09:09, Thu 4 Jan
To me, reappointing Rowett in any sense is pointless.

We don't need a short term manager and he is not a long term solution.

None of the jobs he has done since leaving us have done anything to suggest that he has changed in terms of being - yes, steady in terms of results and outlook, but a dedicated follower of tedium.
09:10, Thu 4 Jan
Rags
Rowett is a great appointment IF it's short term. If it's anything longer than to the end of this season I will start to worry about just how thought out this 'Project' has been.

It'd be a huge contradiction to everything they talked about at the Open House to then appoint Rowett for anything other than a short term interim period.

On the basis of everything people have said about Rowett (ie "steady") - and "only for the short term as it would be a safe option" - you may as well ask Eustace.

Not comparable really, there is no trust and likely bad blood between Eustace and the current board.

Eustace would also be mad to accept a short term interim deal for a job he had a contract for 3 months ago.

It'd be far too complicated.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:10, Thu 4 Jan
Please no. It can’t be a stop gap and if we’re so short sighted to consider past managers then I’d rather Eustace over Rowett’s brand of football.

Rowett had grown very stale by the time he was given the boot, so many people forget that due to the league position and what followed.
09:11, Thu 4 Jan
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
I also remember annihilating Reading at home 6 -1 with 35% possession. I don’t recall anyone moaning that we didn’t dominate the ball and it was boring then?

There was lots of moaning after we beat Ipswich on a Tuesday night before he got sacked, I was one of them because I'd had enough of it

there was and still remains the split camps of the who cares how we win its results Vs the football is shite it needs to be in some way entertaining and isnt good enough to get us up camps

Rowett is a backwards step, his football was dull and uninspiring the antithesis of what our new owners have told us they want for our club
Spike

None of the jobs he has done since leaving us have done anything to suggest that he has changed in terms of being - yes, steady in terms of results and outlook, but a dedicated follower of tedium.

It's only a yes for me if we can't get a candidate we're happy with.

Would you be happy with us appointing our 3rd/4th/5th choice or waiting until the summer?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
It would be a total volte face on everything we have been told. There is no way you need a Rowett type to keep this squad out of trouble. Madness.
09:12, Thu 4 Jan
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
I also remember annihilating Reading at home 6 -1 with 35% possession. I don’t recall anyone moaning that we didn’t dominate the ball and it was boring then?

There was lots of moaning after we beat Ipswich on a Tuesday night before he got sacked, I was one of them because I'd had enough of it

there was and still remains the split camps of the who cares how we win its results Vs the football is shite it needs to be in some way entertaining and isnt good enough to get us up camps

Rowett is a backwards step, his football was dull and uninspiring the antithesis of what our new owners have told us they want for our club

Absolutely --- it doesn't need to be sparkling, or exciting, or risky or any other extreme - it just has to be slightly above tedious
09:15, Thu 4 Jan
Spike

It's only a yes for me if we can't get a candidate we're happy with.

Would you be happy with us appointing our 3rd/4th/5th choice or waiting until the summer?

On that basis go for Julen Lopetegui - he's sat in Wolverhampton with no castles to visit with his wife until they all re-open in April .... pay him a few quid and a National Trust lifetime membership and tell him it will remind everyone he's still in the uk
09:15, Thu 4 Jan
b.casual
Please no. It can’t be a stop gap and if we’re so short sighted to consider past managers then I’d rather Eustace over Rowett’s brand of football.

Rowett had grown very stale by the time he was given the boot, so many people forget that due to the league position and what followed.

He also bulit a good team spirit which needs to be rebuilt ans a trust back in the manager that the players will relate too.

Im not sure we would gst that with marsch, maybe in the summer but right now we dont need anither gamble.

Think Mowbray is a good man- manager and would also get the players playing for him with his inatructions.
09:19, Thu 4 Jan
Nikola Zigic

Well, for a start I don't know who we are looking at.

Obviously my preference would be to get the best person we can get, asap, and move forward.

