09:23, Mon 18 Mar
Spike
I also disagree about Carsley. Pointless.

I disagree too about now not being the right time to discuss ambitious plans - people need to keep being reminded that there is a much bigger picture and the more things people have to look forward to the better. If we have to take a step back to take a huge leap forwards, so be it. It's not ideal but still worthwhile in the long term.

Obviously I ain't having Rowett either. Mayor is right in that - if we did go down that road, and it would be a big if, it would have to be someone with the continuous football philosophy. A return to shithousery would be unwelcome, even in the short term.

I understand where you're coming from Spike. You're a reasonable guy who can see the bigger picture and you're right - we do need to know that there is a bigger picture.

My fear however is that most people aren't as reasonable as you. I know people knock FB groups (and in many ways rightly so), but I also think that they are as indicative of the fanbase as forums like this are. I think should we be in the bottom three it's going to be an iffy time to announce huge infrastructure plans etc when all people care about is what is happening right now.
09:25, Mon 18 Mar
I'm not convinced he comes in and rips it up, he's not Pulis, he does at least try and be a little more adventures.

Mayor says about a manager coming in and putting his arm around players to foster belief, who better in our own experience? The week after we lost 8-0 at home to Bournemouth he came in and got the team to draw away at top of the league.

I know exactly what you're saying, if he comes in and wants to go 451/long ball/negative then yeah it won't work. If he comes in and gives them a lift and doesn't change things tactically, but does improve our in game management it could work.

It's all hypothetical, too many variables and what ifs, I could be bang on or I could be way off. Logically I can see a case for it working though.

As I say, hope it's irrelevant and TM is back for Easter.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:25, Mon 18 Mar
A replacement now would be a beautiful example of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Pointless even at the start. Our players have very small brains and cannot cope with change. There’s no evidence they can cope with stability either, actually.

If Mowbray is too knackered to return or has reconsidered his life’s path, change it, if not, soldier on.

We only need updates on his health if the initial estimate/prognosis has changed.
09:26, Mon 18 Mar
Agree and disagree, on the one hand it reassures fans that they're going nowhere, on the other hand it's likely to just result in "heard it all before" eye rolling from our more cerebrally challenged fans on Facebook.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Playing devils advocate Harry came in and delivered a different playing style to Zola and it worked.

I despise myself for wanting Rowett in but 3 or 4 more games of Venus and we are toast. Plus we have no idea whether either Tony will want to be around to spearhead a league 1 season.
Fat Buddha CBE
A replacement now would be a beautiful example of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Pointless even at the start. Our players have very small brains and cannot cope with change. There’s no evidence they can cope with stability either, actually.

If Mowbray is too knackered to return or has reconsidered his life’s path change, in not, soldier on.

We only need updates on his health if the initial estimate/prognosis has changed.

This with bastard bells on.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Agreed, which is why I don't think we can consider a replacement. Anyone that comes in should be working with who we've got currently.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:28, Mon 18 Mar
They could reveal all of the ambitious plans and also provide a reassurance that 'this is happening whichever league we're in this season'.

I'm not sure about Carsley, if we're gonna do it I would prefer a more charismatic, experienced figure, but I appreciate it might be hard to find one to come in just for a few games.

Hopefully this is all academic and we get an update on Mowbray in the coming weeks and he's back for the bank holiday
Happy Clapper
Nikola Zigic
Agree and disagree, on the one hand it reassures fans that they're going nowhere, on the other hand it's likely to just result in "heard it all before" eye rolling from our more cerebrally challenged fans on Facebook.

Yeah, I think that's a fair point.
Ian Holloway
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:30, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Ian Holloway

I think I'd be happier with that than Rowett.
09:31, Mon 18 Mar
I very much doubt there are many Blues fans who care about style of play in the remaining games other than the points tally it accumulates.

All the best to Tony on his recovery.
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Ian Holloway

I think I'd be happier with that than Rowett.

😂

Charismatic, plays the way we want.

Agree though, maybe five years ago.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
As bad as relegation would be, I think our long term ambitions would be better served giving Mowbray a fresh slate in League 1 than bringing in another sticking plaster now and someone else next season where there's no guarantee it would work or that we'd even be in the Championship either way.

The only worry is if at the end of all this, and we do go down, if Mowbray isn't up for it given he hates being away from the North East.
Tilton Rifle
I very much doubt there are many Blues fans who care about style of play in the remaining games other than the points tally it accumulates.

All the best to Tony on his recovery.

It's not about what the fans want, it's what the players are capable of. We don't have the squad for Monk/Bowyer football. We've got to play our way out of this.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H