10:47, Mon 18 Mar
Amy T
I’m honestly just impressed everyone has managed to completely gloss over someone casually suggesting we get effing Bielsa in for an 8 game relegation scrap

Yeah that was a bit left-field I thought.
That's what can happen when the pressure is ramped up by league position.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:54, Mon 18 Mar
Tilton Rifle
I very much doubt there are many Blues fans who care about style of play in the remaining games other than the points tally it accumulates.

All the best to Tony on his recovery.

Absolutely.

Tippy tappy, front foot shoite and lose again.

Or park the bus 451 borefest and not lose.

In the perilous position we are in we have to scramble some points.
10:57, Mon 18 Mar
No guarantees at all that we won't lose if we park the bus. I'm not confident out back 4 can soak up pressure they'd invite for 90 minutes.
11:13, Mon 18 Mar
I don’t know how many times it needs saying that we do not currently have the squad to play 451 park the bus football.
11:23, Mon 18 Mar
These players have shown in spells under Eustace and TM, they are perfectly capable of playing football, winning games and thus collecting points.

I would just pay for Dr Steve Peters (Chimp Paradox) and/or Derren Brown to come in and get their heads sorted until TM is back. Steve can deal with motivation and confidence and Derren can hypnotise the others to believe they are Prem footballers (and to make clucking sounds when they run). Might be time to wheel in Ton Brady to give them a good talking to and/or a few drops of snake oil.

If TM is unable (or unwilling) to return due to his health we can install a new team come the close season.

Villa Rowett is definitely not the answer to any Blues-related problem. Wrong playing style and he used to break out the pipe, slippers and deckchair come the end of Feb when he managed us before.
11:33, Mon 18 Mar
The solution is not a light entertainer from 15 years ago, nor is it implying our seriously ill manager is 'unwilling' to return. Jesus H Fecking christ.
11:36, Mon 18 Mar
😂
Fat Buddha CBE
A replacement now would be a beautiful example of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Pointless even at the start. Our players have very small brains and cannot cope with change. There’s no evidence they can cope with stability either, actually.

If Mowbray is too knackered to return or has reconsidered his life’s path, change it, if not, soldier on.

We only need updates on his health if the initial estimate/prognosis has changed.

Accept of course the results in the first quarter of the season under JE.
11:49, Mon 18 Mar
Great article once again.

Fundamentally all we need to know is the plan for relegation.
I've gone past the blame culture now as we have just not been good enough and the table doesn't lie.

What would be beneficial is to hear something from the club in reference to the R word and also TM as the silence at the moment is quite deafening.
If we do go down I would like to see a significant reduction in season tickets and the promise of maintaining that figure upon promotion, obviously for the ones who have stuck through this.

I sincerely hope that we do stay up but I have a sick feeling this will be the year, however it will result in a full scale clear out and the recruitment of young hopefuls.

Lets see what happens.
11:54, Mon 18 Mar
If they’re serious about us and our ambitions, which I think they are, then you’d like to hope they’ve got a contingency plan for relegation. Whatever happens and whichever league we’re in, the recruitment has got to be much better. I’d hope with a bit of money to spend we can move away from injury prone players, and players on frees that no one else wants.
12:00, Mon 18 Mar
Take a feckin chill pill Oldham.

I was meaning unwilling in the context of his own future health and well being. I wish TM nothing but well and said when we found out he was ill, I would prefer him to take as long as he needs (or to walk away completely) rather than jeopardise his future health.
12:06, Mon 18 Mar
Oldham
The solution is not a light entertainer from 15 years ago, nor is it implying our seriously ill manager is 'unwilling' to return. Jesus H Fecking christ.
Blues actually tried that once. Harry Roberts wrote about it. Brought in the hypnotist Romark. We then went about six matches without scoring.

Then there was the time Reading brought in Uri Geller to help at half-time against us and we won 1-0 - but then didn't win away again for a year, so maybe his was a delayed, if long-term, reaction.
12:18, Mon 18 Mar
I don't think we should panic until after the Cardiff and Coventry games.
At that point it's fine.

At the moment we risk blowing our load early.
12:26, Mon 18 Mar
bluearmyfaction
Oldham
Blues actually tried that once. Harry Roberts wrote about it. Brought in the hypnotist Romark. We then went about six matches without scoring.

Then there was the time Reading brought in Uri Geller to help at half-time against us and we won 1-0 - but then didn't win away again for a year, so maybe his was a delayed, if long-term, reaction.

Yeah but, impressively, Uri did manage to bend one of the goalposts
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
12:27, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Good read as always Mayor, thank you.

I disagree regarding Carsley as I don't see what improvement he brings to match-days. He has as much Championship managerial experience as Venus, i.e. not much.

I'm just not sure how he creates a spark or change to grind out results.

Please ugnore my previous with the bloke please when I say this, it's an attempt to be objective, but I can't see past Rowett as a sensible caretaker should it be required.

Knows the club, has an excellent track record at avoiding relegation and I don't think he has any expectation of getting the job full time. He knows they have grander plans than that.

If it's anyone, I can't see a better candidate than him. Hopefully it's not needed.

Forgive my previous with the bloke, but just no to Rowett.

His playing style is different to what we're trying to develop and it would create too much confusion and mixed messages.

Asking for a friend

So you would prefer relegation over a temporary compromise of ideals?

A lot of these players would be off should we go down anyway.