20:04, Tue 7 May
KRO1970
Snoop
quark
I know i started this thread so its obvious i think its important for a statement to come out.
Just looking at the length of this thread it seems quite a few agree.
I cant believe the club doesn't know whats going on.
Surely the manager needs to be involved with recruitment, and we have a lot of holes to fill.
Next year will be tough enough. We cant afford to have other clubs getting the drop on us with the best loans and signings

But of course we don't necessarily know what is happening in the club.

The club might well know exactly what is going on and the manager for next season might be having some impact on recruitment plans. Just timing considerations we aren't aware of mean they haven't gone public yet.

Which all points to Rowett being manager next season, especially as we haven't issued any statement thanking him for returning as interim

This is a big one for me. I wouldn't expect a big song an dance as we didn't stay up, but an acknowledgement that rowetts time as interim is over should have been posted by now.
20:04, Tue 7 May
Yes. And I’m clinging to it
Tony Fantastico
20:05, Tue 7 May
tandreou
KRO1970
Snoop
quark
I know i started this thread so its obvious i think its important for a statement to come out.
Just looking at the length of this thread it seems quite a few agree.
I cant believe the club doesn't know whats going on.
Surely the manager needs to be involved with recruitment, and we have a lot of holes to fill.
Next year will be tough enough. We cant afford to have other clubs getting the drop on us with the best loans and signings

But of course we don't necessarily know what is happening in the club.

The club might well know exactly what is going on and the manager for next season might be having some impact on recruitment plans. Just timing considerations we aren't aware of mean they haven't gone public yet.

Which all points to Rowett being manager next season, especially as we haven't issued any statement thanking him for returning as interim

This is a big one for me. I wouldn't expect a big song a dance as we didn't stay up, but an acknowledgement that rowetts time as interim is over should have been posted by now.
We’re waiting for him to finish his interviews at Sunderland, Hull and Plymouth
Tony Fantastico
I’m getting less and less confident that’ll be the case.

I’m not sure I can go through a season of Rowett football in league one.
Tam
20:19, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt

I thought that the statement was a little more oblique than that, tbh - I did at the time anyway.
Make Blues Great Again
20:22, Tue 7 May
Tam
Tam
Rab C Nesbitt

I thought that the statement was a little more oblique than that, tbh - I did at the time anyway.
Childish. Respected
Tony Fantastico
20:24, Tue 7 May
Mowbray has clearly had a serious illness of some sort. I don't know what it is.
I very muchhope that his treatment has been a success.

But it's not necessarily a once and done treatment. And even if it is complete there may be a recuperation period, both physically and maybe mentally.

I don't think it is urgent to confirm Mowbray is coming back. We probably have a month where not a lot happens with the players. If Mowbray needs that time to sort himself out and make sure he is up for the challenge that shouldn't be a problem for the club.
The further we get in to June the more problematic it would become. But at the moment we don't need to force an answer. I do think the club needs to set an internal deadline, but that should remain private. What we don't want to do is force a premature answer which is no when at the end of May it would be yes. Or worse get him to commit to the club when he isn't well enough to return.

At the moment i'd hope we are looking at players who can play the way we want to. We can start talks to sign players. They probably won't complete immediately and there may be some players we will target whoever is in charge.
20:30, Tue 7 May
I agree, we don't need to know that TM is 100% fit and healthy now just that he will be by the start of pre season
20:46, Tue 7 May
Remember when TM initially stepped down and we were told it might be 6-8 weeks of leave.

The fat little poison dwarf who writes for the mirror was insinuating at the time TM would never return which had a big group of us up in arms that he felt he had the authority to release more than other sources.

Well it’s now 3 months on and no sign of a return.

It’s a massive shame but TM has to do what is right for him and his family.
20:58, Tue 7 May
I agree it’s likely he’s going to put his health first over football which is the right decision but if they appoint rowett that will be the cherry on the cake on a crap year ! Imagine going to Shrewsbury town to get a 0-0 draw how depressing!
21:02, Tue 7 May
Mowbray has clearly had a serious illness of some sort. I don't know what it is.
I very muchhope that his treatment has been a success.

But it's not necessarily a once and done treatment. And even if it is complete there may be a recuperation period, both physically and maybe mentally.

I don't think it is urgent to confirm Mowbray is coming back. We probably have a month where not a lot happens with the players. If Mowbray needs that time to sort himself out and make sure he is up for the challenge that shouldn't be a problem for the club.
The further we get in to June the more problematic it would become. But at the moment we don't need to force an answer. I do think the club needs to set an internal deadline, but that should remain private. What we don't want to do is force a premature answer which is no when at the end of May it would be yes. Or worse get him to commit to the club when he isn't well enough to return.

At the moment i'd hope we are looking at players who can play the way we want to. We can start talks to sign players. They probably won't complete immediately and there may be some players we will target whoever is in charge.

And what of Venus? Carted unceremoniously out with the rubbish. Being an integral part of the coaching staff I would have thought he be on the periphery, observing, to help Mowbray in his decision making. His absence persuades me we’ve seen the last of them.
I think this is the tell tale sign
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
His absence from where? Aren't the players on hols now the season has finished? Or do you mean he should have been part of Rowett’s team?
Which is why I wanted involved with whoever was chosen to lead the team. Obvious really. Keep Mowbray’s good habits on the training pitch with help on a matchday in leading the team. But folk were happy with Robbo and his pashun. I remember people saying he wouldn’t stand for relegation. Although he put Bournemouth score 8 as a player.
Tony Fantastico