09:42, Mon 18 Mar
David Xavis
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
Ian Holloway

I think I'd be happier with that than Rowett.

Can I ask why? Footballing reasons or personal?

Cos I don't want Rowett back. Same way I don't want Neil Warnock within a hundred miles of the club.
09:42, Mon 18 Mar
There’s no shame playing like Wimbledon for a few games to get a couple of wins

Think the issue is we don't really have a squad built for it, and it's not like we've been expansive in the last 3 games, if anything we've gone into our shell, not conceded that many chances as a result, but not scored a goal and lost 0-1 three times, but I get your point.
Happy Clapper
09:44, Mon 18 Mar
" The bigger issue right now appears to be that without Tony Mowbray at the helm, the players have lost all confidence in how to play football. "

From what I saw on Saturday what you've said above isn't the case.
In my opinion it was a case of we didn't get what we deserved.
I thought we played well enough to earn a point at least. 52% possession, 26 shots.
Our problem was we only had 4 of those 26 on target.
A bit more composure and less snatching at chances is the issue.
I'm not sure we need to bring in anyone on an interim basis. If that means that Venus and Cole hold the reins for the rest of the season, as the gaffer continues his recovery, then I'll back them.
Just my take on it.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:48, Mon 18 Mar
I think that's fair. We've had some bad luck.

The worrying thing for me is the lack of leadership on the pitch.

If there was more then I reckon we'd be able to keep our heads and grind out results.

The lack of pitch leaders means we're even more reliant on Tony. I don't know what Venus and Cole are like in terms of charisma in the dressing room but it seems to me that we're really missing it.
09:48, Mon 18 Mar
Yeah the Wimbledon think is the extreme, and dramatic

But if we need to revert to lumping to juke and playing off second balls so be it
09:49, Mon 18 Mar
generalBlue
" The bigger issue right now appears to be that without Tony Mowbray at the helm, the players have lost all confidence in how to play football. "

I thought we played well enough to earn a point at least. 52% possession, 26 shots.
I'm not sure we need to bring in anyone on an interim basis. If that means that Venus and Cole hold the reins for the rest of the season, as the gaffer continues his recovery, then I'll back them.
Just my take on it.

Right now our issue is we can't score goals. We make a stupid mistake, concede and heads drop. We were lucky not to go into the break 2-0 down, we had switched off after conceding and only a good save from Ruddy stopped it from being worse.

We had chances, but consistently players seem to make the wrong decisions. Sometimes it feels like we're trying to walk it in when an early shot might be a better idea, especially with lots of bodies in the box which could cause deflections and ricochets.

We seem to lack urgency and movement, so often you'd see Aiwu or Buchanan with the ball in front of our box desperately looking for someone in space to move the ball to, with everyone being fairly static. This then switches on about 70 minutes to panic stations cos we might lose, and then we start desperately trying to do something to change the situation.

I think we could be okay if the players had a little bit more belief and confidence. It's clear they're missing Mowbray to me - but it's also galling that they can't cope without that metaphorical arm around their shoulders.
09:51, Mon 18 Mar
My Blue Heaven
Yeah the Wimbledon think is the extreme, and dramatic

But if we need to revert to lumping to juke and playing off second balls so be it

I'm assuming Juke is injured for a while, but even if he isn't, I'm not sure he's very effective anymore and we got worse when he came on the other day, which has happened most times this season. Anyway, 2 weeks is a long time so fingers crossed we get some good news.
Happy Clapper
09:54, Mon 18 Mar
I agree, the 70 min changes killed us Saturday

Miyoshi and James had just combined with our best move and both were hooked

It set us back. I’m being romantic about Juke as I’m desperate
09:56, Mon 18 Mar
My Blue Heaven
I’m being romantic about Juke as I’m desperate

What about the football?
10:29, Mon 18 Mar
El Mayor
generalBlue

Just my take on it.

Right now our issue is we can't score goals. We make a stupid mistake, concede and heads drop. We were lucky not to go into the break 2-0 down, we had switched off after conceding and only a good save from Ruddy stopped it from being worse.

We had chances, but consistently players seem to make the wrong decisions. Sometimes it feels like we're trying to walk it in when an early shot might be a better idea, especially with lots of bodies in the box which could cause deflections and ricochets.

We seem to lack urgency and movement, so often you'd see Aiwu or Buchanan with the ball in front of our box desperately looking for someone in space to move the ball to, with everyone being fairly static. This then switches on about 70 minutes to panic stations cos we might lose, and then we start desperately trying to do something to change the situation.

I think we could be okay if the players had a little bit more belief and confidence. It's clear they're missing Mowbray to me - but it's also galling that they can't cope without that metaphorical arm around their shoulders.

Some of that's fair. But I think some of your concerns have been amplified out of proportion
I've got a bit more belief in the players and in Venus/Cole.
Really don't see what Carsley could do to improve us in such a short spell.
We need to hold our nerve and go with what we've got. If the gaffer's health allows his return to the fold then that's a real bonus.
Obviously we need more performances like the Watford game rather than the Boro one.
I think we'll be ok.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:34, Mon 18 Mar
I’m honestly just impressed everyone has managed to completely gloss over someone casually suggesting we get effing Bielsa in for an 8 game relegation scrap
10:42, Mon 18 Mar
I’m honestly just impressed everyone has managed to completely gloss over someone casually suggesting we get effing Bielsa in for an 8 game relegation scrap

Mourinho was my first thought, he's not up to much at the moment
10:44, Mon 18 Mar
NouCamp

Mourinho was my first thought, he's not up to much at the moment

Klopp’s leaving Liverpool at the end of the season anyway, get him in early
10:45, Mon 18 Mar
Not the time to launch a 'blow peoples minds' Open House until we are mathematically safe.

An egg on face moment (again) if we then get relegated.

Top of the Boards list should be the football basic of getting the product on the pitch right (no more made of glass players).

Then the big plans can follow.