10:44, Tue 7 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Lots of rumours about this happening today. No thanks.

Rumours about Rowett being confirmed as manager? Where from?
10:44, Tue 7 May
Rab C Nesbitt
roger hynd
Ron Saunders
Naturally most of us want TM to return, but assuming this isnt going to happen name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett?

Any one of a hundred managers that play attractive,attacking football
Exactly. We’re going to be facing teams who sit with 10 behind the ball most weeks. Rowett struggles to break such teams down. Rotherham a fantastic example.
Yet people want him to get the job. Ludicrous

I think it comes down to what do you think our biggest issue that we have to address going into next season is.

Is it that we're not good enough on the ball, and should therefore employ someone who can set up technical footballers to play an attacking style and blow lesser teams away?

Or is it that we've not got enough strong leaders and experience within the team nor a good culture to perform consistently, and should therefore employ someone who will address these issues and get the best out of what will be a very strong squad for League One level?

I'm not sure of the answer myself. I know it's possible that we can employ someone who can do both. But as I don't know what sort of managers we'll be attracting and what credentials any names have, we have to trust in Wagner, Cook and Gardner to get this one right. And given the Rooney appointment, people don't. I'm not sure I do either.

Mowbray I think would do both. It's a real shame from a footballing perspective that it's looking unlikely, and my best wishes go out to the man who is a lovely, lovely bloke.

I don't think Rowett is the best option. But I think he would be a solid, safe, stable option who wouldn't see us embarrassed in League One, and I think he'd rebuild the squad with a certain type of player that had we done this season, we probably would not have gone down even with all the upheaval. I don't think it's the way forward long term and I don't think it's the owner's dream. But I don't think it's the worst option that some seem to think either.

The alternative is we gamble on someone who doesn't know the squad and doesn't know it's weaknesses, we sign a team designed to attack, potentially a lot of young players in there. This could be a Will Still type, although that's purely off reputation, I've no idea how he plays and I'm sure that rumour is rubbish. But that kind of manager is what I have in mind for this scenario. Could work and we storm the league - could also end in us getting embarrassed in a competitive league with players who aren't up for the fight every week.

And that is my case for Rowett. I don't think that would happen under his leadership. Alright we might draw a few games we should probably win, maybe we finish in the playoffs. But as a manager who's going to need to oversee a big rebuild and a big culture change, I would want experience since we lack it in our technical director. And if we don't get promoted first season, we can make a change in the close season in a much, much more stable position.

I know the cases against Rowett, you don't need to tell me, he's not my ideal choice. But until someone comes along that we agree is a better option, he's my choice. Ultimately it's not down to us though, and I hope whoever it is, the leadership team get it right.
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Mark Robins is the sort of suggestion we'd absolutely destroy villa fans for making. Not a chance in hell.

Moyes would be a big one for me and feasible.

I'd also look to just take a good manager from someone else. Why do people think you can only appoint unemployed managers?

I'd go for Danny Rohl or John Mousinho for example.
Mad logic there. Can’t get a Championship manager but can get a bloke who keeps finishing top 10 in the Prem

The bloke who's adamant Venus would have kept us up telling me my logic is mad.

Linked Image
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Prove I’m wrong. People haven’t got over a bloke that left not far off a decade ago who they’ve longed for since.
Tony Fantastico
I think Moyes is achievable because he's proven he can do it at the top level, he's proven he can do it in Europe, he's getting on a bit and now he's got a chance to go and do something a bit special. Head up a Project to take a club from a metaphorical bottom to the top.

Well backed financially, big fan base, no need for him to scrape around for another Prem job.
H

Prove you're right
H

10:48, Tue 7 May
His results were pathetic Rab I’m afraid to say.
10:48, Tue 7 May
Yeah I just can't see it. His stint wasn't helped by having Bielik not available which would have made a difference but still.
10:51, Tue 7 May
I hope TM comes back. He is and would be great for the club.

Of others mentioned, Robins has a real affinity for Cov. He won’t leave them. Moyes is experienced but I can’t see a 2 division drop for him.
Will Still would be my choice. 3 year deal, opportunity to build something. He’s well thought of, plays decent football and will want to be a success.

Fingers crossed it’s Tony though.
10:51, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
Naturally most of us want TM to return, but assuming this isnt going to happen name someone you think would be a better bet than Rowett?

If Tony Mowbray does call it a day, he will go with all of out best wishes. I believe that the owners are aware that appointing Rowett would split the fan base. They will want someone that everyone will get behind. A name like Will Still would be popular, but I dont believe that it will be him. Wouldn't be shocked to see an American coach appointed - although that could be a gamble. Mike Keeney is building a decent career in Finland.
10:52, Tue 7 May
My Blue Heaven
His results were pathetic Rab I’m afraid to say.
So we’re Monks at the start of the season he had here. As I’ve said before Hull away, Watford at home, Southampton at home, Millwall away all deserved more points than we got and 3 of them featured scandalous decisions against us. We needed a manager to step in for Tony 💙 not rip up the way we’re being coached
Tony Fantastico
10:53, Tue 7 May
I can't see a way he'd have got 12 points from the 8 games remaining tbh, there was nothing to suggest it
Happy Clapper
10:55, Tue 7 May
Cardiff, Preston, Rovrum, Hudds, Norwich.
All wins. Case closed your honour
Tony Fantastico
10:55, Tue 7 May
Poch will be available this summer no doubt, we should get him in.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
I like the idea of Will Still but not convinced that anyone completely new to English football is a wise decision this summer.
H