Bluesince62
Rags
Rags
TrickyBlue
Sacking Eustace because they wanted better football to then hire Rowett would be an absolute shambles.

Why? perhaps they have learnt the lesson that until better players are recruited, it's unreasonable to ask a manager to play total football? That's a good thing in my eyes - as long as they keep the long term plan to improve us as a footballing side.
#

Trouble with Rowett isn't getting his teams to play a particular TYPE of football ... it's getting them to play football

Rowett wouldn't be long term I'd have thought (unless he surprises everyone by becoming the Bromsgrove? Peppy G). I'm not advocating him, merely saying that if they did go that route, I wouldn't worry about it, chuck a strop or give a flying feck what the press or anyone else thought. I'm like you, developed a dislike for the Yew Ess Ayy Bowyer, so if it was a straight choice for me (which it isn't)...

Oh you mean if it ws a straight choice between Marsch and Rowett .. ? ... feck me .. i'd suck Rowett's cock to keep Marsch out the club

You'd have to get to the back of the queue on here 😁 nothing to do with Marsch either.

*Wipes chin*
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:51, Thu 4 Jan
A_n_E
David Xavis
but all I recall is going a home game knowing we would most likely win and most certainly not lose.

i remember us scraping a 1-0 win against rotherham whilst having 21% possession and one shot on target

plus he's a DvB

Would you rather 60% possession and lose? Results are what matter
08:51, Thu 4 Jan
Also remember a 6 - 1 at home to reading. A derby we should of won with chances missed against the filth. And having pretty decdnt away record in general under him.

He isnt my 1st choice but as a short term fix to the summer its not a bad appointment.
08:52, Thu 4 Jan
I also remember annihilating Reading at home 6 -1 with 35% possession. I don’t recall anyone moaning that we didn’t dominate the ball and it was boring then?
STD
08:52, Thu 4 Jan
Bluemarc81
Can’t sleep and sat here thinking…

If Rowett gets the job either til end of season or permanent we will become more of a laughing stock after the Zola/Rooney debacle than ever before. It simply CANT HAPPEN on reflection.

Why can't it happen? We were doing well under Rowett and winning games - some of the decisions and styles of play weren't great and his transfers were somewhat lacking, but we weren't in a relegation battle with him in charge and when he did take charge we were in a similar position
Moist
08:55, Thu 4 Jan
#DingDong
Think most people outside of blues would view it as a sensible appointment.

Short term contract until the end of the season would be a sensible appointment, you never know in that time he may get us into the playoffs, but definitely mid table safety.

8th
08:55, Thu 4 Jan
STD
It does seem that the planets have aligned - cant wait for the Cook Mk. II presser later today.
08:59, Thu 4 Jan
David Xavis
Novakainian
Rags that doesn't even make sense. Like being on a playground.

Rowett is the definition of a safe pair of hands in this division. 40% win ratio "dead hands"....

People moan about his football but all I recall is going a home game knowing we would most likely win and most certainly not lose.
Not sure that was the case
Tony Fantastico
STD
09:01, Thu 4 Jan
It's not just Rowett though, it's coaching staff that know what they are doing and take responsibility rather than throwing players under the bus or trying to fight players in training
Moist
09:02, Thu 4 Jan
David Xavis
Novakainian

Rowett is the definition of a safe pair of hands in this division. 40% win ratio "dead hands"....

People moan about his football but all I recall is going a home game knowing we would most likely win and most certainly not lose.

Some fans only care about the final result and not the 90+ minutes before that and that’s completely understandable.
It’s not for me though, I came away from a large chunk of those wins thinking ‘that was shit but atleast we won’ I want to be entertained and enjoy the game I’m watching. Especially under this new ownership, I want more. We all should.
09:04, Thu 4 Jan
David Xavis
Novakainian

I remember it as going to a game knowing we'd probably draw but might lose.
STD
Rowett is a great appointment IF it's short term. If it's anything longer than to the end of this season I will start to worry about just how thought out this 'Project' has been.

It'd be a huge contradiction to everything they talked about at the Open House to then appoint Rowett for anything other than a short term interim period.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Waggeh
David Xavis
Novakainian

I remember it as going to a game knowing we'd probably draw but might lose.

Well that can't be right can it, we finished 10th twice under him and were 7th when we sacked him.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:06, Thu 4 Jan
Rowett is a great appointment IF it's short term. If it's anything longer than to the end of this season I will start to worry about just how thought out this 'Project' has been.

It'd be a huge contradiction to everything they talked about at the Open House to then appoint Rowett for anything other than a short term interim period.

On the basis of everything people have said about Rowett (ie "steady") - and "only for the short term as it would be a safe option" - you may as well ask Eustace.
09:06, Thu 4 Jan
Well no it can't, but that's how I remember feeling. We seemed to be a lot better away from home under Rowett tbf.