17:59, Sun 31 Dec
Fat Buddha CBE
Tam
Obviously the wrath of SHA is now going to visit me, but in defence of Burke, I thought that his introduction and pace actually livened the team and the crowd up the other night. Admittedly not for long, but it did get things going at the time. Well, a bit.

I agree. We had our best spell of the game after the subs came on and he was a big part of it, though admittedly didn’t last long.

He gives us an out ball from the ‘keeper too with his ability in the air, as opposed to lumping it to Stansfield or Bacuna.

I agree he’s nowhere near as bad as people are saying and he was part of the three that came on and helped us look a bit more threatening.

The more important thing is how refreshing it is to see a couple of posts that aren’t dripping with poison. Every thread, not just this one, drowning in bile. eff knows what’s got into people. And it was the same pre Rooney.

I don’t get it either. I understand the disappointment (and of course the disagreements) but it just seems massively out of proportion to me.
18:26, Sun 31 Dec
I'm amazed anyone has seen anything positive outside of the very rare flash so far.

Each to their own.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
19:00, Sun 31 Dec
NOGS74
Walter Pandiani did it for me.

And then don't get me started on that bastard Mike Newell.

Yeah, probably the biggest disappointment in my memory. Obviously there was a personality clash with TF. Mind you Devlin did too didn’t he. I dare say there were other examples, didn’t someone mention Danny Sonner a few weeks back?
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19:08, Sun 31 Dec
NOGS74

Newell was a disgrace. Marcus Bent wasn't much better.
19:20, Sun 31 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Quite simply the worst player, of any promise, I've seen in a Blues shirt.

Now I've seen some shit over the years, shit I expected to be shit, but he's the worst player with a decent reputation I've ever seen pull on our shirt.

I can stomach a lack of ability if the effort is there but he doesn't even have that.

The poster boy for coaches picking a youngster because he's big and quick. Thankfully the football word has moved away from that.

A waste of a shirt, a waste of money and a waste of time.

I can confirm he is indeed absolutely shit, one consolation I believe you only have him on loan?
We paid £15 million for the fanny.
19:21, Sun 31 Dec
Mark Burchill as well.
We might have gone up that season if we'd signed him permanently.

I saw Marcus Bent at a pre-season friendly with the youth team. He was really good with them. Talking the other forward and the winger through the game. It was obvious he put much more than the minimum effort in even though he was on his way out of Blues.
I think it just didn't work out for him with us. He was a bit past his best and the team didn't play to his strengths. To be fair he wasn't good enough to change the way we played to suit him.
It happens quite a bit with players. It's difficult to shine if the team setup doesn't help you, but if you don't shine you only get to come on as a sub and you have ti fit to an awkward team shape.
I don't think Bent was ever seen as more than a backup player.
19:26, Sun 31 Dec
"A bit more threatening" - the whole team had one crap shot on target all day, interesting measure of "a bit".

He has had god knows how many games and not come remotely close to an assist or goal in any of that time.

He is effing dogshit.
20:10, Sun 31 Dec
number8
"A bit more threatening" - the whole team had one crap shot on target all day, interesting measure of "a bit".

He has had god knows how many games and not come remotely close to an assist or goal in any of that time.

He is effing dogshit.
Hi Megan
Tony Fantastico
20:34, Sun 31 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I'm amazed anyone has seen anything positive outside of the very rare flash so far.

Each to their own.

I’m amazed you think anyone has said there’s been anything other than that. I think he’s pretty poor. The comments otherwise have been more about people who can’t keep their disappointment with footballers who play for us in some sort of proportion. The level of vitriol about the most minor things is pretty alarming for people who are supposed to be grown ups. That’s in general, not you specifically.
20:52, Sun 31 Dec
He can run fast that's about all I can about him really.
09:34, Mon 1 Jan
Hank Marvin
NOGS74

Yeah, probably the biggest disappointment in my memory. Obviously there was a personality clash with TF. Mind you Devlin did too didn’t he. I dare say there were other examples, didn’t someone mention Danny Sonner a few weeks back?

Pandiani played for Bruce.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:43, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
Obviously the wrath of SHA is now going to visit me, but in defence of Burke, I thought that his introduction and pace actually livened the team and the crowd up the other night. Admittedly not for long, but it did get things going at the time. Well, a bit.

I see less footballing ability in Burke than i do in many many many League 2 players ..... he just has better athleticism, pace and build than they do.

However, i wouldn't criticise him for lack of effort or his attitude.
10:47, Mon 1 Jan
Dunn had a house in Solihull it might even be the house Gary Gardner lives in now but it was on same little development. He might not have been there when he first moved here but he did at some point live down here.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:49, Mon 1 Jan
Robert Hopkins
Dunn had a house in Solihull it might even be the house Gary Gardner lives in now but it was on same little development. He might not have been there when he first moved here but he did at some point live down here.

He was travelling up regularly when he was with Sammy Winward off Emmerdale. Think they broke up while he was with us.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:01, Mon 1 Jan
roger hynd
Dunn was a waste of time for us.
Injured most of the time and lazy,disinterested and overweight when he wasn't.
Absolutely spot on!