22:43, Tue 21 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
MForssell9
Haircut1000
MForssell9
I just honestly feel so frustrated with Blues & football in general at the moment. We just can’t see out games, we can never get that 2 goal cushion or kill a game.
They get an undeserved equaliser after we missed chance after chance, we show fight to go again & get the winner only for the ref to pull play back for a BS injury. It’s a weird one because I can’t be really fault too much tonight we battled hard and played well, we deserved the victory but didn’t get what we deserved which happens a god damn lot with blues.
When will things go our way for a change, it’s felt like this for 4-5 years now ffs. Fed up.

Make that 8-9 years. I just want a season where we are in with a sniff.
Yeah tbh it has been longer than 5 years but it just seems really really bad since the rowett/zola swap. I just feel tired of constant disappointment. Tonight was a total injustice.
Did you see us win at Brentford?
1 game. I’d like to see the bad luck/good luck even out a bit, we seem to be on the bad end of things far more often.
22:45, Tue 21 Jan
They say good managers tend to be lucky managers
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Super Hans
It’s also incorrect to use those home games to defend Peps selection.

He put Jude out wide in the Wigan debacle with Sunjic and McEachran (where the feck has he been recently?) in the middle.

Against Leeds he again put Jude out wide to accommodate Sunjic and Gardner in the middle

I’d argue that because he’s putting square pegs in square holes away from home we’ve gotten better results, or it’s at least a big part of the reason.

Fans opinions will always differ, I appreciate that, but hopefully they will support the manager at all times until the decision is taken out of our hands à la Rowett and Monk I genuinely think Pep is having a much harder time with the running of this squad/team from things outside of his control than any manager since Ron Saunders and under those circumstances if correct, is doing quite a good job. No proof just a feeling.
Then he shouldn't be such a sap he should tell Dong to keep his clueless nose out
22:55, Tue 21 Jan
I agree with that saying in a way tbh. Look how our fortunes changed with Monk’s short stint coming in after Wurzel, was the one season I’ve enjoyed at blues for a bit.
22:59, Tue 21 Jan
I’d love to see Colin block a cross now and again.
No future.....
23:18, Tue 21 Jan
I agree with that saying in a way tbh. Look how our fortunes changed with Monk’s short stint coming in after Wurzel, was the one season I’ve enjoyed at blues for a bit.

Actually thought the whole season was good even if the start was frustrating and we tailed off at the end. Certainly looked more likely to be near top 6 than we'll ever be while this bloke is manager
23:19, Tue 21 Jan
Bears
I’d love to see Colin block a cross now and again.
I must say I thought he was very slow to get across to the guy
23:28, Tue 21 Jan
We didn’t really miss chance after chance - we missed a couple of half chances but the reality is we didn’t create good chances from having the ball in good positions.

Wrong subs didn’t help - I just think it needs to change.
23:30, Tue 21 Jan
Yeah I enjoyed the full season under Monk, I was meaning it was the one season I’ve enjoyed at blues in a while.
00:31, Wed 22 Jan
It was Pep's fault that we let them back into the game for the equaliser. I'm not sure why he takes Mrabti off every game but it always ends in disaster. With Juke being a hold up centre forward, Mrabti runs in behind which forces the oppositions defence back and creates space in midfield. Every time he comes off we replace him with someone like Crowley (who picks the ball up from deep) or Gimenez (not fast enough to get in behind). This basically means their defence pushes up and gets tight to Juke which crowds the midfield and then forces us backwards which invites pressure from their attackers.

When we're defending deep we're more likely to concede goals, and the only way we'll score is from a quick counter attack which to be fair to him we were robbed of today.

He needs to stop taking Mrabti off, or bring on someone who does the same job as him or we're screwed. I don't think Mrabti is a particularly good player or anything but due to Juke's lack of mobility he is incredibly important and fills the 'in behind' movement role of Che last season. Every game he brings Mrabti off after 60 minutes and every time we look worse when he leaves the pitch. It really does my head in.
07:15, Wed 22 Jan
Sky sports highlights don’t even show the goal, they just show the challenge...

Did all the coaching staff start fighting before the goal went in?? Or did they start fighting cause the goal went in?

If it’s the latter then why on earth are sky not showing the goal!!
07:34, Wed 22 Jan
Brad1875
Sky sports highlights don’t even show the goal, they just show the challenge...

Did all the coaching staff start fighting before the goal went in?? Or did they start fighting cause the goal went in?

If it’s the latter then why on earth are sky not showing the goal!!

It didn’t show it on stream either but I’m assuming the fight starts because Boro’s physio runs on the pitch to treat Tavernier with no call from the Ref so Blues kick off and Boro defend their player and physio. Not entirely sure though
07:38, Wed 22 Jan
Bleach
It was Pep's fault that we let them back into the game for the equaliser. I'm not sure why he takes Mrabti off every game but it always ends in disaster. With Juke being a hold up centre forward, Mrabti runs in behind which forces the oppositions defence back and creates space in midfield. Every time he comes off we replace him with someone like Crowley (who picks the ball up from deep) or Gimenez (not fast enough to get in behind). This basically means their defence pushes up and gets tight to Juke which crowds the midfield and then forces us backwards which invites pressure from their attackers.

When we're defending deep we're more likely to concede goals, and the only way we'll score is from a quick counter attack which to be fair to him we were robbed of today.

He needs to stop taking Mrabti off, or bring on someone who does the same job as him or we're screwed. I don't think Mrabti is a particularly good player or anything but due to Juke's lack of mobility he is incredibly important and fills the 'in behind' movement role of Che last season. Every game he brings Mrabti off after 60 minutes and every time we look worse when he leaves the pitch. It really does my head in.

Perhaps Mrabti can't last the full 90. I agree though that things go wrong when he comes off
08:21, Wed 22 Jan
Mrabti's energy and workrate is a real positive for us but it's impossible to sustain that level for a full 90 minutes.
He's not Superman. That level of pressing is seriously knackering.
The same applies to Juke, albeit with different attributes.
In an ideal world, if we're in front after an hour or so, we change both for subs with the same qualities.
But this is the real world - a ) we don't have that strength in depth and b ) Juke is a one off at this level so we'll struggle to find another with his aerial prowess particularly at the far post attacking the cross.
It's a dilemma - until we sign similar or better or kids emerge to claim their chance.
Credit, patience and stay behind them