12:37, Thu 13 Feb
Yep, I (and I assume the majority of blues fans) don’t give a toss what brand of football we play as long as it’s effective.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:59, Thu 13 Feb
Saul Goodman
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha
Meanwhile another defeat for St Garry. Against Luton.

Interesting really, Garry got all the praise while all along, Pep was the brains behind the operation.

Wonder when Pep will get the full fans support, as some seem quite stubborn and need to grown up and appreciate what’s in front of them,

There is a middle ground here

We've had an average season, we're 14th in the league which to me isn't particularly great with the talent we have, the performances have been very mixed, we've had spells of playing pretty poorly with some good games thrown in.

We've won the last 3 games, brilliant. It doesn't make him a magician, and similarly he's clearly not the worst coach in the world either.

I still don't see him as someone who will get us promoted, I think things have often been muddled and over-complicated and it might be that the injuries have pretty much forced him into naming a consistent team for the first time this season.

Promotion is ultimately the aim and I'd prefer a proven manager, if he was sacked tomorrow I don't think he'd get another job at this level again. I'll back him for as long as he's here but reserve the right to say when I think he should be doing better.

It's not all black and white and our opinions and positions shouldn't dramatically change back and forth and inside out based on a weeks football.
Spot on, totally agree
13:07, Thu 13 Feb
MForssell9
Saul Goodman
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha
Meanwhile another defeat for St Garry. Against Luton.

Interesting really, Garry got all the praise while all along, Pep was the brains behind the operation.

Wonder when Pep will get the full fans support, as some seem quite stubborn and need to grown up and appreciate what’s in front of them,

There is a middle ground here

We've had an average season, we're 14th in the league which to me isn't particularly great with the talent we have, the performances have been very mixed, we've had spells of playing pretty poorly with some good games thrown in.

We've won the last 3 games, brilliant. It doesn't make him a magician, and similarly he's clearly not the worst coach in the world either.

I still don't see him as someone who will get us promoted, I think things have often been muddled and over-complicated and it might be that the injuries have pretty much forced him into naming a consistent team for the first time this season.

Promotion is ultimately the aim and I'd prefer a proven manager, if he was sacked tomorrow I don't think he'd get another job at this level again. I'll back him for as long as he's here but reserve the right to say when I think he should be doing better.

It's not all black and white and our opinions and positions shouldn't dramatically change back and forth and inside out based on a weeks football.
Spot on, totally agree

I have never thought about this - I am a fan of Pep but cant argue with that tbf
14:07, Thu 13 Feb
I wonder if Puscas still thinks he made the right choice? BTW, Chelsea want Jude as do every top club in Europe and the going price is now somewhere between 35-50 million according to Sky.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
14:10, Thu 13 Feb
When we eventually do fetch 50 Million or more for Jude I really really hope we are sensible and use it well.

We could sign 4 or 5 really good young players which we can try and get promoted with, failing that, their sell on potential will fund further promotion charges for a good while, it really will be a chance to transform.
14:13, Thu 13 Feb
Saul Goodman
When we eventually do fetch 50 Million or more for Jude I really really hope we are sensible and use it well.

We could sign 4 or 5 really good young players which we can try and get promoted with, failing that, their sell on potential will fund further promotion charges for a good while, it really will be a chance to transform.

Will be the biggest summer for our club in the last couple of decades.

How Dong et al spend the money that's about to come in is going to be imperative, as you said above, players of the Crowley, Sunjic, Bela ilk are vital. Of course, if you want goals, you must spend money, if we want to go and grab someone like Toney, it's going to cost £10m, but if he smashes it, he's worth £25m.

I really hope the planning started a while ago.
08:02, Fri 14 Feb
Andy Mac
He's taken a right pounding however you can't deny the lastest results have been fantastic.
Corner turned?
Discuss.

Been a fan If his from day one and very happy with the recent upturn in results. He has made mistakes sure but seems to be learning from them. Let’s not forget all the crap he has had to put up with and has been A1 in terms of his conduct.

Respects the club/the city/the fans, think it’s about time some of our stubborn fan base maybe gave him some credit where it’s due but I won’t hold my breathe

His team selections are mostly brave (sometimes different to my thinking but he is a better football manager/knowledgeable than me),dropping Camp then bring him back...spot on, giving a 16 year old a chance to shine which would not have happened if Monk were here, dropping the captain...and brave things to do and never shyed away.
08:08, Fri 14 Feb
Super Hans
Yep, I (and I assume the majority of blues fans) don’t give a toss what brand of football we play as long as it’s effective.

Not sure that's true of everybody
09:22, Fri 14 Feb
Agreed. Plenty on here have said how although successful they wouldn’t want to watch McLeish football here again. Knowing your team is going out to try and cause the other team problems and win the game rather than trying not to lose it, by containing the other team week after week, gets a lot of grace from fans in the long run
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:27, Fri 14 Feb
Yeah, I certainly agree with that.

I'm not into this mentality that if you win any old shite will do.

I reckon Hans is right though to be fair, most people would disagree with me.
09:34, Fri 14 Feb
I dunno mate. Some of the shit served up by Eck and Bruce at times was draining to watch. Rowett occasionally too.
I think the start of last season especially (and no I’m not pining for Monk at all. I get why he was sacked) shows what I see as the majority respecting that we were playing well , deserving to beat better sides and although not winning, we had a game plan that was basically ‘ come on then, we’re not scared of you, can you stop us winning’.
It was refreshing how we played and how patient we we were as fans.
As I said trusting what you see, goes a long way
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:07, Fri 14 Feb
If we ever get back up, I don't want to see any Eck or even late-Bruce stuff where we play one far-off striker at home and go out for a point at best.

I know you can't go all out against Man City or Liverpool, but you can still try to make something happen and approach means a lot. I would rather we went up, tried as best to win games and came down rather than bore the arse of everyone praying for 17th.

Intent gets you a lot of credit.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
14:43, Fri 14 Feb
Its a balance. I think you do need to be a little bit pragmatic though, especially in the Prem, in light of the huge financial differences between clubs. I think clubs are justified in not trying to outplay Man City but finding another way to compete. But I agree about some of the football we have played at times in the past being just a bit too dour.
15:23, Fri 14 Feb
I feel a bit sorry for Norwich, they are the best team from the bottom 6 that I've seen although I only see MOTD highlights of games. They always look to win and just seem to be unlucky in pretty much every game. Their fans seem happy enough with the manager though and prefer to be doing it that way.
10:27, Sat 15 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
I dunno mate. Some of the shit served up by Eck and Bruce at times was draining to watch. Rowett occasionally too.
I think the start of last season especially (and no I’m not pining for Monk at all. I get why he was sacked) shows what I see as the majority respecting that we were playing well , deserving to beat better sides and although not winning, we had a game plan that was basically ‘ come on then, we’re not scared of you, can you stop us winning’.
It was refreshing how we played and how patient we we were as fans.
As I said trusting what you see, goes a long way

I think Monk tried to keep us competitive and play some entertaining football at the same time, albeit not the purest form. A good balance. Rowett kept us competitive which I think he had to do, but just didn’t have the players to do anymore, to be fair to him. Eck was the one that frustrated me the most, because he had the resources to do more, and in the end, we weren’t even competitive.

Btw, whilst I don’t pine for Monk, I still don’t believe the reason he was sacked was what we were told.