12:31, Mon 18 Mar
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Good read as always Mayor, thank you.

I disagree regarding Carsley as I don't see what improvement he brings to match-days. He has as much Championship managerial experience as Venus, i.e. not much.

I'm just not sure how he creates a spark or change to grind out results.

Please ugnore my previous with the bloke please when I say this, it's an attempt to be objective, but I can't see past Rowett as a sensible caretaker should it be required.

Knows the club, has an excellent track record at avoiding relegation and I don't think he has any expectation of getting the job full time. He knows they have grander plans than that.

If it's anyone, I can't see a better candidate than him. Hopefully it's not needed.

Forgive my previous with the bloke, but just no to Rowett.

His playing style is different to what we're trying to develop and it would create too much confusion and mixed messages.

Asking for a friend

So you would prefer relegation over a temporary compromise of ideals?

A lot of these players would be off should we go down anyway.

Ask people my reaction to the Harry Redknapp appointment.
12:39, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

I disagree regarding Carsley as I don't see what improvement he brings to match-days. He has as much Championship managerial experience as Venus, i.e. not much.

Please ugnore my previous with the bloke please when I say this, it's an attempt to be objective, but I can't see past Rowett as a sensible caretaker should it be required.

Knows the club, has an excellent track record at avoiding relegation and I don't think he has any expectation of getting the job full time. He knows they have grander plans than that.

If it's anyone, I can't see a better candidate than him. Hopefully it's not needed.

His playing style is different to what we're trying to develop and it would create too much confusion and mixed messages.

Asking for a friend

A point worth making twice.

I dpn't think we need to make massive ethical compromises. If Mowbray isn't back after Easter we will need to bring in someone for the final few games.
12:47, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Asking for a friend

Is Rowett comparable to Redknapp for you? Different eggs surely.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:51, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Asking for a friend

No, but I don’t want him back.
13:05, Mon 18 Mar
If Tony isn't going to be fit enough to return for QPR he might have a colleague to recommend as an interim leader. If not the players might find motivation in a £100,000 staying up bonus. People are motivated by different things, these players are not Blues fans, they are hired employees doing a job (terribly) for income, a huge pay off may encourage them to perform more effectively.
13:07, Mon 18 Mar
How about do your fecking job as your already being paid over the odds and in a privileged position.
13:12, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Asking for a friend

No, but I don’t want him back.

Even if it means league one? Let’s be honest if TM can’t comeback (IN TIME) i think it’s safe to say what we’ve seen under Venus it hardly fills you with confidence we will stay up, especially tactically and in game management which is critical without TM.

For me it’s simple, this week we need to ask the question, we need to pretty much give TM a choice, if you can’t comeback (for me no later than after the QPR game however that pans out) we have to get someone in who’s capable of getting us over line, as harsh as that is to a lovely chap like him, but blues future is way more important than whether he gets the hump about us rolling the dice on the clubs future.
Each passing game is piling on more pressure for a result in the next game!
We need a manager and we need one asap!
13:17, Mon 18 Mar
mr_crosby
How about do your fecking job as your already being paid over the odds and in a privileged position.

Trouble is they are not capable of playing the style of football being demanded of them. Everyone is moaning about the players but still think they should be more capable when they are not. Eustace saw that, told the board as much, and was sacked for it.

We've tried to put the cart before the horse and play a style we don't yet have the players for. I don't think changing style now under an interim would confuse matters. It would be easier for these players to understand.

In any event there are hybrid styles. It's not that binary.

And change our fundamental style to a passing game once we have better players. Let's just stay up for now.
13:28, Mon 18 Mar
Yea i don’t give a toss how we stay up, how ugly it is etc as long as we do. With 8 games to go it is irrelevant, get over the line then spend pre season building a squad capable of playing a certain way.

If 3 of those points can come from beating Cov then even better.
13:31, Mon 18 Mar
mr_crosby

Why has no one ever had this idea before
13:36, Mon 18 Mar
Bluestaines
mr_crosby

Trouble is they are not capable of playing the style of football being demanded of them. Everyone is moaning about the players but still think they should be more capable when they are not. Eustace saw that, told the board as much, and was sacked for it.

We've tried to put the cart before the horse and play a style we don't yet have the players for. I don't think changing style now under an interim would confuse matters. It would be easier for these players to understand.

In any event there are hybrid styles. It's not that binary.

And change our fundamental style to a passing game once we have better players. Let's just stay up for now.

We signed 3 midfielders in January to be able to play the TM way, Paik, Dozzell and Pritchard. The problem in this latest run of form isn't just TM being unavailable, but that he'd hit on an effective centre back pairing in Bielik and Roberts with Paik and Dozzell in front of them. We were able to play good football and be dominant in the Blackburn and Sunderland games. Since then we've had about 8 different pairings at centre back, none of which are capable of playing out which has disrupted the entire foundation of how TM had got them playing.
I think Bielik being back for QPR could be bigger and more important than TM being back then.
Inspector Montalbano
If Tony isn't going to be fit enough to return for QPR he might have a colleague to recommend as an interim leader. If not the players might find motivation in a £100,000 staying up bonus. People are motivated by different things, these players are not Blues fans, they are hired employees doing a job (terribly) for income, a huge pay off may encourage them to perform more effectively.

I absolutely hate the thought of it but yeah, a 100k staying up bonus would do the trick
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:56, Mon 18 Mar
Spike
I also disagree about Carsley. Pointless.

I disagree too about now not being the right time to discuss ambitious plans - people need to keep being reminded that there is a much bigger picture and the more things people have to look forward to the better. If we have to take a step back to take a huge leap forwards, so be it. It's not ideal but still worthwhile in the long term.

Obviously I ain't having Rowett either. Mayor is right in that - if we did go down that road, and it would be a big if, it would have to be someone with the continuous football philosophy. A return to shithousery would be unwelcome, even in the short term.
Yeah that’s pretty much my thoughts. So 👍
Tony Fantastico
13:59, Mon 18 Mar
Agree with delaying the open house until we are safe (🙏🏻) too.
13:59, Mon 18 Mar
jefflynneshair
I can’t go along with this idea that bringing in an interim manager who doesn’t wholly subscribe to our current playing style is somehow unthinkable. Surely football is a little more nuanced than that? It’s not a case of shithousery versus playing through the lines and nothing in between. We’re facing a massive squad upheaval in the summer any way.
Just means ripping up what we do in training and what Venus and Mowbray believe in. Which was the reason we bought them in.
Tony Fantastico