10:16, Mon 8 Jan
Good stuff, good luck Mr Mowbray. Hopefully our fans can pull together once more and stop their bickering.
10:17, Mon 8 Jan
HALLE-effING-LUJAH!!!!
10:17, Mon 8 Jan
Don’t think I’ve been this happy since we announced Brucey back in the day 😊

So good to see the fans united again, now let’s get behind Mowbray, the club is only going one direction now.
10:18, Mon 8 Jan
Unreal news, well done Blues, welcome Tony
10:21, Mon 8 Jan
Very, very happy
Tam
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again, and he's an experienced manager with excellent credentials.

For all of the (often justified) criticism of the decision to bring WR in and the way that it was done, credit has to go to the owners with the way that this appointment has been handle, and in their choice.
Make Blues Great Again
Fantastic

With the resources in the summer I think we're gonna be a very decent team in next few years

The perfect man to piece it all together, he can manage up and manage down

Up the Tony Mowbray
Happy Clapper
10:22, Mon 8 Jan
Sutton probably will, Celtic men
10:23, Mon 8 Jan
Im happy as larry with that
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
Nikola Zigic
Shuttleworth walked didn't he?

Cole and O'Shea probably staying as coaches? I don't think either were assitant to Rooney were they?

Both First Team Coaches.

I always thought Cole was assistant manager for some reason...
We are so very fortunate that Sunderland stepped on the rake and fired Mowbray when they did. What on earth were they thinking? They had no money to spend and his team were loans and younsters and they were 3 points off the play offs.
Anyhow, great appointment of a great bloke and I could not be happier right now. Well done to Wagner and Cook for promptly fixing this tricky period we found ourselves in.
10:25, Mon 8 Jan
First reaction from Makem land

[www.readytogo.net]
10:25, Mon 8 Jan
Tam
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again.

tbf it wasn’t on the table when they dispensed with JE, this looks like a decent appointment from the list of candidates intimated - stability needs to be achieved first, get us on the right footing to go forward. history will show the WR appointment as the car crash most predicted it would be, wrong man at definitely the wrong time

hopefully Mowbray can bring an aptitude and calmness to it all with a steely determination to win football matches
10:27, Mon 8 Jan
First reaction from Makem land

[www.readytogo.net]

"Good appointment though I do wonder if Birmingham is the right club, as they’re a basket case."

😂
Tam
10:28, Mon 8 Jan
derbyblue
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again.

tbf it wasn’t on the table when they dispensed with JE
, this looks like a decent appointment from the list of candidates intimated - stability needs to be achieved first, get us on the right footing to go forward. history will show the WR appointment as the car crash most predicted it would be, wrong man at definitely the wrong time

hopefully Mowbray can bring an aptitude and calmness to it all with a steely determination to win football matches

No it wasn't, but I think that the mindset from the club was entirely different then and that Rooney was their man, no matter who else was available, within reason.
Make Blues Great Again