02:47, Thu 4 Jan
Can’t sleep and sat here thinking…

If Rowett gets the job either til end of season or permanent we will become more of a laughing stock after the Zola/Rooney debacle than ever before. It simply CANT HAPPEN on reflection.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
03:08, Thu 4 Jan
Why do you care if we are a 'laughing stock'?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
03:08, Thu 4 Jan
Laugh all they want as long as we stop up, stabilise and then go again. We’re a laughing stock atm anyway
04:10, Thu 4 Jan
JourneyOn
Laugh all they want as long as we stop up, stabilise and then go again. We’re a laughing stock atm anyway
Agree.

We are the laughing stock of the football world atm anyway.

We just need to do whatever it takes to avoid getting dragged into a relegation fight.
05:45, Thu 4 Jan
Are people panicking that much they think we need someone like Rowett to “stabilise and stay up” have you looked at the table? Any half decent manager would have no problems keeping us up this season.
06:30, Thu 4 Jan
Think most people outside of blues would view it as a sensible appointment.
06:36, Thu 4 Jan
If it’s any comfort the media would view it with rose tinted glasses and Cook could sell it as a full circle moment.

Out of the ones available and on the media shortlist, it’s the easiest appointment to make.
06:42, Thu 4 Jan
Think most people outside of blues would view it as a sensible appointment.

Short term contract until the end of the season would be a sensible appointment, you never know in that time he may get us into the playoffs, but definitely mid table safety.
07:01, Thu 4 Jan
I wouldn't be too concerned and when you look at what he achieved with the cloggers like Gleeson and Grounds what could he achieve with Laird and Bacuna.

Has he ever been anywhere and been able to spend any real money, and therefore play anything other than dull football ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
07:02, Thu 4 Jan
Yeah he spent loads at stoke. 7m on Ryan Woods for starters
07:05, Thu 4 Jan
MacAttack
If it’s any comfort the media would view it with rose tinted glasses and Cook could sell it as a full circle moment.

Out of the ones available and on the media shortlist, it’s the easiest appointment to make.

I said the other day I think that's exactly the plan IF they can't get their first choice (Cooper) . Cook knows the fans are split and what better way of getting them back on side than re appointing a manager most of us liked (not me btw) and thought was ridiculously sacked. He can't go back to Eustace it'd be ridiculous but VR he can. We wouldn't look a laughing stock any more than normal because that was the previous board. If it was Eustace then yes we would and to be honest if it was him (don't want him back either) then he should have some self respect and tell them to piss off .
Rowett is a no from me but I can see why blues would consider it.
07:08, Thu 4 Jan
Also signed Flemming at Milwall for £1 mill who scored 15 goals last season from midfield. Works both ways. I would imagine Rowett has learnt from the Stoke experiment
07:18, Thu 4 Jan
Agree with you on all points.

I liked Rowett when he was here and that was because I didn’t know about him looking to move to other clubs which I think probably all managers do anyway, I’ve come to learn it’s part of the game. I don’t want him back though,

i wouldn’t want Rowett or Eustace back though I’m confident they’d get us to mid table for now but we need a fresh start and longevity.
07:40, Thu 4 Jan
Different Regime
07:41, Thu 4 Jan
Rowett probably didn't sign any of them. Managers don't sign players at most clubs now.

He won't sign them here either, if he got the job.

Anyway, if he did, I'd be 99% certain that it'd be a short term end of season job.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H