07:54, Tue 7 May
I dont think this is a legit account. The club will announce something different soon if they needed to, as it stands I think Tony will be back.
07:55, Tue 7 May
I really don't want Rowett to get the job but I fear we'll do that if Mowbray doesn't come back.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
07:57, Tue 7 May
My fear also. We need to move forward and away from the past now, in almost every single way we can. IF Tony cant come back due to health thats more than fair enough, he needs to be focusing on himself but I think or hope he will be back and he will definitely be more than capable of guiding us forward. I do think if he stays, Pritchard may be one of the surprising players to help make us "tick" in this league.
08:11, Tue 7 May
At the risk of being pilloried by the righteous, I would strongly suggest that if we in fact do have to source a new competent manager Mr G Cook is specifically excluded from all forms of decision making in this matter . We have seen the results
08:13, Tue 7 May
Whatever the facts are, Tony has been treated well by the club and it will be his decision and his alone!

Personally I wish him all the very best.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
At the risk of being pilloried by the righteous, I would strongly suggest that if we in fact do have to source a new competent manager Mr G Cook is specifically excluded from all forms of decision making in this matter . We have seen the results

Cook is a celebrity hunter. Hopefully he’ll use his bonce and seek advice from someone better equipped to identify the next Rohl or Iraola. And then pray they whoever it is wins their first 3 games.
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

Cook is a celebrity hunter. Hopefully he’ll use his bonce and seek advice from someone better equipped to identify the next Rohl or Iraola. And then pray they whoever it is wins their first 3 games.

I doubt the Rooney mistake will be made again
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:28, Tue 7 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

That's it, whoever does get appointed if Mowbray don't come back, will have to hit the ground running, the pressure will be on,imagine the hatred towards Cook if a new man comes in and we lose 4 or 5 in a row, personally I think a lot of what I read about Cook is uncalled for and not nice.
08:34, Tue 7 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

Surely football decisions should be lead by football people like CG or McParland. And that is part of the problem. I'm not sure CG and FM are qualified enough to make the very big choices we need to make this Summer.
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I really don't want Rowett to get the job but I fear we'll do that if Mowbray doesn't come back.

What makes you think the owners would do that? Rowett was hired for a specific brief, which is now over and the brief is now very different.

If the owners do think Rowett is the man to fit our new brief, I'll be very worried about our owners.
09:00, Tue 7 May
Who was responsible for appointing TM? We're all in agreement that was a good pick ignoring the unforeseen non-footballing circumstances that took him out. I think Rowett made sense too given the situation, albeit it didn't work out.

The only major eff up was Rooney and I'd say the club has learnt its lesson.
09:00, Tue 7 May
bluer than blues
Nikola Zigic- FEA

What makes you think the owners would do that? Rowett was hired for a specific brief, which is now over and the brief is now very different.

If the owners do think Rowett is the man to fit our new brief, I'll be very worried about our owners.

If Mowbray doesn't come back, they'll want someone young and prepared to play the football that they want to be associated with.

Someone like Rooney. 😱
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:03, Tue 7 May
Darren Ferguson.

Knows the league inside out, has promotions from it.

Plays attacking football.

Not afraid to play younger players.
Who was responsible for appointing TM? We're all in agreement that was a good pick ignoring the unforeseen non-footballing circumstances that took him out. I think Rowett made sense too given the situation, albeit it didn't work out.

The only major eff up was Rooney and I'd say the club has learnt its lesson.

Rab.
09:06, Tue 7 May
Nigel Clough.