07:56, Thu 4 Jan
Bluemarc81
Can’t sleep and sat here thinking…

If Rowett gets the job either til end of season or permanent we will become more of a laughing stock after the Zola/Rooney debacle than ever before. It simply CANT HAPPEN on reflection.

We became a laughing stock the day we sacked villa John and appointed Roon.

I’ve said this many times, people talking about Rowett being a backwards step. Rowett is a HUGE effing step forward after Rooney FFS. Rowett will sort out the back line and make us hard to beat again. He may even get us passing the ball again. He might leave Stansfield on for 90 min and persuade him to stay for the season.

Maybe Rowett will be offered the job til May, to steady the ship. Yes he left in acrimonious circumstances but I imagine his days of wanting his CV everywhere may have taught him a lesson.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
07:59, Thu 4 Jan
Bluemarc81
Can’t sleep and sat here thinking…

If Rowett gets the job either til end of season or permanent we will become more of a laughing stock after the Zola/Rooney debacle than ever before. It simply CANT HAPPEN on reflection.

We became a laughing stock the day we sacked villa John and appointed Roon.

I’ve said this many times, people talking about Rowett being a backwards step. Rowett is a HUGE effing step forward after Rooney FFS. Rowett will sort out the back line and make us hard to beat again. He may even get us passing the ball again. He might leave Stansfield on for 90 min and persuade him to stay for the season.

Maybe Rowett will be offered the job til May, to steady the ship. Yes he left in acrimonious circumstances but I imagine his days of wanting his CV everywhere may have taught him a lesson.

I can't imagine a less inspiring signing than Rowett - it is completely, utterly and totally devoid of imagination
08:01, Thu 4 Jan
And the opposite of what the board want. Rowett doesn't play possession based football. Nor front footed football. He's a negative counter attacking manager who's happy with 17% in a game. Not knocking him it can be effective but I doubt it's what Wagner or Cook wants.
08:06, Thu 4 Jan
We’re already a laughing stock.
08:07, Thu 4 Jan
And the opposite of what the board want. Rowett doesn't play possession based football. Nor front footed football. He's a negative counter attacking manager who's happy with 17% in a game. Not knocking him it can be effective but I doubt it's what Wagner or Cook wants.

Even when they were doing well, Millwall fans despaired at what was set before them.
Novakainian
Think most people outside of blues would view it as a sensible appointment.

Yep. I liked him when he was here, shame how it ended, but if that's who they went with, no problems for me.
Up the feckin Blues
08:17, Thu 4 Jan
Sacking Eustace because they wanted better football to then hire Rowett would be an absolute shambles.
08:19, Thu 4 Jan
TrickyBlue
Sacking Eustace because they wanted better football to then hire Rowett would be an absolute shambles.

Why? perhaps they have learnt the lesson that until better players are recruited, it's unreasonable to ask a manager to play total football? That's a good thing in my eyes - as long as they keep the long term plan to improve us as a footballing side.
Up the feckin Blues
TrickyBlue

This 100%. If they go for a “steady the ship for 6 months” manager then they should bring back Eustace, who we are paying already.

If people are happy to have Rowett back then we may as well go for McLeish or Bruce
08:20, Thu 4 Jan
TrickyBlue

Why? perhaps they have learnt the lesson that until better players are recruited, it's unreasonable to ask a manager to play total football? That's a good thing in my eyes - as long as they keep the long term plan to improve us as a footballing side.
#

Trouble with Rowett isn't getting his teams to play a particular TYPE of football ... it's getting them to play football
08:21, Thu 4 Jan
And he’s a DvB
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:24, Thu 4 Jan
And he’s a DvB

Well, that's as maybe.

People want Graham Potter and there's no bigger Villa fan than him ... and i don't mean "as a child" or as a teenager .... or before he got into football .... he's still a massive Villa fan now.
08:26, Thu 4 Jan
Rags
TrickyBlue

#

Trouble with Rowett isn't getting his teams to play a particular TYPE of football ... it's getting them to play football

Rowett wouldn't be long term I'd have thought (unless he surprises everyone by becoming the Bromsgrove? Peppy G). I'm not advocating him, merely saying that if they did go that route, I wouldn't worry about it, chuck a strop or give a flying feck what the press or anyone else thought. I'm like you, developed a dislike for the Yew Ess Ayy Bowyer, so if it was a straight choice for me (which it isn't)...
Up the feckin Blues
08:26, Thu 4 Jan
He’ll go to villa when Emery goes to Man Utd.