the most out of their players. I’m not seeing a lack of effort in general (possibly with a couple of exceptions) but they don’t look confident or sure of their game.

Whatever the ratio of blame, it’s us that bloody well suffer. Yet again.
Make Blues Great Again
10:44, Sat 9 Dec
HackneyBlue

And its an injury prone squad thrown together on a shoe string, they are obviously going to have limitations

Until we can spend whatever we like we need a good coach who can get the best out of what we have, anyone pretending we have that currently is denying the evidence in front of them

Equally, anyone pretending that every player is currently giving 100% in terms of either application or effort is blinded to reality.
10:45, Sat 9 Dec
Didn’t say they were, but a good manager inspires his players to give that effort,
10:46, Sat 9 Dec
johnnyspex
I agree 100%

Recently listened to Jon obe mikel on talksport on his time at Chelsea & how the players decided who they wanted to be managed by. They did a number on Benitez for example as he wasn’t a popular choice with the fans & Terry didn’t like him.

After seeing some of the stuff last night i think some of the former managers favourites are doing the same & it’s not acceptable.

" Toxic " covers it.
Tam
10:47, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Equally, anyone pretending that every player is currently giving 100% in terms of either application or effort is blinded to reality.

Who would you pick out as not giving 100%, out of interest?
Make Blues Great Again
10:50, Sat 9 Dec
HackneyBlue
Didn’t say they were, but a good manager inspires his players to give that effort,

I'm relieved that you at least acknowledge that some players aren't giving their all.

Of course we need good management but I ain't buying the thought that there's no player-power reluctance.
10:50, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
Players who aren't giving it their best shot while they're wearing our shirt are an effin disgrace.
There may just be an element of 'Rooney v Senior players' encouraging a defiant stance from our manager.
Player power is poisonous and unfortunately our younger players see it and suffer as a result.
All this bollocks about " Rooney is throwing him under a bus " is garbage.
Anyone who can't see what's happening needs to watch that match over and over again with these thoughts in their mind ....... " Did player A fully commit to that challenge ? " ... " Did player B help out his team mate by finding a bit of space and demanding the ball ".... " Did he track back with real intent and energy "

If I was managing some of that shower last night I'd be letting 'em have it with both barrels.

Blame formations, systems, tactics all you like but the crux is the lack of application and determination from some players.
Controlling that poison ain't easy but those with it in them need outing.
Time to prove to supporters that they've got pride in their day job.
I won't hold my breath !

Vote for GeneralBlue
10:56, Sat 9 Dec
What is with this attitude of completely sh*tting on players who worked effectively in our previous system in defence of a manager that has no career history of ever being good at management? Are we losing our minds right now?
10:57, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Tam
generalBlue
HackneyBlue

Who would you pick out as not giving 100%, out of interest?

Great question.