14:25, Wed 13 Dec
Chris
It would be a ludicrous place to stick those sheds. 3.5m sq ft of warehousing is only interesting to the real big boys and they'd want the motorway junction to be within spitting distance. No chance a B2/B8 developer goes in there IMO.

My thoughts exactly and road access isn't great.
14:47, Wed 13 Dec
Yeah, it's not as if there's a hi-speed railway coming through that way at any time, is it?

Oh.
14:54, Wed 13 Dec
Yeah, it's not as if there's a hi-speed railway coming through that way at any time, is it?

Oh.

That high speed rail line which will see no freight traffic whatsoever?
14:56, Wed 13 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Can the council just reject this?

Who owns the land, the council?

The Council are the applicant

The Council are the Planning Authority

The scheme will get permission

There are plans for numerous buildings in the 4 zones mentioned and a stadium is not one of them
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
14:58, Wed 13 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Sorry if I'm being thick but why is it less likely if someone else has submitted planning permission?

If we do the same can the council not just choose who they prefer?

Yes... but we have to be quick?
15:01, Wed 13 Dec
Miguelagenn

Oh.

Are Amazon ditching all their HGVs now and sticking Prime deliveries on trains? Can't see that catching on if I'm honest
15:07, Wed 13 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Sorry if I'm being thick but why is it less likely if someone else has submitted planning permission?

If we do the same can the council not just choose who they prefer?

I guess if there is a rival application, the stadium plans are less likely than if there was no rival application. It’s what the council prefer, I guess.
15:15, Wed 13 Dec
B_C_F_C
Nikola Zigic

There are plans for numerous buildings in the 4 zones mentioned and a stadium is not one of them

Haven’t seen the plans, but if the council are the applicant, I would have thought it’s not beyond the realms to suggest it’s been submitted to induce a higher bid from Knighthead

I thought being skint it was all about bringing bringing capital in fast not spending on long term infrastructure projects
15:18, Wed 13 Dec
Fundamentally clearing the site will be a cost saving for anyone purchasing it however it also drives up the price of the site itself so BCC likely see a cost benefit in clearing the site first of all to maximise the price of the land itself. Up to knighthead on how much they want to spend on it.

The takeover long term plan could be jeopardy and seeing early bumps both off and on the pitch at the moment.

If they want it, they will get it.
Sorry, I was just picking up on the fact that Brum's major rail freight terminal is on the same road as the current entrance to the Wheels site but I forgot that most of the SHA ITKers have probably had the nod from their contacts at Amazon.
Wilfred Owen
B_C_F_C
Nikola Zigic

Haven’t seen the plans, but if the council are the applicant, I would have thought it’s not beyond the realms to suggest it’s been submitted to induce a higher bid from Knighthead

I thought being skint it was all about bringing bringing capital in fast not spending on long term infrastructure projects

The council wont build the stuff... they are just getting outline permission in place in order to sell the land to developers ... maybe in 4 lots?...

By the way... Zone 3 is plenty big enough for a stadium complex. 😉
15:19, Wed 13 Dec
if Knighthead are the smart 10 billion dollar company they say and we hope then surely they will have to council's bells in a vice and the stadium plan will be mapped out?
15:21, Wed 13 Dec
Maybe them going bankrupt means that they no longer have the say they once had so Knighthead no longer have the vice
15:24, Wed 13 Dec
Thongs
Can we change any mention of Andy Street to DvB?

Also someone told me who his boyfriend is the other day 😂😂😂

I had no idea.

Really? Or are you just hood-wigging on this one?
15:33, Wed 13 Dec
B_C_F_C
Wilfred Owen
B_C_F_C
Nikola Zigic

The council wont build the stuff... they are just getting outline permission in place in order to sell the land to developers ... maybe in 4 lots?...

By the way... Zone 3 is plenty big enough for a stadium complex. 😉

Oh ok 👍 makes sense I suppose. Didn’t realise a council would have to apply to themselves to get outline permission. As you say, with the separate parcels of land they can still operate a mix and match approach if they desired