14:41, Sun 31 Dec
I think Gronkjaer's mother died and he struggled to deal with it.I
I don't blame him that much for what happened.

Hleb is the most disappointing player i've seen. He had a big reputation and had been at Arsenal and Barcelona, but he barely seemed able to find a Blues player with a pass. Heshould have improved us, but he was a complete waste of money.
14:43, Sun 31 Dec
Buddy Mercer
Jesper Gronkjaer springs to mind

Came from Chelsea with a good reputation as a pacy skillful winger and was part of Brucie's attempt to make us more attacking, but flattered to deceive in his 16 or so games for us

You see this is a complete misrepresentation. He was known for being woefully inconsistent at Chelsea, and for his crossing being generally very poor. It's why he joined us, had he been better they wouldn't have been letting him go.

Blues fans got on his back very quickly, though. I do think we have a weird misconception that everything a winger does to beat a man should always come off in the same way as we seem to think we are the only team who's strikers don't convert all one on ones.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
14:43, Sun 31 Dec
Chris Sutton was a big disappointment. A shadow of the player he should have been.
14:44, Sun 31 Dec
Sheep2
Chris Sutton was a big disappointment. A shadow of the player he should have been.

He had been before he came to us, him and Yorke were both over the hill.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Tam
14:47, Sun 31 Dec
Charcy
Sheep2

They were terrrible. Were they part of the 2006 relegation side? I can't recall disliking many Blues sides as much as that side. Very few of them seemed to have much in the way of appetite or desire.
Make Blues Great Again
15:20, Sun 31 Dec
Hleb was a strange signing. McLeish was never going to set the team up to get the best out of him. On the subject of McLeish, picking McFadden over Zarate was a crime against football.
15:47, Sun 31 Dec
Tam
It amazed and amused me that AVFC signed Sutton after he left us. Unsurprisingly he was even worse for them.
16:08, Sun 31 Dec
Charcy
Sheep2

Yorke got 2 or 3 goals if I remember right?

Sutton got 1 I think.

Neither should have been signed.

Sutton comes across as a right smug fanny
16:23, Sun 31 Dec
Sheep2
I think Gronkjaer's mother died and he struggled to deal with it.I
I don't blame him that much for what happened.

Hleb is the most disappointing player i've seen. He had a big reputation and had been at Arsenal and Barcelona, but he barely seemed able to find a Blues player with a pass. Heshould have improved us, but he was a complete waste of money.

Hleb just never wanted to be here..
Pretty sure he said as much in an interview before a certain game.
Tam
16:27, Sun 31 Dec
Obviously the wrath of SHA is now going to visit me, but in defence of Burke, I thought that his introduction and pace actually livened the team and the crowd up the other night. Admittedly not for long, but it did get things going at the time. Well, a bit.
Make Blues Great Again
16:32, Sun 31 Dec
Tam
Tam
Obviously the wrath of SHA is now going to visit me, but in defence of Burke, I thought that his introduction and pace actually livened the team and the crowd up the other night. Admittedly not for long, but it did get things going at the time. Well, a bit.

I agree. We had our best spell of the game after the subs came on and he was a big part of it, though admittedly didn’t last long.

He gives us an out ball from the ‘keeper too with his ability in the air, as opposed to lumping it to Stansfield or Bacuna.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:33, Sun 31 Dec
Walter Pandiani did it for me.

And then don't get me started on that bastard Mike Newell.
17:09, Sun 31 Dec
Tam

I agree. We had our best spell of the game after the subs came on and he was a big part of it, though admittedly didn’t last long.

He gives us an out ball from the ‘keeper too with his ability in the air, as opposed to lumping it to Stansfield or Bacuna.

I agree he’s nowhere near as bad as people are saying and he was part of the three that came on and helped us look a bit more threatening.

The more important thing is how refreshing it is to see a couple of posts that aren’t dripping with poison. Every thread, not just this one, drowning in bile. eff knows what’s got into people. And it was the same pre Rooney.
Cheikh N'Doye enters the chat.
17:36, Sun 31 Dec
Tam
Tam
Yep. He’s not great. Never has been. But when you’re hitting him with 50 yard passes to flick on to himself to chase you’re not going to get a lot out of him. The poor bugger
Tony Fantastico