21:55, Tue 7 May
KRO1970
SHAKRO
This is a simple but good question. I think it is important we know sooner rather than later what the situation with mowbray is.

I know for wagner and the board its balancing act they have to get right. not only the decision, if there is a decision to be made but the way they announce anything.

my opinion is playing professional football in the upper echelons of the football pyramid shall we say, as we are not in the championship at the moment. is that the board have to be ruthless with this, the championship and league one will not wait for no one.

i feel bad that tony is unwell and hope he comes back, im not a fan of venus anymore but understand its a package deal, but if we dont hear news this week, then we should be looking for a new manager and hiring one asap.

a football managers job is never done, even when the season has finished. player recruitment needs to be discussed, targets assessed and the process of signing just one player is not simple and can take time.

although we are all human and need a rest and especially if you are ill need a longer rest but i dont think its good enough to wait til june and say players are on their holidays and pre season hasnt started yet so theres no rush.

there is a rush. most of the background work is done after the season is finished before the players return so the manager can concentrate on training and coaching the players in an ideal situation. then the players tend to be signed during pre season and thereafter.

so we really do need a manager now not in june because we will already be playing catch up with other teams by then and if we want the manager to choose the players and not the DOF or TD because a manager/ head coach works better with the players they have chosen not chosen by someone else

I think there's a big difference between between returning to manage full time in pre season and being on the end of a phone (like all other managers at this time of the year) to discuss transfer targets.

Agreed, but we dont know whos on the other end of the phone. Is it mowbray, is it nobody?

i dont expect the manager to live at st andrews 24/7
21:56, Tue 7 May
Azza
This threads mental.

TM is still boss, its currently close season. For all we know all this speculation from the press could be causing additional stress on TM and affecting recovery if is intending on returning.

IMO the club don't need to release any statement until pre season where it should be a combined TM Retirement and new manager appointment release - there's no way once TM confirms either way we will go into pre season without a replacement if needed.

Rowett would be absolutely awful. How can anyone who has watched a rowett team, ever, think hed be the right manager to lead a side thats likely to face 11 men behind the ball every single game next season.

He was bought back under 1 simple task - keep us up.
He failed.
Why on earth would we reward failure with a new contract and what will be an even tougher task of promotion?
👏👏👏👏
21:57, Tue 7 May
Tilton Rifle
Rab C Nesbitt
Tilton Rifle
Well given that it's impossible to get 1.35 points in a game you have to use your loaf and say that 2 more of Venus' games under Rowett keeps us up.
That’s not proof either. And is as nailed on as vile winning every game in the Leyland Daf Euro thingy.
What’s happened in the past isn’t proof what will happen in the future

I assumed the proof thing was a joke given that it's impossible to provide actual proof without the benefit of an alternative universe.

If you don't value historical data as a prediction of future performance then what do you value? Tarot cards?
COULD be as accurate over a small sample tbf
Tony Fantastico
21:57, Tue 7 May
Worded it poorly tbf.

The games where we had very little possession:

Norwich
Leicester
Coventry

6 points

Games where possession was either in our favour or similar

QPR
Preston
Cardiff
Rotherham
Huddersfield

5 points

Considering the majority of League One are going to give us the ball, why would you want to employ the bloke with that points return against those sorts of teams?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:59, Tue 7 May
I know which one I'd rely on to recruit and build a team for success.
Super Hans
Worded it poorly tbf.

Norwich
Leicester
Coventry

6 points

QPR
Preston
Cardiff
Rotherham
Huddersfield

5 points

Considering the majority of League One are going to give us the ball, why would you want to employ the bloke with that points return against those sorts of teams?
Exactly. I swear some people have farted their brains out of their arse😬
Hear fecking hear
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
Azza
This threads mental.

TM is still boss, its currently close season. For all we know all this speculation from the press could be causing additional stress on TM and affecting recovery if is intending on returning.

IMO the club don't need to release any statement until pre season where it should be a combined TM Retirement and new manager appointment release - there's no way once TM confirms either way we will go into pre season without a replacement if needed.

Rowett would be absolutely awful. How can anyone who has watched a rowett team, ever, think hed be the right manager to lead a side thats likely to face 11 men behind the ball every single game next season.

He was bought back under 1 simple task - keep us up.
He failed.
Why on earth would we reward failure with a new contract and what will be an even tougher task of promotion?

If this speculation is causing TM stress then he would be in no condition to manage us next season.

I want him back badly but if we can’t guarantee that ASAP then we need to move on, it’s vital we get stability.
Rowett is the safe pair of hands and would foster a good team spirit BUT would be bloody awful from a perspective of winning the league.

I'm sorry but I refuse to go to Northampton Town and play on the counter attack.

He's a sensible unambitious option and one that goes against everything Knighthead have said is the strategy for on field progression.

I'd stomach it but it'd be effectively grim.

Only if we absolutely bloody have to, if not please get someone else.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
22:05, Tue 7 May
Super Hans
Worded it poorly tbf.

Norwich
Leicester
Coventry

6 points

QPR
Preston
Cardiff
Rotherham
Huddersfield

5 points

Fair enough, and I didn’t say I did want to employ him. I was really just pointing out that there are people on here with whom there is no point trying to have a proper “debate” as facts/reason are dismissed in favour of totally unshakeable prejudices.
The Cov performance was superb - certainly one of the best of the season. Certain posters would keel over before admitting that, or will try to downplay it by saying it doesn’t count, simply because of who was manager at the time.
I want Mowbrayball. We had a glimpse of it and it was ace. 25 shots per game please.
22:06, Tue 7 May
Super Hans
Worded it poorly tbf.

Norwich
Leicester
Coventry

6 points

QPR
Preston
Cardiff
Rotherham
Huddersfield

5 points

It’s a ridiculous comparison.

This team is a million miles from one rowett would want and probably what TM would want.

We had no striker and a severe lack of presence all over the pitch.
22:06, Tue 7 May
Tilton Rifle
I know which one I'd rely on to recruit and build a team for success.
That’s an entirely different argument
Tony Fantastico
22:09, Tue 7 May
Tilton Rifle
I want Mowbrayball. We had a glimpse of it and it was ace. 25 shots per game please.
Amen 👍😉
Tony Fantastico
22:10, Tue 7 May
Ron Saunders
Super Hans
Worded it poorly tbf.

Norwich
Leicester
Coventry

6 points

QPR
Preston
Cardiff
Rotherham
Huddersfield

5 points

It’s a ridiculous comparison.

This team is a million miles from one rowett would want and probably what TM would want.

We had no striker and a severe lack of presence all over the pitch.

It’s really not a ridiculous comparison, he was exactly the same when we had Donaldson and Juke up front in his first stint.