Last time I was this pleased about a manager appointment it was Karanka…

Think Mowbray will be brilliant for us.
Gazball?
Mozball
Last time I was this pleased about a manager appointment it was Karanka…

Think Mowbray will be brilliant for us.

Being pleased with Karanka was pragmatic for me.

I expected awful dull football but I expected us to challenge at the top end.

We still had lunatic owners though so this isn't comparable really.

This will be good.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:18, Mon 8 Jan
Delighted with this
11:23, Mon 8 Jan
Just checked our fixtures and after Swansea on Saturday our next 3 home league games are:

Middlesbrough
Blackburn
Sunderland

All former Mowbray clubs!

Oh and WBA away!!
Well, this has been kept quiet.
11:26, Mon 8 Jan
Nikola Zigic

Being pleased with Karanka was pragmatic for me.

I expected awful dull football but I expected us to challenge at the top end.

We still had lunatic owners though so this isn't comparable really.

This will be good.

Yeah, same as me really.

I said at the time Karanka had a good pedigree and I thought he would do decent - albeit playing shite.

Mowbray, under this ownership, is a bloody strong managerial appointment and he has never not played watchable football.

The last managerial choice I was so confident about honestly goes all the way back to Ron Saunders - though a lot of that was to do with the villa fans being so pissed off.

Saunders was right bloke, wrong time. I really hope Mowbray is right time, right place.
The appointment everybody wanted.

So I hope everybody remembers that. Forever. 😁
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
11:30, Mon 8 Jan
Really excited by this. Think he'll be the best man manager we've had since Bruce
Barking Poslethwaite

I’m booing him at half time Saturday if we’re not 3-0 up.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Yeah likewise, let’s hope so. Worst case he keeps us up while building a decent platform and playing style for the next man to build on. Best case we really challenge for the top 6 over the next 18 months.
Gazball?
Barking Poslethwaite

It's probably not fair, but if TM doesn't set the world alight with free flowing football and amazing results in the first two months, I think he'll be given more time & patience than Rooney was. Mainly because he has proven he can get teams playing good football, so if it doesn't happen immediately people will have confidence that he'll get there. Rooney did not inspire such confidence from what he displayed at Blues, or his previous track record.

Barring relegation, he'll be our boss into next season - which will give him the summer to build the team/style he wants. It's a long, long road and all that
11:39, Mon 8 Jan
Really excited by this. Think he'll be the best man manager we've had since Bruce

No excuses if it’s not a home sell out this Saturday.
11:41, Mon 8 Jan
Barking Poslethwaite

Yep. He’s not immune from defeats (or runs of poor results) so it all needs to be a bit more low key, just for now. I believe we have enough good players (with maybe some strengthening) and a manager who can organise them to get us well up the league, but it’s not a given, especially not at first.
11:41, Mon 8 Jan
There is, it's the middle of January, it's a effing tough month for many and tickets aren't cheap.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Nikola Zigic
There is, it's the middle of January, it's a effing tough month for many and tickets aren't cheap.

Thank you. A lot of us are struggling financially.