11:46, Sat 9 Dec
generalBlue
Super Hans
It’s a calf injury, as described by Rooney himself:

Rooney confirmed afterwards that Long has sutained an injury. “He hurt his calf and he hasn’t trained for the last few days so he wasn’t available.”

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Ironic that you’re having a go at players for not being arsed when you can’t even be arsed to do a bit of research.

Any possibility that the calf injury story allows a " convenient " break ?
If that's what the Birmingham Mail says then it's cast in stone...
Bet you still believe in Father Christmas too !

So you asked for proof of the injury, I provided that and now you’re just sticking your head in the sand, brilliant.

It’s effing maddening how we have these threads every time we appoint a dogshit manager.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:49, Sat 9 Dec
Super Hans
generalBlue
Super Hans
It’s a calf injury, as described by Rooney himself:

Rooney confirmed afterwards that Long has sutained an injury. “He hurt his calf and he hasn’t trained for the last few days so he wasn’t available.”

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Ironic that you’re having a go at players for not being arsed when you can’t even be arsed to do a bit of research.

Any possibility that the calf injury story allows a " convenient " break ?
If that's what the Birmingham Mail says then it's cast in stone...
Bet you still believe in Father Christmas too !

So you asked for proof of the injury, I provided that and now you’re just sticking your head in the sand, brilliant.

It’s effing maddening how we have these threads every time we appoint a dogshit manager.

" So you asked for proof of the injury, I provided that .. " 😁😁😁😁

Dear Santa ....
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluesince62
Rab C Nesbitt
Not sure it is a fair point as at times there was a lot of shite served up as well

It's arguable and yes, I'm not rewriting history - Johnny DVB boy did indeed serve up long ball shite at times, don't remember the players packing up like last night though - though you go to every game, I don't so you'll know better than me.
You would have seen more of last night than me mate

😁 I don't blame you and the nipper one bit - chugging wine in the concourse would have been far preferable to the shit that was served up on the pitch. Local Derby? it was an effin disgrace.
Up the feckin Blues
11:54, Sat 9 Dec
Bottom of the table since WR was appointed, yet its the players fault 😂😂😂
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:59, Sat 9 Dec
Super Hans
Bottom of the table since WR was appointed, yet its the players fault 😂😂😂

Reckon Tam is right, it isn't just the players or just Rooney...so you are both right, so stop bloody arguing 😁
Up the feckin Blues
12:09, Sat 9 Dec
I will agree that the players have got form for it, as they did it under bowyer and Karanka, though no one cared those times as they were both dire managers. Here we are again, under another dire manager.

I think if that many players that you listed have downed tools, then what’s our options. We can’t sell all of them, who would want them atm, so that leaves the manager. Its clear to me that he cant motivate or get them playing like JE could, so we either keep losing constantly with an unhappy dressing room, not putting any effort in under a manager who hasn’t got a clue, or we cut our losses, get rid of him and get someone in who can do it.
Players who aren't giving it their best shot while they're wearing our shirt are an effin disgrace.
There may just be an element of 'Rooney v Senior players' encouraging a defiant stance from our manager.
Player power is poisonous and unfortunately our younger players see it and suffer as a result.
All this bollocks about " Rooney is throwing him under a bus " is garbage.
Anyone who can't see what's happening needs to watch that match over and over again with these thoughts in their mind ....... " Did player A fully commit to that challenge ? " ... " Did player B help out his team mate by finding a bit of space and demanding the ball ".... " Did he track back with real intent and energy "

If I was managing some of that shower last night I'd be letting 'em have it with both barrels.

Blame formations, systems, tactics all you like but the crux is the lack of application and determination from some players.
Controlling that poison ain't easy but those with it in them need outing.
Time to prove to supporters that they've got pride in their day job.
I won't hold my breath !

👏👏👏
12:17, Sat 9 Dec
Problem with that is you will always end up in the same loop and locks us in to never changing.

At some point we have to push through the sound barrier and move forward if we want to change our mentality and style. We've allowed a decade of shite to make us think the only option is to make the best of our straw house instead of collecting bricks for a new o e.

It could be done more gradually, and I'm not 100% convinced Rooney is the man to do it, but we have to at least be open to it guys
12:22, Sat 9 Dec
Typhoontechie
Problem with that is you will always end up in the same loop and locks us in to never changing.

At some point we have to push through the sound barrier and move forward if we want to change our mentality and style. We've allowed a decade of shite to make us think the only option is to make the best of our straw house instead of collecting bricks for a new o e.

It could be done more gradually, and I'm not 100% convinced Rooney is the man to do it, but we have to at least be open to it guys

Exactly👍
What is with this attitude of completely sh*tting on players who worked effectively in our previous system in defence of a manager that has no career history of ever being good at management? Are we losing our minds right now?

Remind me, how high up the table did we finish last season? How many goals did we concede? How many did we score? How many of the last 5 games did we win, how many did we draw?

I’m not sure the sanctification of the former employee bears too much scrutiny.
12:25, Sat 9 Dec
Typhoontechie

Agree with this.
12:26, Sat 9 Dec
Typhoontechie

I agree, but they should have saved the style of play rebuild for the summer, when we could have offloaded the players who aren’t up to it, and get the players Rooney wants for this new system. As it happens, the owners have incredibly screwed him over by bringing him in in October, and then trying to force this completely new play style on him and the players, in a tricky run of games as well.
12:27, Sat 9 Dec
TrickyBlue
Typhoontechie

Agree with this.

I agree with most - it has become quite clear that Rooney isn’t the man though. Get a proper manager in that shares the ethos of how we want to play eventually but will get results with the relatively good squad of players that we have.

Mowbray, Cooper, Hasenhuttl - maybe even Potter.
12:32, Sat 9 Dec
There's part of me wonders if Rooneys appointment was very little to do with football - that he was purely bought in for financial reasons to give us some spending ability in the future, perhaps even conditional to undefeated or Brady deals, and if it worked out on the pitch that was just a bonus.
12:35, Sat 9 Dec
only part of you ? A number of people have been pretty much saying this from day 1
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years