23:54, Fri 29 Dec
He came here from a Bundesliga team, off the back of £35m worth of transfer fees.

Of course he's got a decent reputation.

Are you joking ..... there was tread after thread on here of people holding their heads in their hands as soon as he was signed ...

Read this from 18 months ago ..

[www.scotsman.com]
Nikola Zigic
Who?

Genuinely can't think of any.
With a reputation? Melchiot, Gronkjaer, Hleb, Bentley, Dunn, Mortimer. All of these had huge reputations when they came to us and all stole a living.

And the worst of all? Mike Newell.
00:06, Sat 30 Dec
Rags
He came here from a Bundesliga team, off the back of £35m worth of transfer fees.

Of course he's got a decent reputation.

Are you joking ..... there was tread after thread on here of people holding their heads in their hands as soon as he was signed ...

Read this from 18 months ago ..

[www.scotsman.com]

That article could've been written this month. "Like a speedboat without a driver".

Burke should scare the living daylights out of a defence, but his decision making and football intelligence lets him down. If he ever 'clicked' and it all came together you've got one hell of a player. Sadly I doubt it'll ever happen.
01:02, Sat 30 Dec
He’s big and quick. His performances have been horrible to watch. However, he’s been fed on long, high out balls to the right touchlne under JE and starved of service in a variety of cameo roles in a variety of systems under WR. He has been frustrating to watch and I’m not sure how much he could offer but stick a decent ball in the right channel and he’ll get there first. Is his final product any good? Jury’s out at best but, let’s be honest, he doesn’t get enough of the right service and he doesn’t have a natural striker to aim for in the middle. When I watch him I want to scream (as I do with others who I know definitely can play football) but is that just down to him or something else? Maybe we’ll only find out if and when The Sun/Daily Mail rumours run their course. In the meantime, I’ll make the long trip to Leeds with the usual high but unexpectant spirits and see what happens. COYBB…
Nikola Zigic
Who?

Hleb
Fabbrini
Rowan Vine
Gazball?
AJW
01:51, Sat 30 Dec
Who play for your manager
Nikola Zigic
Who?

Foley Okenle
File him between Brock-Madsen and Closgrove in the Birmingham City book of transfer bloopers I said

Give him a chance they said

Been shyte since he left Forest and you only needed to look at his CV to see that

Unfortunately I can't see us sending him back especially if Stanno is recalled
11:06, Sun 31 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Who?

With a reputation? Melchiot, Gronkjaer, Hleb, Bentley, Dunn, Mortimer. All of these had huge reputations when they came to us and all stole a living.

And the worst of all? Mike Newell.

Melchiot was probably amongst the best players in his first season. Dunn injured. Gronkjaer just totally wasted.

Hleb definitely, Bentley at least scored for us
11:10, Sun 31 Dec
Werder Bremen went ex-Directory the moment he signed the loan forms with us
11:13, Sun 31 Dec
Exactly the type of loan that never works and we should never take.

Utterly obvious he was going to be a waste of time & money.
11:27, Sun 31 Dec
baldrick
Werder Bremen went ex-Directory the moment he signed the loan forms with us

😂😂👏👏
11:42, Sun 31 Dec
I dont see him putting in any less effort than anyone else 🤷‍♂️
11:47, Sun 31 Dec
Send him back-he's a waste of a shirt
12:00, Sun 31 Dec
Dunn “injured” surely. Highest number of league games he played for us in a season was 21. Season after we sold him, he played 31. Our most expensive player at the time and he drove us backwards.

Which is the problem with Melchiot et al. They were for the first time a set of signings to push us on. Into the top half. Instead arguably the club has never recovered.