11:01, Thu 4 Jan
Happy Days
Rowett gets the best out of the players he has got.
Only need to look at where Milwall now sit since he left.
Our track record since he left.
Derby's track record since he left (minus one season with Tomori, Mount & Wilson)
Stoke is the only red herring and to be honest it's not like he is on his own with that one.

We have a better squad than we did last time IMO.
The ownership is obviously much more structured.

I think we could do alot worse. IF we were to appoint Rowett on any kind of deal. Whilst the football may not be as progressive as the owners like, it will be a stepping stone to where we would like to get. And ultimately, if GR doesn't progress the football he wouldn't be here for longer than the seasons end anyway.

He's had three clubs since.

Stoke stayed the same/went backwards
Derby stayed the same and should have done better
Millwall he improved but plateaued

It's not quite the hit rate you try and sell.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:01, Thu 4 Jan
Gary Rowett what a joke signing that would be.
11:30, Thu 4 Jan
Most successful manager we have had since Hughton.... Yeah massive joke.... Really funny fairplay
11:35, Thu 4 Jan
Sure but lots of our fanbase have decided they hate him and they're not going to change their minds now.

At a time where we need unity more than anything else, bringing Rowett back would be an awful idea.
11:38, Thu 4 Jan
I do agree. Which is a shame
11:39, Thu 4 Jan
It also wouldn't be progressive. Which still needs to be considered if we want to get up and to the next level.

Whoever takes us over isn't taking us over six points adrift of safety, we are six points clear of relegation. It's not the absolute crisis some seem to think.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Tam
11:56, Thu 4 Jan
Charcy
It also wouldn't be progressive. Which still needs to be considered if we want to get up and to the next level.

Whoever takes us over isn't taking us over six points adrift of safety, we are six points clear of relegation. It's not the absolute crisis some seem to think.

Yeah, and it's not as if we're playing above our capabilities. This is a squad that should be reasonably comfortable at this level.
Make Blues Great Again
12:22, Thu 4 Jan

*According to Garry Cook
projectblues
Gary Rowett what a joke signing that would be.

If it is GR, then Cook is just looking more and more incompetent by the minute.
He sacks JE and now employs GR who is basically a clone of JE

So Which begs the question why not forget GR and just take JE back then?
Either way GC doesn't come out of this looking good. Cooke hasn't just made 'one' mistake
on the footballing side of things lihe people are saying, he has made a string of mistakes

If Cook has got any sense he'll just go for Mowbray which at least gives everyone including himself a fresh
start
12:51, Thu 4 Jan
Rowett make us hard to beat you mean bore the pants off everybody had us sitting 7th when sacked 17,000 odd turned up for his last game Millwall fans had more of the same they had enough of his boring teams spent a lot money at Stoke still played the same way a leopard never changes his spots .
Think saying JE is a clone of GR is unfair.

When we played them this season we had 57% possession, 16 shots, and should have won comfortably if not for Hogan missing that first half pen. They were nothing but long ball and set pieces.

Eustace showed signs this season that we could play progressive football, with full backs bombing on (injury time pen against Leeds was won by the Right Back), and there was a clear attempt all season to play out from the back a lot more than last year. Whilst it's not the 'No Fear Football' that Cook burdened Rooney with, it was a lot more forward thinking than Rowett
Iain_Gavin

When we played them this season we had 57% possession, 16 shots, and should have won comfortably if not for Hogan missing that first half pen. They were nothing but long ball and set pieces.

Eustace showed signs this season that we could play progressive football, with full backs bombing on (injury time pen against Leeds was won by the Right Back), and there was a clear attempt all season to play out from the back a lot more than last year. Whilst it's not the 'No Fear Football' that Cook burdened Rooney with, it was a lot more forward thinking than Rowett

Yeah, probably a tad unfair tbh. I think my point was that generally speaking they would both be regarded
as pragmatic, organised etc. But yes you are right, JE has a far better outlook and more going for him than GR.

Admidst all the arguing\debating, from a short term and selfish point of view i am still damned annoyed that that we've missed out on a half decent season without looking over our shoulders for a change. Oh well, maybe I am just tight and
wanted some better value from my ticket outlay this season :):)
Bordesley not Small Heath
Iain_Gavin

Yeah, probably a tad unfair tbh. I think my point was that generally speaking they would both be regarded
as pragmatic, organised etc. But yes you are right, JE has a far better outlook and more going for him than GR.

Admidst all the arguing\debating, from a short term and selfish point of view i am still damned annoyed that that we've missed out on a half decent season without looking over our shoulders for a change. Oh well, maybe I am just tight and
wanted some better value from my ticket outlay this season :):)

We're still only 12 points off the playoffs to be fair... ;)

I highly doubt we'll get near. But truth is if JJ goes and we can reinvest that well, let's say we appoint Mowbray, I think we'll have a very solid next 4-5 months
16:01, Thu 4 Jan
I would rather have the pork pie bloke myself!
16:35, Thu 4 Jan
I say the same thing every year. Luckily there is always 3 worse teams than us, in the championship. We will not go down, have no fear.

There's more chance of getting in the play offs, than getting relegated. The top 3 have sucked so many points away from the rest, that it's really condensed the chasing pack very closely together.

See how Bristol shot up the league after 3 wins and a draw. If we get a little run going soon and can hang on to the coat tails, then you never know how the cards will play.

We might just do a brucey and come in with a late charge up to 6th place.