13:31, Sun 31 Dec
So you’re saying he lied about being injured 😂😂😂😂😂
Christ. This place at times
Tony Fantastico
13:33, Sun 31 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Rab C Nesbitt
Or alternatively his issues weren’t spotted by our medical team. Travelling down in the car he owned was supposedly bad for his back/hamstrings, and it wasn’t until he returned to Blackburn that they noted hamstring issues are related to back problems initially and with less travelling he played more often.
One game at vile he was exceptional btw
Yeah, I once had a case with someone who claimed to have had blood clots from a 70 mile drive and that was also bullshit.

He was swinging the effing lead. If he were that committed why was he living in Blackburn still? As soon as he said he wasn't moving we should have torn up the contract.

I do remember that game, we should have been about five up by half-time. Annoying as we had the foot on their throat and ambled through the second half.

A) you can’t just tear up players contracts.

B) this isn’t new news
13:35, Sun 31 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Who?

Genuinely can't think of any.

Darren Ambrose
13:40, Sun 31 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Quite simply the worst player, of any promise, I've seen in a Blues shirt.

Now I've seen some shit over the years, shit I expected to be shit, but he's the worst player with a decent reputation I've ever seen pull on our shirt.

I can stomach a lack of ability if the effort is there but he doesn't even have that.

The poster boy for coaches picking a youngster because he's big and quick. Thankfully the football word has moved away from that.

A waste of a shirt, a waste of money and a waste of time.

Not even top 50 of the last 10 years.

Makes me laugh when people say “as long as you work hard, you’ll be alright at blues”. It not the kids fault he’s not up to it and yet people on the thread celebrating the fact they shouted abuse at him.
13:41, Sun 31 Dec
Robert Hopkins
Tilton Rifle
Dunn and Melchiot were good signings. That period was pivotal for Blues and the fans let Bruce down as he tried to transition the team. We were far too impatient.

You mean when we tried to change from a defence first team, to one that played attacking football ?

Yep
13:44, Sun 31 Dec
Carlos Costly? Ollie Lee? Carl Richards?

Yep I accept defeat
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
13:51, Sun 31 Dec
Of course we have had worse players both technically (Costly) and attitude wise (Ambrose & Newell) but not many I can think of that have played 20 games or more. His general lack of effort, his lack of basic ability and lack of footballing brain together make he a woeful sight. I am far from a fan of Hogan but he still deserves to be on the bench ahead of Burke.

And, yes I do think lack of effort. Look back to Plymouth's equaliser, he had been on the pitch 10 minutes but left the goalscorer to tea himself up albeit Ruddy should have done better.
13:51, Sun 31 Dec
Werder Bremen went ex-Directory the moment he signed the loan forms with us

I reckon the Burke loan was part of the Buchanan deal, as in you can have Buchanan for €2m or €1.5 if you take that Burke as well.
13:56, Sun 31 Dec
QBBC2
Werder Bremen went ex-Directory the moment he signed the loan forms with us

I reckon the Burke loan was part of the Buchanan deal, as in you can have Buchanan for €2m or €1.5 if you take that Burke as well.

Buchanan joined the club on 26th July, Oliver Burke joined the club on loan at the final hour of transfer window day a whole month later. At times it looked like the Burke loan may be off. Interesting theory but its a stretch.
14:09, Sun 31 Dec
Before he signed it. Take it off the table. That he wasn’t willing to move should have been instant alarm bells.
14:15, Sun 31 Dec
Tbf it was a joke, putting Burke’s current value at minus half a million €s
14:15, Sun 31 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
So you’re saying he lied about being injured 😂😂😂😂😂
Christ. This place at times
Call me Diogenes but I never believed he was ever properly injured. I got the impression he had had second thoughts about moving as soon as he signed and was working his ticket out. He had just broken into the England side. Apart from 45 minutes at Mordor did we ever see that in three years?
14:23, Sun 31 Dec
Jesper Gronkjaer springs to mind

Came from Chelsea with a good reputation as a pacy skillful winger and was part of Brucie's attempt to make us more attacking, but flattered to deceive in his 16 or so games for us
14:27, Sun 31 Dec
I know there are many who maintain we misused him and never gave him time, but literally my in my memories of him are him tearing down the right touch line and shanking it into the Railway End, before punching the turf in frustration.

Wasn’t there some family tragedy of which we were unaware though that might have been a mitigating factor?

Our only ever player born in Greenland btw.
14:30, Sun 31 Dec
Someone wasn't telling the truth about him.

I'm sure I remember that in the weeks leading up to when he left us there was a statement of some sort on the official site saying that he was fit and had been for a long time. All this whilst fans were led to believe that he was recovering from another injury.

I remember being p'd about it as I thought he was having us at it at the time.