21:38, Tue 7 May
why are we talking about this? isnt the thread about whether mowbray is coming back or not?
21:40, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
The outright arrogance of some of our fans turning their noses up at Rowett because a perceived negative style of football will never cease to amaze me.

By far and away the best performance of the season came in the Coventry game at home with rowett in charge.

He does play a negative style of play though, we were excellent against Coventry because they came on to us and played right in to his hands.

Against teams that sit back and let us have the ball Rowett is fecking useless and that is what the majority of League One will do to us.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:40, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
The outright arrogance of some of our fans turning their noses up at Rowett because a perceived negative style of football will never cease to amaze me.

By far and away the best performance of the season came in the Coventry game at home with rowett in charge.
I’ve been told this Cov win doesn’t count though cos apparently Cov had nothing to play for even though if they’d beaten us and Norwich had lost Cov would have been 2 points behind 6th with a game in hand.
You’re wasting your time with stats/proper analysis. Prejudice counts for far more in these parts
21:41, Tue 7 May
Super Hans
Ron Saunders

He does play a negative style of play though, we were excellent against Coventry because they came on to us and played right in to his hands.

Against teams that sit back and let us have the ball Rowett is fecking useless and that is what the majority of League One will do to us.

Good point that is. I have you as right - we need an attacking manager, I don't mind Rowett, but horses for courses.
Up the feckin Blues
21:42, Tue 7 May
Interested to hear why you think it's ridiculous. His points per game ratio is proved over 500 games.

If he'd come in 6 games earlier we'd have another 7 points (8-1 that Venus got).
21:42, Tue 7 May
Bluubalders
Ron Saunders

I’ve been told this Cov win doesn’t count though cos apparently Cov had nothing to play for even though if they’d beaten us and Norwich had lost Cov would have been 2 points behind 6th with a game in hand.
You’re wasting your time with stats/proper analysis. Prejudice counts for far more in these parts

What were the stats in games where we had equal or more of the ball under Rowett?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:44, Tue 7 May
So if he came in one game earlier we’d have just under 1.5 extra points 😂
Ok yeah. And no one can understand why I say it’s ridiculous to assume and call it proof
Tony Fantastico
21:47, Tue 7 May
Well given that it's impossible to get 1.35 points in a game you have to use your loaf and say that 2 more of Venus' games under Rowett keeps us up.

3 games and it's nailed on. You see how this data thing works? It's crucial for decision making.

It's why I was so chuffed that we got Mowbray. Same points per game as Rowett pretty much but proven over 800 games and playing much more exciting football.
21:49, Tue 7 May
Tilton Rifle
Well given that it's impossible to get 1.35 points in a game you have to use your loaf and say that 2 more of Venus' games under Rowett keeps us up.
That’s not proof either. And is as nailed on as vile winning every game in the Leyland Daf Euro thingy.
What’s happened in the past isn’t proof what will happen in the future
Tony Fantastico
21:49, Tue 7 May
SHAKRO
This is a simple but good question. I think it is important we know sooner rather than later what the situation with mowbray is.

I know for wagner and the board its balancing act they have to get right. not only the decision, if there is a decision to be made but the way they announce anything.

my opinion is playing professional football in the upper echelons of the football pyramid shall we say, as we are not in the championship at the moment. is that the board have to be ruthless with this, the championship and league one will not wait for no one.

i feel bad that tony is unwell and hope he comes back, im not a fan of venus anymore but understand its a package deal, but if we dont hear news this week, then we should be looking for a new manager and hiring one asap.

a football managers job is never done, even when the season has finished. player recruitment needs to be discussed, targets assessed and the process of signing just one player is not simple and can take time.

although we are all human and need a rest and especially if you are ill need a longer rest but i dont think its good enough to wait til june and say players are on their holidays and pre season hasnt started yet so theres no rush.

there is a rush. most of the background work is done after the season is finished before the players return so the manager can concentrate on training and coaching the players in an ideal situation. then the players tend to be signed during pre season and thereafter.

so we really do need a manager now not in june because we will already be playing catch up with other teams by then and if we want the manager to choose the players and not the DOF or TD because a manager/ head coach works better with the players they have chosen not chosen by someone else

I think there's a big difference between between returning to manage full time in pre season and being on the end of a phone (like all other managers at this time of the year) to discuss transfer targets.
21:50, Tue 7 May
Super Hans
Bluubalders
Ron Saunders

What were the stats in games where we had equal or more of the ball under Rowett?
Won 1 , lost 1, drew 1, so your point is?
Edit: for the sake of completeness - of the games where we had less possession we won 2. Lost 2, drew 1. So your point is….?
21:51, Tue 7 May
This threads mental.

TM is still boss, its currently close season. For all we know all this speculation from the press could be causing additional stress on TM and affecting recovery if is intending on returning.

IMO the club don't need to release any statement until pre season where it should be a combined TM Retirement and new manager appointment release - there's no way once TM confirms either way we will go into pre season without a replacement if needed.

Rowett would be absolutely awful. How can anyone who has watched a rowett team, ever, think hed be the right manager to lead a side thats likely to face 11 men behind the ball every single game next season.

He was bought back under 1 simple task - keep us up.
He failed.
Why on earth would we reward failure with a new contract and what will be an even tougher task of promotion?
21:54, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Tilton Rifle
That’s not proof either. And is as nailed on as vile winning every game in the Leyland Daf Euro thingy.

I assumed the proof thing was a joke given that it's impossible to provide actual proof without the benefit of an alternative universe.

If you don't value historical data as a prediction of future performance then what do you value? Tarot cards?
21:54, Tue 7 May
Azza
This threads mental.

TM is still boss, its currently close season. For all we know all this speculation from the press could be causing additional stress on TM and affecting recovery if is intending on returning.

IMO the club don't need to release any statement until pre season where it should be a combined TM Retirement and new manager appointment release - there's no way once TM confirms either way we will go into pre season without a replacement if needed.

Rowett would be absolutely awful. How can anyone who has watched a rowett team, ever, think hed be the right manager to lead a side thats likely to face 11 men behind the ball every single game next season.

He was bought back under 1 simple task - keep us up.
He failed.
Why on earth would we reward failure with a new contract and what will be an even tougher task of promotion?

Linked Image
Rab C Nesbitt
Tilton Rifle

That's quite profound and insightful for you Rab. Reported as hacked account.
Up the feckin Blues