If I wasn't a STH I don't think I'd be going.

A 6 week month between pay days, about 5 family birthdays this month including my son. It's tough.

No shame to anyone who struggles in January, worst month of the year.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:56, Mon 8 Jan
Yeah if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't be able to make this one

There is precisely zero chance of it being a bumper crowd
Happy Clapper
12:24, Mon 8 Jan
I've spoken to one Baggies and one Blackburn fan.

Both spoke highly of him and thought his sacking was crazy.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
12:26, Mon 8 Jan
I predict a crowd of 21k plus.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
Brilliant news. I think he's exactly what we need to progress.

I noted he's already said he's looking forward to working with such a talented group (not wanting to compare to Rooney but he didn't even seem to know who the players were when he came in).
12:44, Mon 8 Jan
A great appointment and what we need to get back in the right direction.
13:28, Mon 8 Jan
newblue
First reaction from Makem land

[www.readytogo.net]
Very fair. And positive for us
Tony Fantastico
13:30, Mon 8 Jan
Tam
Tam
derbyblue
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again.

tbf it wasn’t on the table when they dispensed with JE
, this looks like a decent appointment from the list of candidates intimated - stability needs to be achieved first, get us on the right footing to go forward. history will show the WR appointment as the car crash most predicted it would be, wrong man at definitely the wrong time

hopefully Mowbray can bring an aptitude and calmness to it all with a steely determination to win football matches

No it wasn't, but I think that the mindset from the club was entirely different then and that Rooney was their man, no matter who else was available, within reason.
Correct. But to go from Eustace to Mowbray via Rooney in 3 months is a proper upgrade for me.
Tony Fantastico
13:31, Mon 8 Jan
My Blue Heaven
From the outside looking in, that’s probably fair. Whilst we know it’s far from the truth as we know the good that’s been done, but the biggest newsworthy item this season is sacking Eustace and replacing him with Rooney.. I’d think any other club would be mad too
I think the same of them for going Mowbray to Beale
Tony Fantastico
13:33, Mon 8 Jan
Tam
derbyblue
Excellent news. I'm really happy about this. Maybe it wouldn't have been seen as an inspired choice to follow JE, but given the carnage of the last few months under Rooney, this is about the most sensible, well-considered choice that could have been made. He seems to have the sort of persona that should pull fans and players back together again.

tbf it wasn’t on the table when they dispensed with JE
, this looks like a decent appointment from the list of candidates intimated - stability needs to be achieved first, get us on the right footing to go forward. history will show the WR appointment as the car crash most predicted it would be, wrong man at definitely the wrong time

hopefully Mowbray can bring an aptitude and calmness to it all with a steely determination to win football matches

No it wasn't, but I think that the mindset from the club was entirely different then and that Rooney was their man, no matter who else was available, within reason.
Correct. But to go from Eustace to Mowbray via Rooney in 3 months is a proper upgrade for me.

For me too ... there are no guarantees in football obviously, but out of everyone available i can't see any argument that we haven't made the best, most positive appointment in the end - one that should please both the fans, the owners and the players.
13:36, Mon 8 Jan
👍
Tony Fantastico
13:41, Mon 8 Jan
👍

Talking of the owners ... this may be one of the few times in football where they want to spend loads (in the Summer) and the manager may turn round and tell them they'll be pissing money up the wall for no reason when there are better, cheaper, younger options. Who knows ?
13:43, Mon 8 Jan
Rags
👍

Talking of the owners ... this may be one of the few times in football where they want to spend loads (in the Summer) and the manager may turn round and tell them they'll be pissing money up the wall for no reason when there are better, cheaper, younger options. Who knows ?
One interview I heard said Mowbray treats money being spent on players as being his own money. Apparently had a very close relationship with the Blackburn DOF who also went to Sunderland. He’s very frugal. I rate that
Tony Fantastico
TR
13:48, Mon 8 Jan
The most important and positive manager we’ve appointed since Bruce. Just feels right, doesn’t it?
Welcome Tony and good luck! KRO
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!