12:43, Wed 13 Dec
Okay - first phone call back

Commissioners are aware of interest in the site and the application is on behalf of BCC (who are now the Commissioners) and it shows that the site is being prepared to be put up for sale. Obviously from the Commissioners point of view then the asking price will be greatly increased if there is already outline planning permission on the site.

I think most people will be aware of this concept - cost of land with outline planning permission is about 8 to 10 times its value without opp
12:45, Wed 13 Dec
Conspiracy theory time they apply for planning for warehousing it gets turned down. Oh well it's worth bugger all now we will have to let blues have it for next to nothing anyway. Nicely sidesteps the commissioners.

Really though isn't it just about enabling the works to start and all being a bit vague about what ends up there.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:46, Wed 13 Dec
So BAU, keep calm and carry on, or keep right on rather.
This is very much in line with my thinking.
12:48, Wed 13 Dec
So BAU, keep calm and carry on, or keep right on rather.

Not exactly ... it's suddenly becoming a VERY expensive project as opposed to the original proposal before the BCC bankruptcy (and the Commissioners being appointed) to almost "swap" the one site for the other.
12:54, Wed 13 Dec
Rags
I think most people will be aware of this concept - cost of land with outline planning permission is about 8 to 10 times its value without opp

Yup, I've seen this from the Mr King days
12:54, Wed 13 Dec
Is there any way at all we can blame Rooney for this?
12:56, Wed 13 Dec
Rags

Are you still following King's exploits ? ... just wondered what he was doing with that old landfill site he and his mates bought - was it in Oxfordshire ?

.... actually, it was Didcot wasn't it ?
12:56, Wed 13 Dec
You just need to wait for tonight's result for that to happen.
13:01, Wed 13 Dec
Rags

Commissioners are aware of interest in the site and the application is on behalf of BCC (who are now the Commissioners) and it shows that the site is being prepared to be put up for sale. Obviously from the Commissioners point of view then the asking price will be greatly increased if there is already outline planning permission on the site.

So the council get planning permission on land they are due to sell so they get 8-10 times more for it?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:01, Wed 13 Dec
Rags
Rags

Are you still following King's exploits ? ... just wondered what he was doing with that old landfill site he and his mates bought - was it in Oxfordshire ?

I've not seen anything about that for a while. I've been too busy at work to really follow it of late
13:03, Wed 13 Dec
Rags
Rags

I've not seen anything about that for a while. I've been too busy at work to really follow it of late

No problem .... when you get a minute just remind me of the location/name of the site - i read something interesting the other day about why these sites are being bought up .... similar to the reason i gave you before
13:06, Wed 13 Dec
Rags

So the council get planning permission on land they are due to sell so they get 8-10 times more for it?

In its simplest terms ... yes

What's important is that everything has changed at BCC ,,,, i posted quite a bit about it before and now it's just a case of BCC being run by the Commisioners whose only objective is to get as much cash in as possible from wherever possible, as quickly as possible, regardless of whether that best suits the city, its residents, its sports teams etc
13:07, Wed 13 Dec
Ok, I find that a bit more reassuring, it's game playing (shrewd and sensible) by BCC to inflate the price they get.

I feel confident that Knighthead will outbid anyone else if they want it.

Do we need to put our own planning permission in- you'd assume so before you buy it?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:07, Wed 13 Dec
Rags

Wouldn't that have been the case if we had a outline planning position approved?
Gazball?