09:56, Thu 4 Jan
I think getting the fans back onside is as important as anything else to be honest. Based on what I've seen on here since Rooney was sacked, it seems like almost every name attracts a bunch of "OH GOD! NOT HIM!!!" comments except for Mowbray who everyone seems to think is alright.

Rowett would be a disaster (even if we did well under him) because it would cause more division
STD
10:00, Thu 4 Jan
Rowett would be far from a disaster, there would be some moaners but if results followed it would shut people up
Reappointing Eustace would be a disaster from a board disaster

If we are reappointing someone - Lee Clark would be the biggest disaster I could think of

I want a manager that player people in positions rather than a bingo machine picking the players position
Moist
10:02, Thu 4 Jan
Mowbray's favourite on sky bet this morning. Not saying it means anything, but agree with the sentiment that we'd all be relatively happy with him
10:03, Thu 4 Jan
I think it'd be a really good appointment, one I've been banging on about for a while.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Ribeye
And the opposite of what the board want. Rowett doesn't play possession based football. Nor front footed football. He's a negative counter attacking manager who's happy with 17% in a game. Not knocking him it can be effective but I doubt it's what Wagner or Cook wants.

Well it’d completely undermine any one thinking that’s there’s a plan or any joined up thinking.

It’s like Everton going from Benitez, to a more positive manager like Lampard back to a pragmatic Dyche and not like say Brighton who have an identity and only buy players and bring in managers who fit that.

Ultimately we all want the Brighton method, but Dyche will probably finish mid table despite losing 10 points.

I don’t care how we look until we actually do something and get somewhere again
I get a bit emotional about the idea that we may appoint a manager, however temporary, who could get our team to pass the ball to each other in an entertaining sort of a way.

It would be a bit low key in terms of appointments for now but that would probably be sensible for now. He has a lot of excellent young players who haven’t cost a lot at Sunderland and that would perhaps shift the focus to whether we are recruiting wisely which would also be a good thing.

Maybe there’ll be some surprise with an appointment but of the names mentioned it seems the most sensible to me.
10:07, Thu 4 Jan
STD
STD
Rowett would be far from a disaster, there would be some moaners but if results followed it would shut people up
Reappointing Eustace would be a disaster from a board disaster

If we are reappointing someone - Lee Clark would be the biggest disaster I could think of

I want a manager that player people in positions rather than a bingo machine picking the players position

I'm not so sure about that..... Certainly didn't happen last time he was here!

I have no doubt that if Rowett came in, we'd easily finish mid-table so it wouldn't be a disaster in that regard but in terms of the owners wanting to get fans onboard, wanting to fill the stadium, wanting to attract sponsors etc, I think Rowett would do more harm than good.
Spot on, the only manager I’ve seen mentioned that would galvanise the whole club and seems to be 100% backed by all fans is Cooper but with him appearing to be out of reach we are going to have to settle for someone, who some are going to be really disappointed in. That’s the problem of having new ambitious owners- the expectation levels of some fans have risen so wildly that unless we appoint Cooper, Potter or Lopetegui then we’re a ‘joke’ and have no ambition!
Personally, I think Mowbray would be a very sensible (if not sexy) appointment.
10:18, Thu 4 Jan
Just to mention as well that Sunderland have yet to appoint a new manager after sacking Mowbray. Sunderland have a similar ownership and ambition to us but are further on with their plans, albeit they’re more under the radar because of the Rooney business. Sacking Mowbray had not been well received and the fans are happy that the team are continuing to do well but a bit nonplussed that Mowbray has gone and no one has yet to be appointed.
10:19, Thu 4 Jan
Michael Beale
10:21, Thu 4 Jan
newblue
Just to mention as well that Sunderland have yet to appoint a new manager after sacking Mowbray. Sunderland have a similar ownership and ambition to us but are further on with their plans, albeit they’re more under the radar because of the Rooney business. Sacking Mowbray had not been well received and the fans are happy that the team are continuing to do well but a bit nonplussed that Mowbray has gone and no one has yet to be appointed.

Beale was appointed a couple of weeks ago?
10:23, Thu 4 Jan
Christ, yes he was. So under the radar I haven’t digested it!

It was a pretty strange one!
10:46, Thu 4 Jan
Bluemarc81
Can’t sleep and sat here thinking…

If Rowett gets the job either til end of season or permanent we will become more of a laughing stock after the Zola/Rooney debacle than ever before. It simply CANT HAPPEN on reflection.
I think it would be better to bring Eustace back rather than Rowett,especially if the club is still paying him.Best though to just move on from either.
10:48, Thu 4 Jan
davenports
Bluemarc81

If Rowett gets the job either til end of season or permanent we will become more of a laughing stock after the Zola/Rooney debacle than ever before. It simply CANT HAPPEN on reflection.
I think it would be better to bring Eustace back rather than Rowett,especially if the club is still paying him.Best though to just move on from either.

They wouldn’t be bringing Rowett back as such as they weren’t the ones to sack him.
10:52, Thu 4 Jan
JourneyOn
davenports
Bluemarc81

They wouldn’t be bringing Rowett back as such as they weren’t the ones to sack him.
Still bringing him back to one of his former clubs though.Time to move on from this saga with fresh people.