10:54, Mon 8 Jan
I don’t think I’ve seen a lack of effort. Just a lack of ability and confidence. They have played scared of their own shadows.

A good manager will give them a real lift
10:56, Mon 8 Jan
He won’t stand no shirkers.
10:57, Mon 8 Jan
S TQ
He won’t stand no shirkers.

Agreed - but unfortunately there isnt that much competition for places at the minute.
10:57, Mon 8 Jan
so Hogan i could maybe agree with, Gardner Juke and Ruddy all seem to be very good professionals so think you are way out on those
10:59, Mon 8 Jan
Tam
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again, and he's an experienced manager with excellent credentials.

For all of the (often justified) criticism of the decision to bring WR in and the way that it was done, credit has to go to the owners with the way that this appointment has been handle, and in their choice.

Absolutely - i was a massive fan of Eustace (who would have known it ?) ... but in my dreams Tony Mowbray was the sort of person and manager i hope JE would one day become. Now, instead, via the mistake, we have leapt straight to the man himself.
11:00, Mon 8 Jan
Gardner, Juke, Marc Roberts and Ruddy know they're leaving but will all be model professionals. No concerns there at all.

Hogan will be going but he is a quiet loner by all accounts, don't see him stirring the pot at all.

Anderson has been injured the entire time and has only been here five minutes. He'll be no issue in terms of undermining managers. Probably playing for a new deal.

Sunjic has been playing regularly- he won't be an issue. He's probably on the brink of a new contract.

Etheridge, can't see him kicking up a fuss. Number 2 keeper happy to take his money.

Struggling to think of anyone who'd be causing trouble really.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:00, Mon 8 Jan
RomfordBlue
Felix1875
our best signing in years.

It's like some of you don't even remember Bernard Sun, but OK fine I'll let it go today.

I was over the moon when we signed Sun, but getting Venus in too is on another planet though I hear he’s quite down to earth.
11:01, Mon 8 Jan
If they didn't give a shit then it's weird that they clearly gave a shit the week before WR arrived

Anyway, can we not have a Mowbray announcement thread hijacked by yet more talk about the players all being scumbags
Happy Clapper
11:02, Mon 8 Jan
HackneyBlue
so Hogan i could maybe agree with, Gardner Juke and Ruddy all seem to be very good professionals so think you are way out on those

Gardiner have no opinion of other than that free kick against the baggies - not seen him enough.

Anyway like others have said Tony Mowbray know's what he needs to do - his Sunderland side played us off the park - bring it on - I don't want to be negative on a good news day - just want the players to respect the manager if they didn't respect Rooney.
11:03, Mon 8 Jan
Le Mod
If they didn't give a shit then it's weird that they clearly gave a shit the week before WR arrived

Anyway, can we not have a Mowbray announcement thread hijacked by yet more talk about the players all being scumbags

Indeed - is a good news day no more negative comments from me on players.
11:04, Mon 8 Jan
Delighted with the news.

Any Albion, Sunderland or Blackburn mates I have spoken to recently only have positive things to say about Mowbray, him as a person and the football he plays.

Great to see this forum so united and positive about the news.

Again very excited for the rest of the season.

Can't wait for Saturday.
11:04, Mon 8 Jan
RomfordBlue
Felix1875

It's like some of you don't even remember Bernard Sun, but OK fine I'll let it go today.

I was over the moon when we signed Sun, but getting Venus in too is on another planet though I hear he’s quite down to earth.

What planet are you on?
11:05, Mon 8 Jan
bluepeter
RomfordBlue
Felix1875

You're not talking out of Uranus there..... the Mercury is rising
11:10, Mon 8 Jan
Yep, totally agree.

We KRO.
It’ll be none of them. We’ve just had a ridiculous manager and the teams confidence went to pot