Saw scrawled in the dirt on a BT van this morning "TEBILY #2".
14:08, Mon 8 Jan
Rags
Tam
derbyblue
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again.

tbf it wasn’t on the table when they dispensed with JE
, this looks like a decent appointment from the list of candidates intimated - stability needs to be achieved first, get us on the right footing to go forward. history will show the WR appointment as the car crash most predicted it would be, wrong man at definitely the wrong time

hopefully Mowbray can bring an aptitude and calmness to it all with a steely determination to win football matches

No it wasn't, but I think that the mindset from the club was entirely different then and that Rooney was their man, no matter who else was available, within reason.
Correct. But to go from Eustace to Mowbray via Rooney in 3 months is a proper upgrade for me.

For me too ... there are no guarantees in football obviously, but out of everyone available i can't see any argument that we haven't made the best, most positive appointment in the end - one that should please both the fans, the owners and the players.

Have any of our players worked or TM before ?
14:13, Mon 8 Jan
Rags
Tam
derbyblue
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again.

, this looks like a decent appointment from the list of candidates intimated - stability needs to be achieved first, get us on the right footing to go forward. history will show the WR appointment as the car crash most predicted it would be, wrong man at definitely the wrong time

hopefully Mowbray can bring an aptitude and calmness to it all with a steely determination to win football matches

No it wasn't, but I think that the mindset from the club was entirely different then and that Rooney was their man, no matter who else was available, within reason.
Correct. But to go from Eustace to Mowbray via Rooney in 3 months is a proper upgrade for me.

For me too ... there are no guarantees in football obviously, but out of everyone available i can't see any argument that we haven't made the best, most positive appointment in the end - one that should please both the fans, the owners and the players.

Have any of our players worked or TM before ?

Juke @ Boro .... then again there can't be many experienced managers left who Juke hasn't played for
Tam
14:19, Mon 8 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Tam
derbyblue

Yes, I agree - I don't think that the arrival of TM would have been treated with as much joy as it has been because we were doing OK this season at the time, generally speaking. And, while I'm sure that TM is an upgrade on JE, given that he's a proven manager over many years at this level in particular, it might not have been seen as a big enough step up, or a big enough statement of intent. Of course, with the horror that unfolded over the last three months, to see Mowbray as Blues' manager is absolutely bloody marvellous.

It would rarely have been seen as a poor appointment, but right now, it's such a logical and inspired choice at the right time for the club. It's the complete opposite of their previous decision. It's good that expectations are now being considered more thoughtfully.
Make Blues Great Again
14:24, Mon 8 Jan
Tam
Yeah probably true. I’ve unashamedly been a fan of him for years though
Tony Fantastico
14:24, Mon 8 Jan
My Blue Heaven
From the outside looking in, that’s probably fair. Whilst we know it’s far from the truth as we know the good that’s been done, but the biggest newsworthy item this season is sacking Eustace and replacing him with Rooney.. I’d think any other club would be mad too
I think the same of them for going Mowbray to Beale

Agreed.
He fell out with Speakman coz he wanted to buy some experienced players, saying they were relying too much on nippers.
Fat Buddha CBE
He fell out with Speakman coz he wanted to buy some experienced players, saying they were relying too much on nippers.
Speakman is a bastard
Tony Fantastico
15:35, Mon 8 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Fat Buddha CBE
Speakman is a bastard

👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Late to the party as at work and work has a no mobile policy, great news, glad it's finally officially over the line. Up the Mozza.
Up the feckin Blues
Yep very happy with our new glorious overlord
LFD
17:22, Mon 8 Jan
Ditto. The appointment feels just right in every sense.

Hopefully gets a few more through the turnstiles on Saturday too.
Perhaps we should be Birmingham City (formerly known as Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City).
17:29, Mon 8 Jan
Welcome to Birmingham City Football Club Tony

This is a very good appointment for the club

I always back our managers (apart from carrot cruncher)

Wanted it to work for Rooney as I loved him for England

But this appointment is massive for blues .Mowbray

Plays attractive football and I fully expect blues to be turning a corner

And with money now and in summer I expect to see some fresh young hungry players come to us

Excited for the future under his leadership

Now as club and fans let’s get behind the man and club

Kro
Similar and delighted with appointment. Like the board and many on here have said it just feels like the right man for the job at the current time. Experienced, proven and relatively successful at this level, calm, thoughtful and a real players manager. The more I watch of him he also seems a decent bloke with a good, dry, sense of humour. Hopefully, steady progress in turning us into a successful, entertaining team over the next 18 months of so. It feels like the feel good factor from the summer/ early season has returned. KRO