12:19, Sun 31 Dec
Sorry but David Dunn has no business being considered as one of our worst signings.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
He's not very good, but pretty much everyone said this when we signed him - s'pose it was like Rooney himself, no one thought it was a good move, but you always hope to be pleasantly surprised. We haven't with either of 'em though. Pretty much got what we expected.
Up the feckin Blues
12:25, Sun 31 Dec
Charcy
Sorry but David Dunn has no business being considered as one of our worst signings.

Someone said that? get outta town!
Up the feckin Blues
12:29, Sun 31 Dec
Dunn and Melchiot were good signings. That period was pivotal for Blues and the fans let Bruce down as he tried to transition the team. We were far too impatient.
12:33, Sun 31 Dec
NouCamp
I dont see him putting in any less effort than anyone else 🤷‍♂️

Nope, neither do I.
I just think he's a really poor football player, who has pace and pretty much nothing else.
12:47, Sun 31 Dec
Tilton Rifle
Dunn and Melchiot were good signings. That period was pivotal for Blues and the fans let Bruce down as he tried to transition the team. We were far too impatient.

You mean when we tried to change from a defence first team, to one that played attacking football ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:56, Sun 31 Dec
Westbo90
NouCamp

Nope, neither do I.
I just think he's a really poor football player, who has pace and pretty much nothing else.

That’s a fair description of him Westbo90. It’s strange because to be a professional footballer you clearly have to be very very good. Probably best player in your school, district and county. Then you have to compete with lads from all over the country and Europe to get to the level. Clearly the system is flawed and some useless feckers get through and end up with us!!
13:00, Sun 31 Dec
Tilton Rifle
And that was why they were bad signings. Dunn in particular. He was the focus of that intent to push on and he let the club down badly complaining about a bruised thumb or whatever that required six weeks' rehab. Then effed back off to Blackburn for a third of what he cost and was a regular starter. He took the club for a ride and rather than build us back he effed off as soon as his pay dropped.
13:08, Sun 31 Dec
Dunn was a waste of time for us.
Injured most of the time and lazy,disinterested and overweight when he wasn't.
13:12, Sun 31 Dec
Again, Melchiot was very good first season.

He became a target because he was foreign I expect
13:18, Sun 31 Dec
Westbo90
NouCamp

Nope, neither do I.

A bit like me back in the day without the pace.
13:23, Sun 31 Dec
The only one I'll give you (that I saw or remember) is Hleb so far.

However I suspect he was hindered by being so much better than the rest of our players.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:23, Sun 31 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Tilton Rifle
And that was why they were bad signings. Dunn in particular. He was the focus of that intent to push on and he let the club down badly complaining about a bruised thumb or whatever that required six weeks' rehab. Then effed back off to Blackburn for a third of what he cost and was a regular starter. He took the club for a ride and rather than build us back he effed off as soon as his pay dropped.
Or alternatively his issues weren’t spotted by our medical team. Travelling down in the car he owned was supposedly bad for his back/hamstrings, and it wasn’t until he returned to Blackburn that they noted hamstring issues are related to back problems initially and with less travelling he played more often.
One game at vile he was exceptional btw
Tony Fantastico
13:24, Sun 31 Dec
Suggesting Melchiot got pelters for being foreign is asinine. He barely put in a shift when we were struggling.

This sums it up.

Robbed in possession for the first and couldn't even put in a decent rugby tackle, jogging back after the chap he's meant to be marking for the second.
13:27, Sun 31 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Or alternatively his issues weren’t spotted by our medical team. Travelling down in the car he owned was supposedly bad for his back/hamstrings, and it wasn’t until he returned to Blackburn that they noted hamstring issues are related to back problems initially and with less travelling he played more often.
One game at vile he was exceptional btw
Yeah, I once had a case with someone who claimed to have had blood clots from a 70 mile drive and that was also bullshit.

He was swinging the effing lead. If he were that committed why was he living in Blackburn still? As soon as he said he wasn't moving we should have torn up the contract.

I do remember that game, we should have been about five up by half-time. Annoying as we had the foot on their throat and ambled through the second half.