I don't see the point in a stop gap appointment and I don't want Rowett back anywhere near us at any price.

I'm not sure I really see a situation where waiting for a preferred candidate until the summer has any mileage, if they don't fancy joining us that's fine. Giving them another tickle in the summer would make me very much doubt their commitment if they did finally allow themselves to be persuaded.

Any self-respecting manager would rather come in now, see what can be done in this window - get to work with the players to assess what needs to be done with our increased spending capacity after the summer clear-out, and give next season a right rattle.

We should be able to sell that concept to somebody decent, and it shouldn't take much selling to somebody decent.

This lot effed up with Rooney, but they mean business.
09:20, Thu 4 Jan
Seems to me it was obviously coooer the owners wanted he’s not coming so owners are now in a pickle as they obviously haven’t a 2nd choice they like do looks like a wait till the summer and see who’s out there they can be happy with so short term I’d rather bring in a warnock over bringing rowett back it was dire at the end of his spell here and no chance we will reappointment Eustace after sacking him like we did ,
Tam
09:25, Thu 4 Jan
I remember that Reading game. It was strangely unexciting, given the scoreline. I think we broke six times (perhaps more) and scored. It was daft, but I remember there not being the sort of fever that you’d expect with a goalfest like that.

I’d really prefer Rowett not to come back. His brand of football was tedious and I didn’t much like him anyway. I never forgave him for jumping out of a tackle with Lee Hughes, leading to a WBA goal, and wasn’t fond of him after that.

Obviously that’s just a grudge that I have to bear personally forever 😁 but surely we can be a bit more progressive than this, given the aim of better football. This appointment would look insane, given the rhetoric earlier in the season. The other thing is - it strikes me as a little bit insulting to ask a manager to do a job for a few months until we can find someone better. Money’s money and all that,but presumably he’s still being paid by Millwall. As for a longer contract, we’ll surely we wouldn’t want him here for longer.

If it WAS him, it would seem to be a bizarre turnaround and I wouldn’t like it in the slightest, but I’d still trundle down and support them. I would be concerned about their level of thinking though, as far as managers go.
Make Blues Great Again
Since Rowett left Millwall, 7 Championship Managers have lost their jobs. None of the 7 have appointed Rowett as a replacement.

That says it all for me.
Spike
Nikola Zigic

Well, for a start I don't know who we are looking at.

Obviously my preference would be to get the best person we can get, asap, and move forward.

I don't see the point in a stop gap appointment and I don't want Rowett back anywhere near us at any price.

I'm not sure I really see a situation where waiting for a preferred candidate until the summer has any mileage, if they don't fancy joining us that's fine. Giving them another tickle in the summer would make me very much doubt their commitment if they did finally allow themselves to be persuaded.

Any self-respecting manager would rather come in now, see what can be done in this window - get to work with the players to assess what needs to be done with our increased spending capacity after the summer clear-out, and give next season a right rattle

We should be able to sell that concept to somebody decent, and it shouldn't take much selling to somebody decent.

This lot effed up with Rooney, but they mean business.

this - The summer clear out and rebuild with so many players out of contract is a near unique scenario and a huge selling point to a new manager, how often does that opportunity come along for someone to be involved in building a new squad

the trade off of will be taking the job now when we are in a far from secure position

anyone with ambition should see it as a great opportunity to get going with us now
09:30, Thu 4 Jan
Rowett gets the best out of the players he has got.
Only need to look at where Milwall now sit since he left.
Our track record since he left.
Derby's track record since he left (minus one season with Tomori, Mount & Wilson)
Stoke is the only red herring and to be honest it's not like he is on his own with that one.

We have a better squad than we did last time IMO.
The ownership is obviously much more structured.

I think we could do alot worse. IF we were to appoint Rowett on any kind of deal. Whilst the football may not be as progressive as the owners like, it will be a stepping stone to where we would like to get. And ultimately, if GR doesn't progress the football he wouldn't be here for longer than the seasons end anyway.