15:34, Wed 13 Dec
Maybe them going bankrupt means that they no longer have the say they once had so Knighthead no longer have the vice

They’ve still got the vice but have they got the balls?
15:59, Wed 13 Dec
Lichfield Blues
Thongs
Can we change any mention of Andy Street to DvB?

Also someone told me who his boyfriend is the other day πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I had no idea.

Really? Or are you just hood-wigging on this one?

I tried Hood Wigging once on a weekend in Amsterdam, never again.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
16:05, Wed 13 Dec
Do you think it matters that this goes against Birmingham Development Plan or the Bordesley Park Area Action Plan?

I have no idea - but it's another question i can ask - travelling back to home now so will make some phonecalls tonight - thing is, as i said a couple of weeks ago ..... now it's the COmmissioners i don't get to go to my meetings and none of those bad asses talks to anyone really .... so sometimes when go to my contacts at BCC i know stuff before they do
16:08, Wed 13 Dec
QBBC2
Maybe them going bankrupt means that they no longer have the say they once had so Knighthead no longer have the vice

They’ve still got the vice but have they got the balls?

The Commissioners have those tightly in hand.
16:17, Wed 13 Dec
Louie Donowa
Lichfield Blues
Thongs
Can we change any mention of Andy Street to DvB?

Also someone told me who his boyfriend is the other day πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I had no idea.

Really? Or are you just hood-wigging on this one?

I tried Hood Wigging once on a weekend in Amsterdam, never again.

πŸ˜‚
16:26, Wed 13 Dec
I might be taking total rubbish here, so apologies is so.

Only looked at a couple of the attachments, but it looks like planning permission for the remediation work, noting that the lands currently authorised to accommodate warehouse facilities. I think we all knew that anyway.

If a planning request is needed for the change of use, then that can surely happen further down the road. At the moment the focus is on completing the remediation works. The fact that the road layout provides scope for a stadium to the north of the site surely only sends a positive message?
18:37, Wed 13 Dec
El Mayor
Do you think it matters that this goes against Birmingham Development Plan or the Bordesley Park Area Action Plan?

I believe it does. There's verious levels of local plans that are supposed to be taken into account when decisions are made. I don't think it has force to stop or ensure something does or doesn't happen, in and of itself. But they are tools that are supposed to be used, and followed, to ensure joined-up development.

The other thing that may be useful in the same vein would be a Neighbourhood Plan - but that would require participation from local residents, and it's about a 1.5 - 2 year process whereby they designate areas within their boundary and what should or shouldn't be built in those locations, based on residents' and the area's needs. It's usually a ward/town/parish boundary. Again, it doesn't guarantee anything but it gives planning reasons to say yes or no and point to these plans for their reasoning.

If I was Knighthead, I'd probably be looking at reaching out to the local councillors and community in the Bordesley & Highgate ward and be working with them to come up with a neighbourhood plan which would last for the next 20 years. What are they more likely to be receptive to? A football club that wants to help them do this and have a voice in how their neighbourhood is developed and give them a 20-year vision? Or leave it to chance with warehouses and industrial units?
11:04, Fri 15 Dec
Possibly of some relevance, DC and Virginia are in a sports venue battle at the moment. This article might give a bit of insight about what could be driving Knighthead's thinking.
[wtop.com]
11:41, Fri 15 Dec
WreckTangle
I might be taking total rubbish here, so apologies is so.

Only looked at a couple of the attachments, but it looks like planning permission for the remediation work, noting that the lands currently authorised to accommodate warehouse facilities. I think we all knew that anyway.

If a planning request is needed for the change of use, then that can surely happen further down the road. At the moment the focus is on completing the remediation works. The fact that the road layout provides scope for a stadium to the north of the site surely only sends a positive message?

Yes, I don't think it adds much (but that might reflect my level of ignorance) - this seems to be the council taking the necessary steps to be able to use the £19m they have earmarked for tidying up the site. Which is an important step towards them disposing of the site but presumably Knighthead were always going to wait for that to be done before buying it, why pay to do it yourself when central government has already stumped up £17m for it?
12:07, Fri 15 Dec
I work in the sector- The council were always going to get an application in. Land with permission is worth more than without. I’m reliably informed that when the deal with the previous developer fell out of bed the agreement council side was to get an app in and bag a consent. Doesn't mean they have to build it. Ever since bcc went bust in order to maximise the value of the portfolio a consented land makes perfect sense.
12:16, Fri 15 Dec
Is there scope that the commissioner will take £ + the St Andrews land?
12:56, Fri 15 Dec
So the general gist is ... in simple terms an oaf like myself can take in...that it's still a possibility?
Up the feckin Blues
13:01, Fri 15 Dec
David Xavis
Is there scope that the commissioner will take £ + the St Andrews land?

Yes.
Their job is to help the council to get on a stable, sustainable position where it can set balanced budgets.
13:52, Fri 15 Dec
Whatever offer for the site has to be signed off as representing best consideration for the site and that normally means through a competitive bidding process
14:36, Fri 15 Dec
ANOtherBN
El Mayor

I believe it does. There's verious levels of local plans that are supposed to be taken into account when decisions are made. I don't think it has force to stop or ensure something does or doesn't happen, in and of itself. But they are tools that are supposed to be used, and followed, to ensure joined-up development.

The other thing that may be useful in the same vein would be a Neighbourhood Plan - but that would require participation from local residents, and it's about a 1.5 - 2 year process whereby they designate areas within their boundary and what should or shouldn't be built in those locations, based on residents' and the area's needs. It's usually a ward/town/parish boundary. Again, it doesn't guarantee anything but it gives planning reasons to say yes or no and point to these plans for their reasoning.

If I was Knighthead, I'd probably be looking at reaching out to the local councillors and community in the Bordesley & Highgate ward and be working with them to come up with a neighbourhood plan which would last for the next 20 years. What are they more likely to be receptive to? A football club that wants to help them do this and have a voice in how their neighbourhood is developed and give them a 20-year vision? Or leave it to chance with warehouses and industrial units?

I work tangentially in this field and to my limited knowledge - They are the tools to aid development but also a strong tool to not give planning permission to avoid piecemeal development and avoid expensive planning appeals. Therefore, if the Council are in favour of the development then they do not have to abide by the local plan - any extra development would be perceived as a bonus.

If they do not want the development, they can simply say the development does not meet the requirements of the local plan that we have adopted.