14:01, Mon 18 Mar
My Blue Heaven
For me, all teams/clubs irrespective of their footballing philosophy should and will adopt a style to grind out results with the exception of the elite.

There’s no shame playing like Wimbledon for a few games to get a couple of wins
Problem is we played like Wimbledon last season for months and plenty of times previously over the last decade and the wins still didn’t come.
Tony Fantastico
14:05, Mon 18 Mar
Indefatigable
Tilton Rifle
I very much doubt there are many Blues fans who care about style of play in the remaining games other than the points tally it accumulates.

All the best to Tony on his recovery.

Absolutely.

Tippy tappy, front foot shoite and lose again.

Or park the bus 451 borefest and not lose.

In the perilous position we are in we have to scramble some points.
No style guarantees wins. Us playing the majority of a decade and more in your park the bus borefest style has resulted in numerous relegation battles. It’s nuts to suggest it’s what works or will work for us.
Tony Fantastico
14:06, Mon 18 Mar
All this talk of styles and what not is irrelevant, because fundamentally our current team and squad just don’t do the basics right. I’d be concentrating on getting that right first.
14:07, Mon 18 Mar
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Good read as always Mayor, thank you.

I disagree regarding Carsley as I don't see what improvement he brings to match-days. He has as much Championship managerial experience as Venus, i.e. not much.

I'm just not sure how he creates a spark or change to grind out results.

Please ugnore my previous with the bloke please when I say this, it's an attempt to be objective, but I can't see past Rowett as a sensible caretaker should it be required.

Knows the club, has an excellent track record at avoiding relegation and I don't think he has any expectation of getting the job full time. He knows they have grander plans than that.

If it's anyone, I can't see a better candidate than him. Hopefully it's not needed.

Forgive my previous with the bloke, but just no to Rowett.

His playing style is different to what we're trying to develop and it would create too much confusion and mixed messages.

Asking for a friend

So you would prefer relegation over a temporary compromise of ideals?

A lot of these players would be off should we go down anyway.
A lot will be off if we stay up
Tony Fantastico
14:09, Mon 18 Mar
TaylorJay84
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

I disagree regarding Carsley as I don't see what improvement he brings to match-days. He has as much Championship managerial experience as Venus, i.e. not much.

Please ugnore my previous with the bloke please when I say this, it's an attempt to be objective, but I can't see past Rowett as a sensible caretaker should it be required.

Knows the club, has an excellent track record at avoiding relegation and I don't think he has any expectation of getting the job full time. He knows they have grander plans than that.

If it's anyone, I can't see a better candidate than him. Hopefully it's not needed.

His playing style is different to what we're trying to develop and it would create too much confusion and mixed messages.

Asking for a friend

Ask people my reaction to the Harry Redknapp appointment.

Is Rowett comparable to Redknapp for you? Different eggs surely.

No, but I don’t want him back.

Even if it means league one? Let’s be honest if TM can’t comeback (IN TIME) i think it’s safe to say what we’ve seen under Venus it hardly fills you with confidence we will stay up, especially tactically and in game management which is critical without TM.

For me it’s simple, this week we need to ask the question, we need to pretty much give TM a choice, if you can’t comeback (for me no later than after the QPR game however that pans out) we have to get someone in who’s capable of getting us over line, as harsh as that is to a lovely chap like him, but blues future is way more important than whether he gets the hump about us rolling the dice on the clubs future.
Each passing game is piling on more pressure for a result in the next game!
We need a manager and we need one asap!
Luckily, there is a power in a union
Tony Fantastico
14:11, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Inspector Montalbano
If Tony isn't going to be fit enough to return for QPR he might have a colleague to recommend as an interim leader. If not the players might find motivation in a £100,000 staying up bonus. People are motivated by different things, these players are not Blues fans, they are hired employees doing a job (terribly) for income, a huge pay off may encourage them to perform more effectively.

I absolutely hate the thought of it but yeah, a 100k staying up bonus would do the trick
No offence to anyone but most people on here have compared how normal I really am.
What. A. Thread.
eff me
Tony Fantastico
14:25, Mon 18 Mar
Normal for Netherton maybe.
14:33, Mon 18 Mar
I’m not from Netherton baa baa
Tony Fantastico
14:42, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
TaylorJay84
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
JourneyOn
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Asking for a friend

Ask people my reaction to the Harry Redknapp appointment.

Is Rowett comparable to Redknapp for you? Different eggs surely.

No, but I don’t want him back.

Even if it means league one? Let’s be honest if TM can’t comeback (IN TIME) i think it’s safe to say what we’ve seen under Venus it hardly fills you with confidence we will stay up, especially tactically and in game management which is critical without TM.

For me it’s simple, this week we need to ask the question, we need to pretty much give TM a choice, if you can’t comeback (for me no later than after the QPR game however that pans out) we have to get someone in who’s capable of getting us over line, as harsh as that is to a lovely chap like him, but blues future is way more important than whether he gets the hump about us rolling the dice on the clubs future.
Each passing game is piling on more pressure for a result in the next game!
We need a manager and we need one asap!
Luckily, there is a power in a union

I just want to stay up Rab, I don’t care if that’s TM, Rowett or You in charge, eff me put Sunik on the touc line if he gets wins.
But we need someone on the sideline who can manage the players and make in game adjustments like basic subs etc, because as is Venus can’t, and my takeaway from the last few games is that’s been crucial, because I dare say no matter how crap we’ve been we may of nicked some points rather than 0 points.

I love TM and wish him well, but that comes after my love for blues and us needing to stay up, keep it as is and we’re down imo.

As for the snake Rowett, these owners have no affiliation to him, if he’s offered 6/7/8 games and £250k to do the job, I don’t care if he does it playing the crappest football ever and pisses off afterwards to buy countless V neck jumpers.
The style and philosophy can come in the summer , right now we need points that’s the priority.
14:44, Mon 18 Mar
We should have got points in the last 3 games regardless of Venus
Tony Fantastico
14:47, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
We should have got points in the last 3 games regardless of Venus

We should yes, even if we had drawn all 4 we would of been more clearer than we are now, but somehow we are plucking defeats out of what worst should be draws 🤦‍♂️
His subs and in game management is abysmal mate, he looked broken on the sideline Saturday, sat there in the dugout watching that little tablet, he might aswel just watch Netflix for what good he’s doing on a match day 😬
14:53, Mon 18 Mar
Le Mod
QPR's improved form and Paik and Bacuna likely unavailable

And Dozzell
I guess that means James and Gardner or Aiwu..
14:54, Mon 18 Mar
James and Sunjic as the 2 I imagine.
14:56, Mon 18 Mar
Your right. Forgot about Sunjic. That sounds OK ish.
14:56, Mon 18 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
James and Sunjic as the 2 I imagine.
I might sell my ticket 🤮
Tony Fantastico