16:00, Sat 9 Dec
I was one of the very few that never slagged Villa John off. Never advocated for his sacking. You correctly point out that we don’t know how it would have turned out over the season with him still here, just as we don’t know how it will turn out now.

There is a tendency by some to assume that because we had a decent start we would maintain it. Last season proves its not necessarily the case, it was very mixed with at least two piss poor runs.

Villa John is now irrelevant and constantly harking back to him is pointless.

So lets look forward, agree that Rooney isn't the answer and appoint someone who has proven they can coach and motivate a team and successfully implement the style of football they want - because i've seen nothing from Rooney to convince me he's the answer.

He doesn't even have confidence in his own ideas and changes things for almost every match - and if it becomes obvious that he's not got the courage of his own convictions how are the fans and players supposed to believe he knows what he's doing ?
16:12, Sat 9 Dec
Great post exactly what I saw and have watched since Rooney came in and to be fair with eustace

Ruddy hit n miss

Laird - great but injuries killing him

Dramah - very good

Sanderson - gone downhill

Aiwu- not good enough

Long -decent but slow

Buccan- very good but has missed 2 months

Bacuna erratic but has the X factor sometimes

Burke - waste of time

Miyoshi great on ball but lightweight without tho last night was shit

James - don’t see enough although young

Bielik slow looks really bad at times

Sunjic- work rate is brilliant but gives up ball a lot

Dembele waste of time without ball to many in and out games

Stansfield- by far the best of bunch strikers wrong to bring off last night

Juke - bless him great servant but wouldn’t be
giving him 90 min

Hogan - runs but ball retention is very poor

M roberts he’ll be gone

Longelo - shocking at defending walks not bad when attacking

This club is going to change so much over next 12 months it will be a revolving door they will have to dig deep but these should be exciting times get behind them it’s what WE do.

Oh and we won’t be anywhere near relegation

Rooney will get time to implement it takes time

Right now in my honest opinion is showing that this squad right now can’t play that possession game for 90 mins and that plays into Rooney hands regarding playing style

Like I say they will have to dig deep and they will especially in summer

January will be interesting
16:13, Sat 9 Dec
Tha Project OBE
I was one of the very few that never slagged Villa John off. Never advocated for his sacking.

Instead you just slagged off anyone who pointed out that the Rooney appointment was a bad idea. It might have caused less toxicity if you'd actually slagged of Eus.tace instead of inexplicably turning on your fellow fans.
16:21, Sat 9 Dec
My dear Rags, as you know, I am a Maoist and as the great leader said when asked about the impact of the French Revolution…..it’s too early to say. That’s where I am with Wayne…..it’s too early to say.

I think he should be allowed time, I’d like it if others were of the same view and used kinder words to express their thoughts, but I’m not a fecking idiot.
Agree on the harking back point. Have you thought it might be easier for everyone to move on if those who thought it was a questionable decision weren't being accused of sanctifying him though? Very few people are doing anything like that.
16:24, Sat 9 Dec
How can we dig deep with FFP rules and the financial situation we are in please?
16:26, Sat 9 Dec
Great post exactly what I saw and have watched since Rooney came in and to be fair with eustace

Ruddy hit n miss

Laird - great but injuries killing him

Dramah - very good

Sanderson - gone downhill

Aiwu- not good enough

Long -decent but slow

Buccan- very good but has missed 2 months

Bacuna erratic but has the X factor sometimes

Burke - waste of time

Miyoshi great on ball but lightweight without tho last night was shit

James - don’t see enough although young

Bielik slow looks really bad at times

Sunjic- work rate is brilliant but gives up ball a lot

Dembele waste of time without ball to many in and out games

Stansfield- by far the best of bunch strikers wrong to bring off last night

Juke - bless him great servant but wouldn’t be
giving him 90 min

Hogan - runs but ball retention is very poor

M roberts he’ll be gone

Longelo - shocking at defending walks not bad when attacking

This club is going to change so much over next 12 months it will be a revolving door they will have to dig deep but these should be exciting times get behind them it’s what WE do.

Oh and we won’t be anywhere near relegation

Rooney will get time to implement it takes time

Right now in my honest opinion is showing that this squad right now can’t play that possession game for 90 mins and that plays into Rooney hands regarding playing style

Like I say they will have to dig deep and they will especially in summer

January will be interesting

I keep reading that we won’t be in a position to spend much in January, mind you I kept reading we wouldn’t be able to get many in last summer so ya never know.

It will be intriguing.
Yes Devlin, you are right. I haven’t got a problem with people who want to discuss and share thoughts on all the things he’s getting wrong, it’s the shouters and insulters that get my goat and I childishly respond, in inevitably futile attempts to balance it up a bit. There are far more against Wayne than for him.

I’m getting better though, there are certain posters I simply don’t respond to.

I’ll try to be better, but continue to challenge inaccuracies.

Happy Christmas.
16:33, Sat 9 Dec
My view at the start of the season was that we’d done some good business in the transfer market but we’re crying out for a half decent striker to pair Stansfield

Now apparently we need a whole new squad??

Yes, definitely down to the players
16:35, Sat 9 Dec
What’s there Joe? It’s a private group, don’t keep us in suspenders
16:37, Sat 9 Dec
It should open , does for me. Claims to be a picture of Sanderson out buying trainers yesterday so injury not too bad then if true.
16:38, Sat 9 Dec
baldrick
My view at the start of the season was that we’d done some good business in the transfer market but we’re crying out for a half decent striker to pair Stansfield

Now apparently we need a whole new squad??

Yes, definitely down to the players

Yes, I think that was pretty much the concensus and a top-half finish would have been a good season
Merry Christmas to you too. FWIW I'm still just about in the 'back him' camp despite not wanting him in the first place. Faith it's going to get any better is being sorely tested though.
The Devlin Disguise
Merry Christmas to you too. FWIW I'm still just about in the 'back him' camp despite not wanting him in the first place. Faith it's going to get any better is being sorely tested though.

Same, never wanted him but it happened, so they have to back him, though with us being 4 points above the trap door already, I fully accept that it may come to sack him. We can't go down.
Up the feckin Blues