09:32, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Ian Holloway

I think I'd be happier with that than Rowett.

Can I ask why? Footballing reasons or personal?
I admire your optimism. But the evidence on the pitch makes me wonder where the next win is coming from. QPR will be very tough with our away form, QPR's improved form and Paik and Bacuna likely unavailable. Maybe a slice of luck during a match will go our way like a penalty or a sending off. I hope I am wrong and you are right. I really do.

QPR will be tough because all games are tough but their form over recent games is poor. The resurgence was short lived.
Tilton Rifle
I very much doubt there are many Blues fans who care about style of play in the remaining games other than the points tally it accumulates.

All the best to Tony on his recovery.

It's not about the fans caring the way we play.

It's about the players being able to cope with another change in tactics / formation / style.
Let’s hope so.

I’m not against anything happening or anyone coming in. I’m not afraid to say it but I think relegation this season would be horrendous. League 1 isn’t a playground it’s a graveyard.

We’d lose all our “better” players, including the ones we’d be keen to keep, Paik, miyoshi, laird, Buchanan

We need to stay up at all costs. If that means playing 541 and shit housing I don’t mind. It’s short term.

However I pray uncle Tony makes a return, if he’s up to it and it galvanises us all. There’s an enough to play for.
09:33, Mon 18 Mar
Similar situation to when redknapp came. The players just need a boost and belief that someone they know has been there and done it. An inspirational name more than anything.

On the whole I'd be against it but just to throw a name out there. Marcelo Bielsa.

One of the biggest names in football, previous championship experience, plays attacking football and semi available alongside his Uruguay national team gig. Pie in the sky but if they were looking to bring someone in as a short term figurehead I'd be trying to go all in there.
QPR's improved form and Paik and Bacuna likely unavailable

And Dozzell
Happy Clapper
I can’t go along with this idea that bringing in an interim manager who doesn’t wholly subscribe to our current playing style is somehow unthinkable. Surely football is a little more nuanced than that? It’s not a case of shithousery versus playing through the lines and nothing in between. We’re facing a massive squad upheaval in the summer any way.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
09:34, Mon 18 Mar
Same, there are zero positives to going down imo, whilst I actually think we'd come straight back there's no guarantee, we need to stay up and kick on. The situation is pretty desperate, we don't look like winning a game.
Happy Clapper
09:36, Mon 18 Mar
A coach who would fit in and act as a leader probably doesnt make much difference, Ashley Cole and Venus have stepped up and are doing that (how well is up for debate)

If you do it...you bring in someone with a presence who will ruffle feathers by doing the job you want them to and lead...Warnock etc

You wouldn't get TM's blessing on that though, which would be understandable
09:37, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
Tilton Rifle
I very much doubt there are many Blues fans who care about style of play in the remaining games other than the points tally it accumulates.

All the best to Tony on his recovery.

It's not about the fans caring the way we play.

It's about the players being able to cope with another change in tactics / formation / style.

It's a simpler style and most were playing it at the start of the season.

Like you said in your blog it's galling how they seem to have no ability to implement what they know as soon as the manager is absent. This shows that it's the manager, his charisma and the belief they have in him/protection he gives them from their own fears that matters most.

Let's hope it's moot and Tony is back soon anyway.
Do you think it's a given we lose all of them?

I'm not 100% sure. They're on contracts and likely sustainable money.

We won't need to sell will we?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:39, Mon 18 Mar
For me, all teams/clubs irrespective of their footballing philosophy should and will adopt a style to grind out results with the exception of the elite.

There’s no shame playing like Wimbledon for a few games to get a couple of wins
Paik and miyoshi want international football, won’t happen in the 3rd tier. Bielik the same.

Buchanan walked on Derby, laird I can’t see him wanting to play in it either.

Our revenue will also be down, sponsorship money likely to drop along with tv money. I think it’s absolutely it would be devastating

Obviously I don’t know all this but it’s what my gut tells me

I think we will be ok, we have to be.

I hope
09:42, Mon 18 Mar
Pragmatically this is the only reasonable opinion isn't it. Philosophy doesn't matter short-term, survival does.
09:42, Mon 18 Mar
Agreed. Bacuna is our Robbie Earle (what an underrated player he was).