Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Ron Saunders

How many times has Rowett been promoted in his 12 year managerial career?

Yes but he can take time off to train for and run a marathon.
Naturally most of us want TM to return, but assuming this isnt going to happen name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett?
10:24, Tue 7 May
Rowett will never be the answer longterm for this ownership model. They want progressive football that so many call good football. This is not Rowett. Rowett has the ability to produce teams that compete and compete well, however when Blues need to beat teams who are set up not to lose they struggle. Rowett would struggle to win enough games, and the entertainment on offer would not fit the owners ideals.
10:25, Tue 7 May
tiltonbilly
At the risk of being pilloried by the righteous, I would strongly suggest that if we in fact do have to source a new competent manager Mr G Cook is specifically excluded from all forms of decision making in this matter . We have seen the results

No. That’s his job, to oversee this. If someone makes an error in their job, they own it& learn from it- which is what they will do.
10:25, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
Who do you choose instead then, that has a record of taking teams to promotion?
Hasselbaink 😉
Tony Fantastico
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Lots of rumours about this happening today. No thanks.
I’m off this week. If this happens it’ll serious ruin my week
Tony Fantastico
10:26, Tue 7 May
The only brief in my eyes next season is promotion, I think Rowett will be well placed to achieve that.

For all those saying no to Rowett name a viable alternative?
Ron Saunders
Same question who do you want as manager that is out there and available?

Why do they have to be available?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
10:27, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
Naturally most of us want TM to return, but assuming this isnt going to happen name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett?

Any one of a hundred managers that play attractive,attacking football
10:28, Tue 7 May
If TM isn't coming back we are an EXTREMELY attractive job in a very small market (i.e. a club with genuine potential again).

There will be a list of managers as long as your arm, including some you wouldn't think would be interested, who will be tarting up the CV just in case.

We've had all these arguments a million times, most notably when people said who would we get to replace Lee Clark...

Rowett had better be nowhere near the effing job or else all this anticipation and excitement is going to be sucked out the place.
10:29, Tue 7 May
roger hynd
Ron Saunders

Any one of a hundred managers that play attractive,attacking football
Exactly. We’re going to be facing teams who sit with 10 behind the ball most weeks. Rowett struggles to break such teams down. Rotherham a fantastic example.
Yet people want him to get the job. Ludicrous
Tony Fantastico
10:30, Tue 7 May

name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett

Rosie Jones
Liz Truss
Me

In that order
A rowett promotion (even if he did achieve it, which I’d seriously doubt) would be like that awful McLeish one in 08/09, and we all know how that made most of us feel.
Rags

name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett

Rosie Jones
Me
😂👍
Tony Fantastico
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Ron Saunders
Same question who do you want as manager that is out there and available?

Why do they have to be available?

Okay rephase the question who out there do you want, that would realistically come?

(we know the likes of Potter and the old forest guy didnt fancy it)